Lambos on Copart | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lambos on Copart

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 4re Nut, Aug 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm not a buyer, just a curious window shopper but hopefully your insight will help someone. :)

2. Champboat/Champcar

Champboat/Champcar Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .............................................................thats really messed up , bidding is up to $ 86K and someone is thinking the car is good and its probably a mess underneath , correction , it is a mess underneath , at least the dealer could have replaced anything bent, but they chose to do a Mickey Mouse repair to sell it on Copart , that sucks big time ! We can only hope that interested buyers will check out this website before buying .

3. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The body damage doesn't look so bad, just wondering about possible frame or suspension damage. The car appears to be sitting up fine on all four corners in the Copart photos. I sold my Corvette last week and need a project car for the summer. But I'd rather it not be a lengthy, overwhelming one. I'm going to try to look at it this week, if they will let me, while I'm out on the west coast. Sometimes Copart is funny about previewing vehicles. They really don't want you looking at anything that isn't on their next sale list. This one isn't expected until the 16th. :( But that doesn't mean I won't make an attempt ;) I did track down the previous owner, but he hasn't returned my call yet.

4. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  5. kzsport

kzsport Karting

Feb 23, 2008
    china
    Full Name:
    BRIAN
  6. rovingtravler

rovingtravler Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    If it is on coparts it is all ready owned by either the insurance company of the local salavage yard. You could call coparts and talk to them about it, but there is no private owner anymore.

7. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan

Nope That car is now owned by the insurance company as its being sold on coparts site. You can still buy it but not from the original owner.

8. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
  9. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    .........................................I thought $ 60 to 80 K for that one , you will find a good car to work on , it takes time .

10. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #112 4re Nut, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No rant, I'm glad to hear folks here are bidding on these things...I might learn a thing or two! :)

Hopefully you picked up this one and it helps ease your loss. ;) :D

12. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    i notice that every crashed Lamborghini on Copart now is a E-gear car , + i have noticed that in the past 90 % of the damaged cars are E-gear also , Are the drivers of these cars downshifting and locking up the rear wheels resulting in crashing and burning ? Will a e-gear auto lock up the rear wheels if you drop 1 gear too many? something is going on for sure !

13. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    The orange one needed much more work than $15k. The entire frame was pushed back on the drivers front side. The wheel was over an inch back. The car would probably pull to the left all its life unless you replaced the frame. I made this mistake with a lotus I purchased a few years ago.

14. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #116 4re Nut, Mar 5, 2012
    Yikes: https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=0&itemID=12054050

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Champboat/Champcar

Jan 29, 2007
    Freeport NY
    Full Name:
    Eric T
    ................................................................................................................................... the Lamborghini frame i think on that car is square and rectangle tubeing, its alot of work but can be fixed and you could never tell it was repaired and you can get a perfect alignment , ( just heating and pulling it is not the way to go IMO ) on the other hand some Lotus `s have a frame that runs down the middle of the car and branches off , if the main frame is bent then you have a problem .

16. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #118 4re Nut, Mar 6, 2012
  17. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #120 4re Nut, Mar 13, 2012
    https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=0&itemID=12430362

I Googled the VIN and came across this: http://www.lp112.com/Lamborghini/Detail.asp?Model=Diablo&Version=VT&offset=-1&ChassisNumber=ZA9DU01B9XLA12266

Pics below are from the IAAI link (more at link):

18. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
  19. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #122 4re Nut, Mar 29, 2012
  20. Dodici Cilindri

Dodici Cilindri Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    At least the air bags aren't blown. But heaven knows what kind of suspension/frame damage you may encounter.

21. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

Wonder if this 99 Diablo VT is being parted out? Info anyone?
    I am looking for some spares:

Door LH
    (Door RH maybe)
    Window LH door
    Window RH door
    Seats
    Mirror left
    SV/GT wheels
    SV/GT/SVR rear wing
    GT/VT front headlights
    GT front park/turn lights
    GT front fog lights

Probably need a lot of other bits and pieces as well.

22. trans78

trans78 Rookie

Apr 3, 2012
    #125 trans78, Apr 3, 2012
    Hello, This was car was at copart a couple weeks ago and a friend of mine was able to buy it from the owner before it went to auction and thus it was removed from the copart auction. he is offering me the car so Im looking at buying a 2004 G with 15k miles. it currently has a salvage title due to a tree falling on it. it didn't cause any damage to the front of the car, but it did dent the rear quarters in 3 spots. that damage will mainly take labor to repair, and i know the person who has the car. the rest of it is mint and there is no damage on the underside of the car. i guess they made it a salvage title and did an insurance buy back on it and then sold the car because the prior owner was in debt and needed the money and had a friend who was willing to buy it. i did run a car fax on it and it clearly states that this car was in an accident but wasn't a collision with another vehicle. Regardless, i know for a fact that the only damage on this car is only to the rear quarters. what my question is, what do you think this car is worth? fyi, in the pics the paint looks dirty all over the car, but i asure you its not. ive seen current and clean pictures of the car and its very nice. i would just like to know what a good price would be on it? i want to know if i am paying to much or getting a deal?

vin# ZHWGU11S14LA00595