Lamborghinis at auction | Page 102 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  2. Raclambo

Raclambo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2014
    NY,FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
  3. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    yes
    at least for pubblic results

have to say this car is possibly the lowest miles and best preserved GT in the world

but i think Diablos are getting more expensive as they deserve

4. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Wow, but deserved, i do miss my 01 orange car.

5. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I saw this car in person a few months ago, it was in amazing condition. Never found such an untouched Diablo!

6. orangelp400

orangelp400 Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    York UK
    Full Name:
    stephen
    Sorry to revive an old post and take it even more off track , although I cannot compete with this wonderful Jaeger Paris 8 day clock, which is just beautiful in its own right and even though from the '20s or maybe '30s, seamlessly "fits" perfectly with this 60s Ferrari somehow, but then they are both class acts, but for no good reason, except because I am so proud of it, I give you my Austin 7 special dash which I designed,and which I hope will be of interest to those who appreciate beautiful vintage gauges.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Someone is really paying up for low-mileage cars

8. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Looks like a solid deal, imo. 815,000 Euros for an essentially, brand new example whilst I see 3 others listed at 845,000Euros (9,800km), 748,800Euros (2,650km), & 721,980Euros (11,500km). There's a couple more that are way cheaper, but seem to be fair reflections of their usage (50,000km+).

Beautiful car, though. Congrats to her new owner.

9. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I remember the Diablo price index every one was chiming in on, the GT’s and the Jota’s were priced the same. A no mile Jota (doubt there are any left) therefore would bring a similar result?

10. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    There is one Diablo SE30 Jota with nearly delivery mileage. On top its in the best color combination purple-blue alcantara.

11. 6Speed 430

6Speed 430 Karting

Jul 6, 2012
    i think it'd be safe to assume so. Im just curious down the line, say 20 years, which will command a higher premium Jota or GT. On 1 hand the Jota only had 25 produced, but at the end of the day it is a variant of the dare I say it more "common" SE30. It also is more extreme in terms of performance, no AC, no muffler...

On the other hand the GT has more carbon fiber usage, which i firmly believe carbon will be looked at in the same light that we look at Aluminum built cars from the 1950's-60's, a more radical bodykit than the Jota and the 6.0 vs a 5.7.

Either way, both are beyond awesome cars and will go down in history as such. Glad to see Diablos are getting the recognition they deserve, my second favorite of all the V12 Lambos only after the Miura

12. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I love my GT car #74. I could not imagine parting with it for any price.

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    A white/red Jota (#140/150) was listed a short time ago for around $830,000 converted. I don't remember the mileage, though, sorry.

14. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Found the ad. Asking 675,000Euros with 30,000km for car #140.
    https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=257245553&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=14600&makeModelVariant1.modelId=3&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&searchId=b89b889c-fcb2-8178-9ef1-43dc4ec107da

According a registry, #140 was the 4th to last Jota built.

15. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    The ad states factory original yet Valentino told me that all Jota’s got the treatment post production from a stock SE30.

16. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I assume the same! Maybe 1-2 cars built by factory directly, cause i have a photo taken in 1995 which shows a naked Diablo body with a Jota bonnet mounted.

So far, nearly all Jotas, which were stated as "factory" Jota, are post production cars, confirmed by period photos which i found.

17. lewie

lewie Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    lewie
  18. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    In support of Vale's statement, we were at the factory in 1995 when production of the SE30s was in full swing, Peter Leonard-Morgan allowed us access to the production line and the completion area where we took a fair number of images, nary a Jota to be seen.

19. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Were the Jota kits applied post-production by the factory itself, or someone factory-authorized? Maybe that's what the ad is implying, that it's not a SE30 an owner decided to modify?

20. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    From what I know various shops where hired to install the Jota kit with some done when cars were new and some cars getting the treatment when used. The kits could be bought from Lamborghini as an available part. The kit was manufactured and used on a few race cars and the left over units installed on the SE30’s. What I don’t get is why the SE30’s with the Jota kit are evaluated so high being a none original post production mod. Valued as high as a Diablo GT that’s an all original production car. I realize the kits were Lambo sanctioned destined and manufactured for racing and rare, but all SE30’s were born with out it. What am I missing?

Geno

21. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    What i know is, that many JOTA kits were mounted at Top Motors in Nonantola near the factory. In my files i have 2-3 photos which shows Jotas from new at the factory, but if they were directly mounted there is not confirmed.

Maybe the factory wasn´t allowed to mount them directly, same like with the Countach rear wings.

22. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Regarding the JOTA kit history, THIS is interesting!

Why has it always been assumed that the Jota were factory cars?

23. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    So just as there are no real factory born Miura Jota’s in existence other than the one old Bob developed that was later destroyed, there are no factory born Diablo Jota’s. Based on all that Jota’s just plummeted to below SE30’s value? $800k Restomod?

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that none of the Diablo SE30 Jotas were purpose-built or assembled at the factory, unless we know that for sure.

The real issue is, as with the Miuras, the factory has never clarified which cars, if any, it purpose-built, which cars it added the Jota upgrades to after completion as an SE30 but prior to delivery, and which cars came back to the factory for the Jota upgrade after delivery as an SE30 to customers. Throw in the fact that it appears the factory may have sublet some or all of the Jota upgrade work, and you can see where the confusion comes from.

As an aside, to be clear, there are in fact some factory Miura SV Jotas (SVJs) claimed as purpose-built at the factory, some done post-SV production but prior to delivery, and some returned to the factory after delivery as SV. A similar scenario as with the SE30 Jotas, except, in the case of the Miuras, its known that the factory did the work to create SVJs there on-site, in fact, they made one extra Miura S Jota as late as 1986 for Nuova Automobili Lamborghini SpA CEO Patrick Mimran, which was also done by the factory on-site.