Lambo in my school parking lot!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lambo in my school parking lot!!

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by bluekawala, Feb 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

This is total BS !! Where did you get these numbers from? First of all, the bottom fifth pays ZERO !! The middle does bear a great deal of the tax burden but that is SIMPLY because they are the greatest number of taxpayers, in other words, the vast majority of Americans fall in the middle rather that at the very top or the very bottom, and as such they pay more in terms of gross dollars. THE FACTS ARE: the top 5% pay 34-35% of ALL taxes in the country, doesn't seem equitable to me, when you stop to consider the remaining 65% of taxes are paid by what ammounts to 97-98% of the population in terms of number of bodies. Mathematically, it appears that the top 2-3% of income earners; roughly 6 million bodies, are paying a disproportionate amount of the taxes for the benefit of the remaining 194 million bodies (give or take).

2. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL

These are the numbers I'm finding. This and mbmike's. I agree 100%, the top is getting screwed! I'm trying to convince my friends to vote this Nov, but many of them are of the opinion that one vote doesn't matter. Hopefully by the time I'm in the top earning bracket things will have changed... but I doubt it. Thats why I wan to run a buisness, if I'm good enough with books etc I'll save bundles. Imagine that... keeping the money you earned.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Bluekawala, I hate to tell you this but, you are wasting your time. We ammended our freakin' Constitution to give 18yr olds the RIGHT, no, dare I say the PRIVELAGE to vote, and the only ones that want to avail themselves of this privelage are the HATE AMERICA crowd who take their advice from the entertainment community, most of whom nowadays, at least to me, look like they are in SEVERE NEED of bathing and hygeine lessons (when is the last time Brad Pitt or Sean Penn bathed or washed their hair? Looks like quite awhile to me) BUT I DIGRESS: college age kids will not feel the PAIN or realize how important taking part in the political process truly is until:

1. They are married with kids and all the commensrate responsibilities
    2. They have actually had to worry about keeping a roof over their heads, food on the table and heat in the house
    3. They have been in the workforce (I don't mean part-time jobs for Eminem CD money or to take out their girlfriends) long enough to FEEL THE PAIN of taxes
    4. They have experienced what it is like to launch an entrpreneurial start-up

Just my 2 cents. Until then, they will continue to follow the left-wing mantra.

4. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    You think you've got it bad there?

Here in Australia, people in the top earning bracket get slogged over 40%.

5. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    While I was going to University of Miami, I have seen the most amazing list of cars ever..

The first day of class back in 93 I saw a guy pull up in a yellow Diablo.. Meanwhile, I was putting around in my Civic hatchback!

Over the years, I saw Lotus, Vipers, Ferraris, Porsche of all kinds.. It was great.. Kept me motivated!

I still go to the UM gym and I still see some nice cars that I can't believe students drive!

Lotus Espirit V8 and SL55 just last Monday!

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Probably the athletes from football or basketball, happens a lot a DIv 1 schools, I saw it at Michigan. Besides, we all know how dity UM recruiting is. At least they don't pimp out/rape women like Colorado.