Lamborghinis at auction | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Lamborghinis at auction

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by jollygood, Jan 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
  2. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    March 13 Gooding & Co
    Lot 25 1987 Countach 5000QV Est $425-475K
    1987 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV | Gooding & Company
    Lot 65 1975 Espada SIII Est $120-160K
    1973 Lamborghini Espada Series III | Gooding & Company

March 27-29 Auctions America
    Lot 433 1971 Jarama Est $170-200K 1st Jarama sold in U.S.
    Lot 436 1987 Countach 5000QV Est 350-400K
    Lot 486 1989 Countach Anniversary Est $375-425
    Lot 514 Jalpa Est $90 -110K
    Auctions America - Fort Lauderdale

May 2 RM Sothebys
    1990 Countach Anniversary No Reserve
    1990 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary | The Andrews Collection 2015 | RM Sotheby's

3. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

This Lamborghini Countach stole the show | Classic Driver Magazine

1983 Lamborghini Countach | Classic Driver Market

4. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
  5. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    #131 LNtoast, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

The 1983 Countach was a no sale at Bonhams Amelia Island today. Stopped at $380,000.
    Thoughts?

7. rmolke85

rmolke85 Formula Junior

Mar 11, 2013
    I would have pulled my car if they slotted me in for a Thursday mid day sale. Having said that, I think the $380K is on the money once you factor in fees, ect ect that buyer needs to pay. Thats a $400K+ car to get it home and on the streets. Seems very healthy to me.

I bet this sells post auction for similar amount. Auction house will need to cut their fees to make it work.

8. key03

key03 Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Chicago
    I can see where the net to the seller of $345k or whatever was not going to sell this car. It seemed like a really nice condition carbed example.

9. Scott Ales

Scott Ales Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Eustis, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Scott Ales
    No energy what so ever. No paddles or hands in the air, no internet or phone bidding either.

Very odd as compared to the majority of other Italian lots offered. As a 35 year auction person, it was frankly, dead.

10. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    I wonder if they'll try and run it through again on Friday or Saturday to see if there is more money to be found......

11. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    1 year ago , same auction, a Qv dd sold for 315$ (they where 120$ for 900 years) world was on fire, Valued today, in Joes est, 400/600$
    Today,one year later a 1983 2 valve carbed car was bid to 380 $ ,valued at 300/500$
    perhaps i am missing something, (please educate me) good solid climb in value,

12. It was a terrible time slot. As the owner of a similar 5000s, I'm good with the price. A nice steady climb. Actually I'm tickled pink that the thing is worth more than I paid for it. Originally, I thought that if I could own it and only lose 10k, that I would be winning. :)

13. MrOrganic

MrOrganic Karting

Jun 28, 2013
    Hermosa Beach,Ca
    Full Name:
    R
    you guys do not think this might be a hint that the super car collector market has peaked???

14. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'm not sure how you can interpret a successively lower number as a "climb".

Remember, speaking of LP500S, Sheikh Amari's Nero/Bianco LP500S set the high bar last summer, then a couple months ago, and car with significantly more miles than today's Bonhams Amelia LP500S actually sold for $390k 1983 Lamborghini Countach 5000S | Gooding & Company

I know it is understandably difficult for Countach owners to be unbiased so they interpret results in a reassuring way, but if you really pay attention to the numbers posted from January 2015 onwards, they paint a clear picture and speak for themselves.

Yet another auction result within the price range I suggested by the way, I think this is the 6th Countach to do so.

15. Take it car for car. Many of these were purchased as a flip recently for less. The 1983 sold for 350k a few months ago. Just before that it sold for significantly less, and so on.

16. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    Last year ,same place, a QV DD sold at 319 $ net,that exact car today acc to Joes value chart is 400-600$ ( aver500$) to me ,thats almost 200$ in gain over the last year,
    The 2 valve car sold at the auction yesterday is valued acc to Joes list,300-500$(avg400$) today. IOW 100$ avg less value than a avg QV DD. Meaning that a 2 valve car 1 year ago could be bought for 200$, aprox,( 1983 5000s sold in Greenwich june 2014 198$ not shure if carbed or us fi)
    Yesterday one person where willing to fork up 400$ incl misc fees for a similar car,that to me is a 200$ increase in the last year.
    I am aware of sudden peaks in sales here and there,during that same period,but all in all it has been a good year for Countach values as a whole. I Do agree with Joe on the status quo in the market,it has cooled off,perhaps this is the new established prices for a while,
    All good

17. The 83 is carbed. I'd agree that that the Countach market has cooled off some. Anything that becomes white hot is going to do that. I think the Epsada market has done the same. Now the Diablo market seems to be just starting with a tremendous run on the roadsters.

18. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

For the records: This DD 25th with sports seats, ZA9C005A0KLA12902 sold for €330.400

This 25th Anniversary Countach was produced in December 1989 and finished by the factory in Red with a champagne interior, just as it survives today. It was delivered new to its first owner in Monaco, which is an appropriate locale for such an eye-catching automobile, and it was optioned with factory-supplied sport seats via special order. The service book is stamped in 1991 from Vintage Automobile, Garage Melchiorre, the factory-authorised distributor for Monte Carlo and the original selling agency. Circa 1993, it was sold to its long-term German owner, who kept it stored on an upper floor of his private collection, which included many low-mileage original cars. With just under 8,000 original kilometres on its odometer, this car is surely one of the lowest-mileage examples extant, and it is in glorious condition, with no evidence of damage repair since new. Long-term storage concerns were recently rectified with a mechanical refreshment, which included a complete professional engine overhaul, and the Countach is reported to run well in all respects.

According to its owner, a well-known Lamborghini expert, it was shown recently to legendary Lamborghini test driver Valentino Balboni, who remarked that it was one of the most original and correct he could recall. It is offered complete with an original service manual, warranty card, leather pouch, and books.

The 25th Anniversary edition was perhaps the most memorable and widely recognised Countach, and it is fondly remembered by enthusiasts for not only its signature style but also the welcome updates that it brought to the 15-year-old Countach platform. The Countach is a styling icon of the 1980s, and it still commands attention and respect wherever it travels today. This pristine, low-mileage example surely won’t disappoint.

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    This is what happens when there is a boom. Then all the flipper try to get in on the action. Only to find out that collectors/buyers are having none of it. It may leave the flipper sweating a little. I know some flippers and they've been left pissed in a wtf situation.

20. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Buyers premium was 10%.

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I agree the market for Countachs has climbed, but apparently it peaked late last year, and the numbers in 2015 bear this out. Of course there will be a few late anomalies here & there, but overall, this is what I am seeing.

22. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

The Pearl White 1987 Countach Quattrovalvole was a NO sale at Gooding today at $360,000
    Estimate was $425,000 - $475,000
    Chassis: ZA9CA05A5HLA12188
    15231 km's on the clock.

1987 Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV | Gooding & Company

This handsome mid-production 5000 QV has enjoyed the care of just one owner through the majority of its existence, from 1987 to 2014. Reportedly purchased new in Canada, Mr. M. Glenn relocated this US-specification Countach to Florida in 1996, presumably due to either a change of residence or a summer home. From that point, the awe-inspiring supercar enjoyed the warmth of the Florida climate and was treated to routine maintenance.

Since acquisition by the current owner, this highly original Lamborghini has been treated to a full service. Furthermore, the consignor chose to remove the controversial American-specification rubber bumpers in favor of European-style bumpers, which preserve the presentation of Marcello Gandini’s celebrated design. The American bumpers have been retained with the car for the owner who might want to reinstall them for utmost authenticity.

This Lamborghini is also noteworthy for being one of the few 5000 QV examples optioned without a rear spoiler wing, and it is very possible that the car is the only wingless car finished in the Pearl White over Ivory leather. Reported by the consignor to run in “as-new” condition at the time of cataloguing, this striking Lamborghini is accompanied by books and tools, recent service records, and its US-market bumpers. It is a statement in 1980s supercar excess, a rare and arresting example of the zenith of the mighty Countach.

23. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    @ $360,000, here is another one that has fallen right in the middle of my estimates chart ("LP500QV FI - $250,000 to $450,000") and yet another number that underscores the 2015 trend I'm noting.

24. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    360$ + fee 396$ all inn,good strong steady nmbr on a US fi avg used car,( looks repainted) has there ever been a higher nmbr on a fi qv ?exept for the black Arizona car with 600 miles?