Lamborghini Countach Window Frame | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Countach Window Frame

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by xtrememachines, Dec 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xtrememachines

Feb 21, 2017
    Looking to find out the correct measurements in "mm" of the front Diagonal portion of the Countach door window glass frames LHS & RHS sides of vehicle and the Diagonal caps shown in the photos. The left side and right side of vehicle their should be a difference in a measurement back to the Diagonal glass pillar frame ,highlighted green arrows on the photos. Thank you
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GraemeS

GraemeS Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Auckland New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graeme Stebbing
    Hi Extreme this was measured from the Alpine car in 1987 the drawing was pretty rough but was deadly acurate.Hope it helps
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. xtrememachines

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you GraemeS
    I believe it,s close , it,s hard for me to make out what the window pillar height is ? I highlighted it with a green arrow.... The Right hand side of the car window frame should be different about 10 cm more in the diagonal glass area . In the year 1979 the Countach was modified in headroom interior height and car body width , known as the wide body lp500. The new wooden bulk was shaped out of proportion by mistake with hand tooling and their was not enough time available to make the correction ,so the new wide body car went into production.Pre 1979 Countach door window diagonal glass will not work for earlier models. OK, thank you sir ! I seen where lots of people world wide are moving to New Zealand to live , the weather must be great & economy ! Freezing here ! Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. GraemeS

GraemeS Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    Auckland New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graeme Stebbing
    Hi that was measured along with the whole car took three full days to measure everything suspension the lot at least 3 times it would have been 440 from where frame meets door skin to the top of that vertiCal bar where it meets the alloy body section shown as 25mm wide I'm sorry I can' t be more accurate but it was so long ago, every panel was measured as we dont have many down here at all are you on Facebook

5. xtrememachines

Feb 21, 2017
    Thank you I appreciate the info. I don,t have the facebook , some of the oem countach parts were made from different fab shops not owned by lamborghini ,even the tube chassis was outsourced. I think their were 4 or more auto glass vendors and 3 styles of window frames , black stainless steel frames and painted black aluminum frames and vintage chrome frames. Most of the people who hand made the oem parts are very old in age now or have passed away. I hope your project went well Graeme ( Happy New Year 2018 )