Lamborghinis at auction | Page 103 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno

Attached Files:

EarlyCat likes this.
  2. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Are those the prices listed to the right? In LIRA ?, :))
    Good Lord, what was the cost of one of these 28 kits??

Thanks

3. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I believe about $65-70k

4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    #2554 Lemacc, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    I have a original SE30 JOTA parts manual, which is a good overview of the complete kit.

Regarding the factory JOTAs, i guess there are sure some factory installed, but just very few. As far as i know #091,#130 and #150 are one of them.
    I think the right person which can answer our questions are Valentino Balboni or Luigi Marmioli.

On the first photo you can see a purple Jota in the background, second photo you clearly identify the engine bonnet as a JOTA bonnet and the third photo shows #150 on the production line.
    The purple JOTA is #22, but this photo was taken in 1997. So could be a later added kit. The yellow JOTA is #091, one of two SE30 with roll bar. This car was ordered by a south african client but never went to SA.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA, EarlyCat and Boomhauer like this.
  5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    They traded later on @ $100,000

Leo, is this not a Diablo SV-R, as opposed to an SE30 Jota?

6. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Recently at the Miami Concourse I discussed with Valentino the Diablo
    SE Jota. He stated that the fact is the factory didn’t install the Jota upgrade for any SE30 during the car’s production. All SE30’s were born with out the Jota kit installed. All Jota kits were put on post production. He added that outside shops installed them not at the factory. Maybe the factory outsourced the instal for some cars but either way it’s a bolt-on item just like many GM muscle cars had performance parts available from GM installed after the car was built.

Lemacc likes this.
  7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    That sounds quite definitive, thanks for expanding on that, happy to accept the received wisdom based on a first-hand discussion with someone who was there, we learn something new all the time.

8. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    The bonnet is defintely a JOTA, but i noticed the high pressure racing shocks (slightly light blue), so maybe its a racing version?!

9. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

Joe, the Jota and SVR read hood are different components. The SVR rear hood does not have the iconic Miura/SE30 rear slats.

10. Diablo_4_Ever

Diablo_4_Ever Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    It is a P-series Jota, possibly the one built for Mr. Noritake

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly, you can clearly see the hydraulic pit-lane shocks, that's what made me doubt it was a street car

Yes understood, but the car itself does not seem to be a standard SE30

Makes sense

12. puffnfresh

puffnfresh Rookie

Feb 16, 2015
    joe sackey likes this.
  13. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    At Boham Greenwich the QV injected Countach 1 owner was apparently a no sale with a low estimate of $280K while a Pantera with no engine got $226K. can anyone comment on this puzzling contrast? the auction overall was a record. Something wrong with that Countach?

14. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
  15. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
  16. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Acc to info,the Pantera was owned by Carrol Shelby. And used as an engine testing platform for A specific motor ,developed to supply another manufacturer,wich ultimatly got a v10 with partly Lamborghini dna.

17. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
  18. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Interesting, I did not know that was a test car but that is still big money if the test engine did not come with it.

19. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    41,000 kms? I think $220k high bid with 12% fees is retail money for the car. The car floated around for a while and my understanding the owner wanted $275k net to him. Looked like a very nice car but I felt the price was too high for the miles.

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  21. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  22. Diablo_4_Ever

Nov 9, 2004
    Netherlands
    Some auction results and estimates from a 2003 magazine I browsed through today. Just incredible to see how much Lamborghinis and classic cars in general have gone up in value over this short time. BTW The Christie's Miura is the Sinatra car.

Attached Files:

23. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I don’t see the miles holding countachs back. Look at Joes DD, has a ton of miles, expertly restored and if he sold it I’m sure he’d hit a record for a DD. Miles on vintage Lamborghinis are not like mileage on a TR.

I think what holds CT values back is the fact that to put one right (both mechanically and cosmetically) is very expensive to do correctly. It’s easy to run into a CT that needs 100k. And it’s taking a while for values to realizes this.
    20 years ago I spent almost twice on a restoration than the cost of my DD. I did it for myself before valued caught up. Joe and others did this with miuras

Eventually as cars were restored then values caught up. FI QVs are about worth it now to restore. I’m doing 2 right now. My bet is in time the values will catch up.

Right now great cars and cars that are essentially projects have a big value difference.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

S_AGATA and Michael Call like this.