Lamborghini L802 V12 Offshore engine | FerrariChat

Lamborghini L802 V12 Offshore engine

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Dec 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    #2 jollygood, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    More L802 V12 pics...

Exceptionally rare working Lamborghini L802 V12 electronic fuel injected Offshore Class 1 engine mounted on a rolling trolley.

The engine has a displacement of 8,2 liters and the output is approximately 800 bhp.

These engines were built by Lamborghini Motori Marini department at Sant'Agata back in the 80's and 90's until Audi takeover in 1998. These engines have won many Class 1 Offshore world titles. Approximately only fifty L802 engines were built. Needless to say that most of them are today broken or lost. A very few of them without internal parts still exist and are displayed in museums or private garages and only a handful as the one offered here are perfectly functioning.

The complete engine rebuild has been performed in Italy by the same people who have built them in the 80's under the supervision of legendary Valentino Balboni. The work performed is absolutely outstanding. The engine is mounted on a tailor made rolling trolley incorporating all ancillary equipment in order to start it. The upper part of the rolling trolley incorporates a state of the art digital display where all the engine information is shown and a start push button. The engine is managed by a finely tuned Lamborghini Iniezione Elettronica (L.I.E.) unit.

Needless to say that the sound of this V12 engine is absolutely incredible. It can be admired static as a piece of art or started at will on a button.

This can be for sure one of the ultimate Christmas gifts or "must have" piece for any Lamborghini collector!....or someone brave enough to install it back in a boat...

Please feel free to contact for further information and sound videos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My lord !!!!

Happy Christmas to some lucky soul!!

3. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  4. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nDb4MYREmJs[/ame]

5. That is so cool!

6. Chipster

Chipster Rookie

Aug 21, 2008
    Chantilly, VA
    Full Name:
    Chip Connell
    That's wild. Would make the coolest office desk ever!

7. Miura1960

Miura1960 Karting

Apr 25, 2008
  8. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Rob, I wonder if your wife would let you have that in the family room to entertain guests? :eek:

9. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Very pretty, been around these a few times, the first ones had carbs, marketed in USA by Mercury in the mid late 80s, tested a catamaran in Italy with the first version ,but not powerful enough versus supercharged American hardware, today waay behind,there is a few floating around,Harold at Lamborghini Orlando got 2 in his old Cougar catamaran, i think this engine originally where developed as a powerplant for desert attack vehicle ,in a joint program with a middle east company,but the program failed,and it ended up as a marine engine beeing the cyl volume fits perfect in class one.

10. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You know Joe, she probably would! She's that sorta gal. Loves being in the QV. Cars, racing, noise. Mind you, I may need to duct the exhaust out of the house. Neighbors would love the noise. Ha

11. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Awesome.

Your neighbors have probably come to appreciate the sound of a Lamborghini V12!

12. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Im not sure they "appreciate" it as it has a straight thru exhaust system. Gawd, its loud. On tick over, sounds like a Merlin V12. Although think the Merlin is 65 degrees where the QV is 90.
    Gotta love a loud pipe or four!

13. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen

14. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Lambo is 60 degree , and it sounds nothing like a merlin wich is triple the volume and a less than 50% rpm @wot they both sound amazing ,but very different.

15. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Me and some friends attended a first hand demonstration about 3-4 years ago. I still remember that glorious sound! ;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-MmepMaWQE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3ZmIxlAKE8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofA1DBczUro[/ame]

16. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  17. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    Any source behind it? The engine was indeed tested on LM004, but it was not capable at the time. 7.2L with only 500 hp and increased weight - didn't work.
    I thought it was vice versa.

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Visa versa as in first marine then lm002? Do not know anything reg a 7,2 litre engine and therefore have no comment, My comment on the big marine version i am shure can be verified in todays internet acsess of info. I apologise for not remembering but will check with my good friend Steve Curtis wich have von more boat races with this engines than the rest of the world combined lol.

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    This one sounds best. I would sacrifice originality if my Countach could sound like that! That is the bark of an F-1 car :)

20. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    #22 hashiriya, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Oh, well, not 7.2L I get messed up, my bad sorry. It's really a 7.0L engine. The LM history is very weak, the factory hadn't disclose any major story on the whole LM project.
    The thing is that it really appeared just a little earlier than QV.
    LM004 7000 - the STORY on LamboCARS.com

21. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    A very nice piece... hopefully this will soon be on its way to the USA.

22. Playframe King

Playframe King Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2010
    UK
    reminds me...i was fortunate enough to spend a couple of hours in Dubaii at a facility running the Dubaii offshore powerboats, having got chatting to an engineer at a dockside - the boats ran (from memory) twin marinised Lambourghini engines at 900BHP each. There were something like 9 races around the world in that years series - there were approx 12-15 engines, all on stands, all in various build stages...
    apparently, they would bench run them, and then use them for one race only, before being swapped out for the next new pair
    sadly I dont have pics, but that build shop will stay in my memory for ever....there was a lot of BHP lying in there...

23. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    Anybody know the ask price?