Lamborghinis at auction | Page 44 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Dumb question, why is the mileage not mentioned anywhere?

2. DaniT

DaniT Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2015
    Czech Republic, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Daniel T.
    You are right the formulation "1.3.8 The car is water tight" is indicating that the cars were water tight when new.

A better formulation might be "1.3.8 water tightness tested with a result comparable to a new car"

3. Not dumb at all. The mileage is an important factor on the Anni when gauging what it might be worth.

4. DaniT

DaniT Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2015
    Czech Republic, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Daniel T.
    I try to define the ideal full restoration to create a base to discuss the restoration effort versus value topic objective. The final definition is at the end actually nothing else than an abstract description of a factory new car.

The real restoration is most likely never matching the ideal restoration. You are mentioning good reasons why it is very difficult if not impossible to perform the ideal restoration.

I am interested exactly in this "gap" between the ideal and the real restoration. I would like to understand what are accepted alternative methods and alteration from the ideal restoration with minimal affection to the value of the finished car.

My motivation is that I restore my four Lamborghinis at the moment and having a fifth car on lead. I want to perform the best possible job.

5. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    They list miles when they are low, but when they are high it is not listed...I do not know what the exact Miles/KMS are on the car.

But with buyers premium, (10%) it means someone thought it was valued at $286,000.00 and would have paid that had it been sold, but then add another $10-$12K to removed the USA bumpers, so we would be at $298K for a higher miles example.

6. Raclambo

Raclambo Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2014
    NY,FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Dumber question maybe ? Whats really consider a high mileage countach ? I have always been a firm believer in buying the overall condition of a car. (especially countachs) and not just mileage to speak of. I have seen plenty low,low mileage countachs that are not nearly as good or as nice condition say of 20k-30k mileage countach, would i be wrong here on this ?

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Nothing has changed AFAIK, I think the discussion of restored cars is taking place simply because a couple of nicely-restored examples have sold for strong numbers.

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    +1 When I was shopping for mine (before the massive value increase) the garage queens with low miles were a disappointment. The owners thought they were sitting on gold. Just a bunch of rich guys who did not have a clue. I passed on every one. I ended up with a 19K mile example that was in incredible condition and never looked back

9. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Are you in the process of fully restoring a Downdraft Countach?
    Do you mind sharing who's responsible for the work?

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Yes, and as soon as I can get some useful images and details together, I'll share all as I always do, in the appropriate thread.

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    JOE...As you stated in POST #1 in your DD Countach thread you started:

"The intent of this thread is to provide a resource for the QV DD, to the benefit of the car-community at large with useful information. I will do what I can in my spare time, and I invite all to participate with historical & technical information. We are all here to learn!

This thread has nothing to do with market values, is not being created to boost values, or sell cars. Its simply an enthusiast's resource, nothing more, nothing less. Besides, there are dedicated auction & values threads elsewhere.

I especially thought it essential for me to start a thread on these cars, because recently I have come upon some material that has never been published or shared anywhere, courtesy of some of the men behind the machine in Italy, all of whom have generously supported the effort to uncover the exclusive material.

I humbly propose this thread as a small resource for the Countach Downdraft.

Please enjoy."

I guess now we have the answer as to why it was started....let us know when you get ready to market it and the price....

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1087 joe sackey, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I shall accept the board members response to my posting in regards to Joe and offer an apology if it has come across as attacking.

For this Mr Joe Sackey, I apologize.

Lets all have a Happy Holiday Season

Roy Cats

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I appreciate your apology.

Its the right thing to do, and not just for me, but for the community, who've witnessed two years of continuous unprovoked attacks and attempts to discredit & misrepresent who I am, what I do, & how I do it.

There is a reason I never dignify your posts to me with any response, and that is simply because they have no merit, and these threads deserve to be without the exchanges that would ensue if I responded.

The fact that I have responded to this post, speaks for itself, as I appreciate all things that are positive.

Stop being concerned about me, I think we'll all be happier for that, I've been involved in the Lamborghini world for 4 decades, and I'm here to stay. The one-sided attacks do you no favors at all.

If these irrelevant & off-topic comments you aim at me cease permanently, then, this apology will be proven to be sincere, and everyone, myself included, will continue to appreciate that. It is not difficult for me to put the past in its place, and I will continue to be appreciative of a peaceful & positive atmosphere.

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #1090 joe sackey, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. lince

lince Karting

Sep 26, 2006
    Great news to all both of you keep the spirit next year both of your knowledges are appreciated. Have a happy holidays for you and all.

17. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes it is.

18. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Joe - Why couldn't you have stopped right there?

I've read plenty of the aforementioned squabbles here in the forum and you both have mud on your shoes. Roy swallowed hard an apologized like an adult. You took it as an opportunity to browbeat him. Geez. Just move on already please.

19. derekfc

derekfc Karting

Oct 28, 2014
    quick question:

do you guys think that s3 went at an appropriate price?
    do you think the newer cars will follow suit?
    what about the v8 cars of the era? is this their time to shine?

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Hey Rick, "like an adult" Ive ignored baiting & attacks for 2 years, without response.

Bottom line, I appreciate his apology, and have said so, but you don't get to tell me the way & manner I accept his apology, that's my prerogative. Sorry my way wasn't good enough for you.

Move on already please, we have, in my case, 2 years ago.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I think that the S3 went for the price it did because of a unique color, and an authentic restoration. It doesn't mean much has changed in the market.

22. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    I did take with a "grain of salt" your response. I just wanted to say sorry and move on...that's all nothing more nothing less...I even ignored your "in-correct" response here, NOW twice that you "have ignored baiting & attacks....".

To make it 100% CLEAR..you may have IGNORED and not responded HERE, BUT YOU have CERTAINLY called me, my son, my Daughter my office employees MULTIPLE times over the past years, as recently as a few weeks ago..and MADE foul worded comments and threats EACH time of coming up to Washington on a Plane and "Kicking my ass".

Your LAST call to my front receptionist, JILL, caused her to cry and go home early for the day..WHY..because she did not know you...and when you told her on the phone you where ON YOUR WAY from the airport to "Shut me up"..she took you literally and it scared her. Talking to her the way you did as well as threatening my SON and DAUGHTER on the phone was not only BS but it was un-called for and down right bad...they have nothing to do with you and me.

I am sure you also recall just a few weeks ago, when you called my cell, you started cursing at me, calling me everything you could in the book, made threats to come "kick my ass"...I did not hear the end of the call as I hung up on you...

NOW, if you are going to TRY and say this NEVER happened...keep in mind..all IN COMING calls are tracked and a record of each of them is here, I can also tell you that neither my son, daughter or staff have any issue in documenting these. Your last call to my cell was heard by SEVERAL non involved person's that HEARD every word you said on your last call to me. (if you recall I placed you on speaker, so as to have independent verification if I ever needed it).

Lets be clear, I DO NOT like you, YOU DO NOT like me...we each have our own reasons. I can guarantee you, as told to me many years ago by a Superior Court Judge when I was Police Officer..

"There are ALWAYS 3 sides to a story, yours, mine and the one in the middle that is most correct"

We are both at fault for starting this war and carry it on back and forth for the better part of a DECADE now. I HOWEVER have never involved your WIFE or YOUR CHILDREN in it..they have nothing to do with it and as such should NOT be involved as YOU should also not INVOLVE my family.

What I have learned in the last 10 years and as I approach my 60th Birthday....is that I am liked by some, not liked by others, same as you. It is no longer a popularity race here..we both have different business platforms, different buyers, different ways of doing things...and it appears that what you do works for you and what I do works for me.

With that said, I of late have come to the conclusion that I could care less what you do or don't do, what you say or don't say, correct or in-correct, truth or un-truthful...it really does not matter any longer...you DON'T put money in my pocket, we do not share meals together so there is no need for me to waste what little time I have left on this earth being negative with you. It is time to move forward in my years and smile, talk, eat, drink, travel and be happy with all I have done and have still to come and do and play with my Grandchildren now.

So with this, I again say to you SORRY for my part in this ridiculous NO ONE WINS back and forth...I have nothing more to say and I wish you and yours health and good will...and wait till the Grand kids arrive, its a WHOLE NEW worth while world...

Roy Cats

23. BBBBBBB

BBBBBBB Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2015
    Full Name:
    Ben
    OMG i think i am here in the wrong society. Therefore I will most probably stop posting in this forum. Sorry Roy to hear what happened.
    Ben

24. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    It was good for 24 hours, as expected!