Lamborghini Countach 2018 Unofficial Concept | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Countach 2018 Unofficial Concept

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by BBoyJmE, Oct 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
  2. Very nice! If it was built, the waiting line would be like the original.

BBoyJmE likes this.
  3. JonathanElstein

JonathanElstein Karting

Oct 19, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Elstein
    Hi

First, it's great that you have made the effort to do this and you clearly have a lot of skill - well done! The lighting, colour etc are very nicely executed.

I do like it, but forgive me for saying that most of the changes from the original are, IMHO, not improvements. It looks more modern, but I personally like the original Bravos, side indicators, popup headlights, air intakes etc. The new nose is a bit too 'Huracan' for my taste. The one change I do really like is the prototype-style rear lights, but I guess that reinforces my view that it's very hard to improve on the Gandini original!

Jonathan

Lambocars666, wbaeumer and BBoyJmE like this.
  4. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Very nice. Though still there, I like how you made it less stealth like. Less than the current cars. I have said for many years, the stealth fighter look is completely outdated. It was a cool design in 2005. But not now.

But mark my word. I think we will see more curvaceous designs, or lines, in the next 5-10yrs. If not most of the line up, at least a few models. AND, never say never with a manual transmission.

5. 400GT4doors

400GT4doors Karting

Jan 2, 2009
    Vigo, Spain
    I absolutely love it. As a Countach lover since child, I can only say "Fantastic work". Congratulations!!

BBoyJmE likes this.
  6. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Cool to imagine what a modern one might look like... I love it.. So sad designers don’t get to DESIGN cars anymore.. Lawyers design cars ( no pop up lamps, no vertical scissor doors, pedestrian caving in hoods etc.. the sad list goes on and on). I love your vision though.

BBoyJmE likes this.
  7. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Thank you so much! I plan on building it in 2 years, nothing to the quality of Lamborghini of course, but a prototype driving shell at the very least :)
    Who knows, Maybe Lamborghini will buy the design!
    Jonathan! Thank you for for your kind words. I agree that you cannot redo an icon.. I look at this design and I go wow that is nice, I look at the Original and my heart just melts... many like my design over the original and I argue with them that htey are wrong! haha. I just had to do it as so many "concept" Countach designs out there miss the point. I believe I have done well in keeping key elemnts of the original. For instance, silver front bumper is like the prototype, DRLS homage to the 3 aluminum grills on the LP400s-QV, wheels are mixed bravo and later models, airboxes fins are there, periscope homage on the roof, and many lines are shared front the original (using Scanned data)

I will be doing a breakdown of the design in the future, plus more realistic renderings!

Thank you Peter!
    I must agree, Lamborghini has gone crazy with stealth-fighter designs. Take the Aventador for example. Sexy as car, but then the SV came out, then S, then SVJ.. just sticking on more and more pointy origami elements it is just messy. Vanilla Aventador is the sexiest one!

Hehe thank you so much! Means a lot to me. I was born and raised on my dads LP500s Countach pics. He had one before I was born and lost it and his fortunes to the Lebanese Civil war. Since I was 12 I've wanted to design a car, sell it for a million dollars and buy him back his Countach haha.

Thank you Ken! Ha, speaking of pop up lights, I was trying to design that in there but I read that they are illegal. I then tried a sliding lid design and thought I'm complicating things and opted out with what you see.

Thank you guys for your comments, I shall have realistic outdoor renders in the future. For now, enjoy these rough renders :)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. GTAV6

GTAV6 Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jono
    Wow... You really should be working for Lamborghini! That is an extremely high class concept. A crying shame it will probably never become a reality.

BBoyJmE likes this.
  9. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Oh thank you so much! It would be a dream to work for them haha.
    Ihope they offer to buy it and build it, imagine that, I'd cry.

10. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Fantastic job!
    Well done, and I love the Tahiti Blue one.

Where are you with your big scale model of the 5000S?

Please continue to post some more renderings!

Boomhauer and BBoyJmE like this.
  11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    What a great looking redesign of the original Countach. Didn’t Lamborghini build a prototype Miura that didn’t make it to production?

BBoyJmE likes this.
  12. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Oh thank you em42!! Means a lot to me :)
    It is more on the green side for Tahiti, but I love that colour too!

I will do some realistic renderings of the Concept alongside the original when I come back from holiday. I'm actually going to stay at a friends house who has the Countach I drove last year. Ahhh so excited!

I am working on the LP500s daily since 2 weeks ago. Will do a post update on that when I get back. Currently have the chassis, wheels, suspension, body panels, wing, airboxes, trunk lid, engine cover, front trunk lid, pop up lights and most of the interior ready for 3D printing. Not only that, all have the nut and bold holes to bold together. A Lot of time and effort goes into doing that as it is not going to be a single piece print. For instance, every separate leather piece on the dash is printed separately and will be wrapped with thin lambskin leather and bolted together. Hard work!
    When the interior is done i will start adding the trunk and engine details.

Thank you for showing your interest, I can't wait to show you Countach owners what a beauty it is going to be :)

Thank you so much! Yes, The Miura redesign/restyling was AMAZING, What a shame it did not make production. When I saw that in 2006, I thought they should do one for the Countach.... Finally I decided to do one myself :)

Maser and em42 like this.
  13. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008

Can't wait to see your update!!!

14. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like it!

BBoyJmE likes this.
  15. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Its really pretty, cool,good eye. We do lots of this kind of work from an idé,to finished product, i do notice your side widows will not fit in the door,based on angels, lots of important details involved with creating the complete finished product, keep on doing what you are doing,you got tons of talent.

BBoyJmE likes this.
  16. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Thank you E! Yeah I will be doing the split window like the prototype OR like the Mclaren F1, will need to add in reverse light, front side indicator on the fender flare like a Murcielago etc. for now it is more on the concept stage than a prototype :)

17. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great work!

BBoyJmE likes this.
  18. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
  19. Really neat. What kind of power plant? I would think you would have to sell it as a kit car in the US due to regulations, similar to something like the Noble.

BBoyJmE likes this.
  20. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Thank you :)

It will require some research to get this car produced and be able to sell it in some countries. I know in NSW Australia you can't register a kit or custom car unless it was assembled in the state. So you can buy the body, power-train and chassis separate and assemble it here etc.

As for power plant, oh boy, honestly if I had the money, I would put a manual Murcielago V12 in it! but the person I've been speaking to and likely to produce this car with is thinking a V8 Chevy 2017. He says it comes supercharged in a crate for 17k and 700 reliable HP and can bolt onto anything! With a crossover exhaust it sounds closer to a V12. I'd rather a modified BMW V12 than to have to say this "Countach" has a v8 in it.

All this engine talk goes over my head, i'm more excited on seeing the body panels milled from foam :)

21. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    It needs the Darth Vader bumpers.

22. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I love your wheel design,also your choice of color,we use this blue green shade very often lately,(pics not allowed) BMW Snapper Rocks blue.

23. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Great work!

BBoyJmE likes this.
  24. BBoyJmE

BBoyJmE Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2015
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Jimmy Nahlous
    Thank you!! I simply did a larger version of the originals and then added in a hint of Bravo wheels into them :) glad you liked them. Yeah I did love the BMW greenish blue, this isn't exactly that colour (or it might be who knows as google images are all over the shop) but it definitely was the inspiration from when ii saw one drive by ages ago!
    Thank you !