Lambo SUV | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lambo SUV

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by zjpj, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Clax
    I agree totally that an open air motoring experience is very special. I also agree that the 360 really looks good as a spyder. The Murcie "barchetta" didn't do it for me and IMHO it's very hard to make a mid engined spyder look as good as a front engined spyder such as a 275 gts NART or an e type Jag. Another ultra wide mid engined car that didn't do it for me was the "V-16 Cizerio Moroder" or whatever it's called. There was a yellow one I saw in Monterey that looked awful to me.

2. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You're right James - the Cizeta Moroder is a real train wreck of a design.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I too looked at the Cizeta at Monterey. It was a cool design in 1990, not anymore. Looks way too dated. Poor guy is trying to get 750,000 for those things!

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Allan
    It is amazing he kept going and finished those cars. They did look dated.
    I wonder what it's like to drive one probably a bit like the Vector. The coupe was dated but the spyder was really out there. There were a lot of beautiful Lambo's at that show in a rainbow of colors. Way cool.

5. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Sheesh that thing is ugly. I cant even imagine it being attractive in 1990. Looks like a bad mixture of a Diablo, TR, and some other stuff that just doesn't work.

I wouldn't pay anyone $75K for that let alone $750K. That makes no sense.

6. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just came across this tidbit of info that kind of amazed me. The "Moroder" in Cizeta Moroder is none other than the one time king of disco, Giorgio Moroder http://www.giorgiomorodergallery.com/moroder/moroder.html

Depite being multi-faceted and maybe even some sort of a renaissance man,

"A man has got to know his limitations."

:)

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I seem to remember a Lambo V12 in a Cherokee, under that short duration of Amrican ownership.

THE LM IS AMAZING, oh GOD I WANT ONE!

8. FastTalk

FastTalk Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2002
    Calabasas, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam Alexander
    I love my LM American, you should see the looks of confusion on peoples faces when it rolls past them.. :)

9. NSKFlorida

NSKFlorida Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    I've never seen another LM on the road or even at a show. My LM/American is a really terrific vehicle off-road, where its ride is actually pretty smooth. It's not too tough to maintain either; maintenance is pretty standard, but tires are the really expensive part. If we could just get some power under 3000rpm...

Actually, other LM owners: have you had difficulty switching into unlocked 4x4? I can go from 4x2 high into 4x4 locked easily (well, with some elbow grease on the lug wrench), but it refuses to engage unlocked 4x4... any ideas?