Lambo Huracan 'Performante' sets new Nordschleife lap record | FerrariChat

Lambo Huracan 'Performante' sets new Nordschleife lap record

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by intrepidcva11, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
  2. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
  3. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    No, they report Trofeo R compound & road legal, so must have some grooves.

In general, I thought the driver was very smooth in his inputs, the car required limited corrections and the driver knows the circuit well -- when to take a lot of curb, when to take none.

Quick, for sure, and the accompanying Lamborghini active aero video is cool to see too.
    Philip

4. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It almost feels like a video game. It's quite amazing how fast and composed that car is through the entire track. Time for Ferrari to step up their game.

5. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #5 Andrew R., Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    you mean Audi has been helping Lamborghini with its performance and technology.

:)

7. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    And I guess Fiat was helping Ferrari.

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I think from what i hear, ferrari helps fiat these days.

In any event the aero on the performante is developed by Lambo and there is consternation because they will not share it with the rest of the VW group.
    But yes otherwise the engine and climate control are really audi, and being part of a large group gives Lambo acess to development tools and facilities a small manufactuerer otherwise does not have. It also provides economies of scale as the R8 is basicaly a hurucan light under the skin.

9. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    is the v10 and r8 chassis an audi design or did the gallardo come first and audi borrowed it?

10. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Well. I dont know who made the V10, but the Gallardo came out in 2003(with v10) and the R8 came out in 2006. The first model of the R8 had the V8 engine from Audi and it wasn't untill the 2nd generation(2009) it took the motor of the Gallardo, which by then the Gallardo already moved on to the next generation, which later on Audi took that in the R8.

I owned at the same time the R8 with the V8 motor(sold the car now) but still have the Superleggera(first model). Chalk and cheese these two cars(both 2008 model) same AWD, chassis, audio, aircon but different motors. I believe up until now the R8 is even closer to the Huracan. Now with the Performante...... its a big difference again.

11. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    I was always planning on keeping the Superleggera, I use it heaps. I never liked the Huracan because of the tapered rear of the car. But now the Performante rear is such an improvement in my opinion over the original.

12. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I like how it looks with the camo wrap. I wonder if Lambo will allow a customer to spec a car that looks the same. :)