Lamborghini Movie :( | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Movie :(

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Nuvolari, Dec 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I noticed this movie being spoken about a little here and there but thought it would be fitting to have a dedicated thread if nothing else as a cautionary warning to avoid this turd. But first the trailer:

I had the occasion to see this movie (I would not dare call it a film) yesterday and there was even a little intro where some of the actors and producers were present. After the screening it took everything in me not to heckle my displeasure as it was not the worst movie I have seen in my life but very near to it. The shame is that they had good actors and the filming is of high quality.

Beyond that, the production is an unmitigated disaster. Without spoilers I'll list off some of the sources of my displeasure:

- Historically inaccurate in countless ways
    - Most scenes with cars in them show models that did not exist until 5-10 years after the date being portrayed (this is pretty simple stuff to get right)
    - Absolutely terrible chemistry between the actors
    - Timelines are wholly unbelievable
    - Story is incredibly badly developed
    - Audio editor should find a new line of work. Beyond the fact that the engine sounds were terrible (only something a keener would notice) the general sound mixing of the actors voices and background sounds was distractingly bad

I know that car enthusiasts have a hard time watching these kinds of movies because we nit pick on the details but this is totally different. It was just a BAD MOVIE. I was shocked at how poorly executed it was and you see much better productions by kids on YouTube.

The producers should be embarrassed . Consider yourself warned :)

2. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014

I think the true story of Ferruccio Lamborghini and his company could have made a really good movie.
    I'm just afraid that for a long time now no film company will spend a lot of money to release "another" Lamborghini movie.
    An opportunity was missed

The only good news is that if the movie is really that bad, we don't have to worry that there will be a second part of this movie ;)

vfinaldi and Nuvolari like this.
  3. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Unfortunately the life and story of Lamborghini has all the makings of a great film. The building of his company from nothing, the tragedy of his wife dying in child birth, the feud with Ferrari, and the eventual financial ruin all read like a Hollywood blockbuster. As it was I was stunned that the actors and producers involved managed to screw it up as they did.

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I watched it and i agree it is a pretty badly produced ..totally let down unlike Ford vs. Ferrari

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

5. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    It could have been SUCH a good movie!
    I was so excited. I made the whole family sit down to watch. Half way through, I was the only one left watching.

ghibliman likes this.
  6. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Very disappointing indeed

7. luzion

luzion Karting

Dec 5, 2022
    Full Name:
    Luzgin Dmitri
    I watched this movie. I think Ferruccio Lamborghini, his life and the history of creating premium cars were worthy of the best film. Here is a frankly weak scenario, minus the brand image. A maximum of 6 out of 10, for the opportunity to admire the views of Italy, bright colors and a musical series. The topic of the automotive industry is not disclosed. Not a single codre about Ballboni, it's a pity.The picture is good, the content is weak

8. vfinaldi

vfinaldi Formula Junior

Total crap movie I agree. One of the worst I have seen. 1 out of 10. And I was excited for it. Too bad…

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I have had the movie for 3 weeks now and just can not bring myself to watch it.

10. Michael Call

Michael Call Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 6, 2008
    S.L.C. Utah
    Full Name:
    Michael D. Call
    You should just keep in handy in the event that you accidentally ingest something toxic and don't have any ipecac around.

11. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Compared to NOPE it is The Godfather + Grand Prix + Le Mans .... :eek::D:p

It is pretty bad - But the Miura scenes are worth the struggle :cool:

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  12. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I like the Ferruccio's DD the ‘57 Cali

Shorn355 likes this.
  13. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Which Countach chassis number is that blue Countach?

14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Watched it last night. Unbeknownst to me my wife was watching it from afar, from the kitchen table while wrapping gifts.
    My takeaway? They sure do smoke a lot. My wife's take away " what ******" cheater, and " felt sorry for him" That's the movie made it seem like he grew old a lonely man/
    I'm much more enjoyed the 3 part DeLorean special on Netflix a lot more than I did this movie. I recommend watching that. DeLorean had a sinister side. I remember seeing the plans of the car in the late '70s as my Aunt was given them for her investors. Probably should ask her about all that as I was very young.
    Though this movie wasn't terrible. However, as one said earlier.......inaccurate.
    Movie seemed rushed soon after the car was on display.
    I did not know his wife died at child birth. That was very sad. However, it was very cool to start hearing the names of Bob Wallace and all the others. That put a smile on my face

Nuvolari likes this.
  15. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    One of the most preposterous segments involved the supposed “race”, pitting the Countach against a Mondial of all things. The Countach would have absolutely slaughtered the hapless Ferrari at any time, unless the Lambo’s gas tank was half-filled with water. How utterly ridiculous to anyone who remotely knows cars.

carguyjohn350 and jimpo1 like this.
  16. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    As far as the race, since it did not happen I think it was more symbolic than anything else. It was less about the cars but more about the challenge. During the movie it may have been a breather space (kind of like a bumper) for the audience to think during that time between scenes.

Shorn355 likes this.
  17. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's a symbolic metaphor of their relationship- not an actual race-

18. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I find it comical that the director or writer would have the depth of talent to create such an elaborate metaphor with the race scene yet still create the hospital scene that he did. I mean, watching the wife die in the delivery room in explicit and gory detail was more suited to a horror film. It's doubly bad when the scene was perfectly set up for drama with Ferrucio coming home to find the mid-wife cleaning the floor. It was totally un-necessary to show all that gushing blood and distress as it added nothing to the moment.

Peter K. likes this.
  19. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Absolutely could not agree more - that level of shock and gore was unnecessary for a film like this -

Peter K. and Nuvolari like this.
  20. jdfelter

jdfelter Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2004
    Absolute garbage. All involved should be embarrassed.

21. I'm convinced that the Mondial used must have been owned by someone with a connection for the movie. A more appropriate Ferrari would have been an easy find.

Did anyone actually see this in a movie theater?

chipbiii likes this.
  22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #22 TheMayor, Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    LOL Countach vs Mondial.

All you need to know.

Ford Vs Ferrari is so full of historical mistakes (aka rewriting of History) its impossible to keep track of. But at least its a good movie.

A documentary it is not-- like this thing.

The tragedy of Ferruccio is he set off to beat Ferrari, and in the end Enzo remained the king while he just walked away. Not a great story to build from IMO.

What we got out of all of this is a better Ferrari company and Ferrari products along with the golden age of Super Cars, which fortunately still exists today in McLaren, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Bugatti, etc -- along with the company that still uses his name.

23. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Well, since no one else stepped up to make a proper film this is what we're stuck with. And god knows we have film makers, producers, directors owners on here or connected here.
    If this movie never came out, who would have done it? No one has done it in 60yrs.
    We've been embarrassed.

24. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Can someone post a picture the scene where Feruccio has the engine on the bench while while he was imagining sidedraft? And tell us what engine that is?

25. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    Early 3 Liter 250 GT Engine according to Ian Tyrrell