LamborghiniChat moving back to own community | FerrariChat

LamborghiniChat moving back to own community

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by rob lay, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Within the next month we are going to move LamborghiniChat back to its own community like years ago. The reason being we have some new relationships that are really going to grow the community while some of the other communities have been mismanaged by forum conglomerates.

It will be the familiar setup we have on FerrariChat with a more Lamborghini based design. You will not have to register and repost any Lamborghini content. All users that have posted in the Lamborghini section will have user accounts copied over along with all Lamborghini posts. There will also be a Lamborghini only News page.

We could use some feedback now how you want the forums setup. We'll still do subscribed and off topic areas, but for Lamborghini we are open to a single forum like now or having subforums.

At some point we'll even get a few users to help us test. Here are just some sneak peaks. Thanks!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FYI all sponsors will be copied over and have 6 months on LamborghiniChat free. After 6 months I will announce the rates, which will be much less than FerrariChat and there will be a title spot available because I doubt Ricambi will be interested. Your subscription terms on FerrariChat will also copy over, but when it is time for renewal it will require separate renewals, they will no longer be tied together. Get that 5 year now as then it will apply to both sites and couple other new ones before end of year. :)

3. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Does anyone have feedback for subforums that you would like to see? We like keeping the number of forums down to a minimum, so my first ideas are:

Classifieds
    General
    Technical
    Off topic
    Subscribed Private/Owner

Additional (maybes): Racing, Vintage, Model specific?

Let us know your thoughts!

4. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Will there be an "old theme" option? ;) (hint - hint, wink-wink) ;)

5. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'd suggest model sub forums just as Fchat is now.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    This might be OK, but I'm somewhat concerned as model subforms didn't work well where under LamborghiChat before and the activity needs to pick up where each subform would have critical mass. Maybe we can start with single on topic forum like today and then as traffic warrants start breaking it down? Or do you think we need to establish the model forums right away so then we don't fight resistance to change later? Thanks.

7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Some users get very flustered when something is posted in the wrong thread / forum section so I think it's best to separate from the start. And yes, the idea of changing it later will certainly cause a lot of drama later :D

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well you don't have that issue if all Lamborghini models in same section. ;) how would you suggest models broken down? what Lamborghini forums are best in class for their forum layout?

9. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That is better answered by Joe or one of the other experts.

10. Not an expert, just a few thoughts. We don't get much traffic beyond the Diablo, so it might take a moment to get some traction on anything not vintage, as far as separate sections. I like the idea of a separate classified section. It would be nice if an unsubscribed user could post in it as well. I delete many that would/ could be useful to the rest & it might help push things forward & increase membership. Possibly break it up with a classified section, a general Lamborghini news chat area, then newer cars followed by the vintage, using the Diablo as the beginning of that section.

ken qv and rob lay like this.
  11. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    Does anyone worry that traffic will drop due to passerby’s not passing by through the fchat forums anymore? We don’t want to end up like some of the other dedicated lmbo forums. We have a nice vintage thing going on here that fits within FChat nicely. Just a thought.

12097 and Boomhauer like this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The other Lambo forums have been bought by conglomerates and mismanaged. Our strength will be better management, dedicated Lambo news, and something else to be named later. ;)

13. derekfc

derekfc Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    forums are a relic of days past

3 categories
    technical archive
    general discussion
    for sale

or break it out to every model with sub sections for technical and chat etc.. and have many sections sit on zero activity for months/years.

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think a Lambo Chat could work.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    there is an existing market and who knows, there might even be a little resurgence. I think many our figuring out Facebook, editorials with comment sections, and the newest social apps are lacking many things a forum provides.

NeuroBeaker and Luis A. like this.
  16. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Personally I like being able to go from Ferrari chat to Lamborghini chat seemlessly along with all the other sub forums. I am not in favor of anything that will complicate that. I do not want to log into two separate forums with two separate memberships. Personally I am not not interested in the changes proposed but I am also not sure I understand exactly what you have in mind.

Cheers Jim

joe sackey, rmolke85 and Boomhauer like this.
  17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Quite true.

Though it's "fun" moving thousands upon thousands of threads, especially when they're vaguely titled.

Carbon McCoy's were a nightmare - "What is this?" [link to something, oftentimes dead] x 100+. VenusOne would only post to General Discussion - which meant El Wayne explaining the concept of categories to Venus & her not caring a whit. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

But I've never noticed the Lambo Crew being the same as those two examples - which means LC is already off to a good restart.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

Booker likes this.
  18. Luis A.

Luis A. Karting

Jul 14, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Rob, while you're at it... Can searching within a forum be made easier? Like every other forum, just having the pulldown on top of the forum in question. It's a PITA right now. Thank you.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We did recent upgrade that improved search a bunch, but still needed improvements. I agree a checkbox search this forum would save a couple steps. Thanks.

wax likes this.
  20. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #20 joe sackey, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Agreed.

I only have time for one forum, and I specialize in both Ferrari Supercars (288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo) and classic Lamborghini Supercars (Miura, Countach) so the current setup suits me and I have no desire to have to log in twice or deal with anything complicated. I fall into the camp of not being a fan of changes that may or may not be better than the status quo.

I also think it's essential that the world-renowned resource threads that have been built up with hard work & dedication over the last decade or so for the Miura and the Countach are maintained as-is, and from a personal standpoint, the ability to contribute useful technical/historical/market/current information to those threads is a big part of the reason why I am here.

Lamborghini Supercars
    - Miura
    - Countach
    - Diablo
    - Murcielago
    - Aventador

Lamborghini Front-engined
    - 350/400 GT
    - Islero
    - Espada
    - Jarama
    - LM002
    - Urus

Lamborghini V8
    - Urraco
    - Silhouette
    - Jalpa

Lamborghini V10
    - Gallardo
    - Huracan

21. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    Subdivision by category adds complexity and unnecessarily subdivides the community. Just stick with the current format and improve the search facility...

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    All LC posts will copy over.

23. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Probably a dumb question but what the hell :D

So, once the split, Fchat will no longer have a Lambo section? I ask because Fchat does have sections for other makes ;)

Does Lambo Talk have enough traffic that you think will migrate over? I've only been on Lambo Talk a couple of times.

24. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    But...but Joe....where is the Urus ?! :D

25. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006