LAMBORGHINI TRATTORI | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LAMBORGHINI TRATTORI

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Olivier NAMECHE, Dec 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    gigiw169, NürScud and Boomhauer like this.
  2. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    I just noticed this has appeared on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960-LAMBORGHINI-5C-CINGOLATO-CRAWLER/282794186802?hash=item41d7d8d832:g:yBIAAOSw6MNaSPvA

It was for sale on Bring a Trailer last year but did not meet the reserve. It looks like a fantastic restoration and I think its current price is very fair considering its condition looks perfect.

But I believe this is not actually a 5C. The battery on a 5C is under the bonnet rather than directly in front of the driver rather and, as far as I know, the 5C did not start production until 1961. Having studied the photos I think this is an earlier, rarer model, either a 3402C or a 3403C. But that really doesn’t matter; it would be easy to have the correct decals made and take the 5C decals off.

I have no affiliation to the seller.

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  4. samba-lee

samba-lee Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2006
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Lee Griffiths
  5. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Correction, it is not made by Klima Lounge but in Italy nearby "Cento-Ferrara", it comes with a certificate...

Sale only by Klima Lounge...

6. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    I would like to re-spay my 5C. Can anybody help me with the correct colours for the blue and orange?

Thanks,

TSS

7. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  8. I don't know, however the Gulf colors really look close.

9. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    Thanks EarlyCat. I've looked at Gulf colours and they would be OK and probably 99.9% of people wouldn't know the difference, but the Gulf blue is a little light and the orange is not quite the right hue.

I think I have found some alternatives that are closer to the original, however if anybody can tell me the exact correct ones it'd be great.

10. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    I had a bit of fun on my Lambo tractor yesterday – I used it to pass my H Category (Tracked Vehicle) driving test. Now I can throw away the L-Plates :)

Quite possibly the first person in the UK to pass the Tracked Vehicle test on a 1960’s Lamborghini!!
    The Driving Examiner said he’d never seen such a crazy vehicle!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, Ellagirl, DaniT and 3 others like this.
  11. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  12. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Boomhauer likes this.
  13. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Not sure if this is a real sign of more interest of Lamborghini collectors or rather of some car dealers and brokers who try to pushing this topic and make some fast money. Especially as some have bought a lot of these tractors in the past two years and try to selling them now. To me it looks more like some guys are creating artificial demand. Nothing wrong about this as it happens all the time with other products too.

15. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm more confident in the new enthusiast people restoring correctly the Lamborghini tractors than in all the speculators who have massively rocked the value of the Lamborghini Countach which 3 years later has dropped so much...

16. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK

There could well be an element of that, but I think mainly the big rise in interest is due to enthusiasts realising how unique the tractors are and how historically important they are to the Lamborghini brand – no tractors; no cars – Ferruccio built his business with the tractors and that success allowed him to start manufacturing supercars.

I bought mine after seeing them on display at the Museo in Funo di Argelato. I knew Lamborghini started off making tractors but I hadn’t previously realised how significant they were. After the Museo visit I decided I just had to have one.

Everywhere I drive it people love it and want to talk about it - it gets at least as much interest as my Countach. I had some neighbours over for coffee the other day and was doing the usual garage tour, Countach? Not interested. SE30? Not interested. Lamborghini tractor? They were all over it!

In the UK it’s practically unique. I can go to any car meet (or tractor meet!) and there will not be another one there. I can work on it myself easily and it’s challenging to drive in a fun way, although rather slow! In the summer I may even use it to commute to the office for a laugh.

The tractors are an opportunity to own a fun, useable and important piece of Lamborghini history for way less money than a Lamborghini car and I think that is driving demand.

Olivier NAMECHE likes this.
  17. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  18. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

What's the rubber wheel in the front between the tracks on the yellow crawler do? Is that to move it around? Ive never seen that before...

19. TSS

TSS Karting

Jul 2, 2004
    UK
    Lamborghini sold wheel kits as an option for their crawler tractors to make them easier to move on tarmac

20. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Thanks! that's pretty cool ive never seen that before, they were ahead of their time for sure... id didn't even notice the rear tires on the back of the yellow one till now!

21. em42

em42 Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    Christian.Fr likes this.