Lambos on Copart | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Lambos on Copart

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 4re Nut, Aug 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradjohnston

Bradjohnston Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2011
    I think if you are going to buy a salvage title car, it needs to be at 50% of the value of a non salvage titled car or less to make it attractive, and thats for a car that is fixed and ready to go.

2. trans78

trans78 Rookie

Apr 3, 2012
    Clearly you have no knowlede of salvage titles. i buy and sell salvage titles everday and the price depends on the type of car that it is. you will not find a fact out there that salvage titles are only worth 50% because its not a fact. if a repaired car was always worth 50% then why on earth would anyone ever buy a clean title when they can save half the money up front? im looking for someone who knows what they are talking about.

3. Falta125

Falta125 Karting

Mar 11, 2012
    Carfax pretty much killed rebuiding salvage. There's no way to wipe out the history of damage /salvage no matter how well it's repaired, the carfax history will haunt it and it's value will always be lower because of that fact. Don't believe me? buy a salvage title car and find out! It's a shame because a lot of rebuilt car are done right.

4. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Welcome to FChat. :)

Your first post comes across as an ad in disguise and that is understandably frowned upon and your post might be deleted. Silver subscribed members (only $15/yr) can post an ad in the ad section.

Uncool tone there. If you do this everyday why do you need our help? First Lambo?

5. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Well then you're paying more than the $48k I was going to say based on my professional estimate.
    Better to look at early Diablos and you get a V-12 to boot!

6. Quick answer: Full retail on a repaired salvage car, is usually whatever loan or wholesale was on a non salvage vehicle. That's if your selling. If your buying, even less. But that's a secret so don't tell anyone.

A word to the wise, the damage is almost always more than what is ever repaired. If you ever go to an insurance salvage lot, you will see a giant tractor acting as a forklift to pick and move the cars. Look for forklift damage underneath.

7. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  8. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    Sent you a PM, I am interested in the Gallardo, I was top bidder on copart before the auction was removed. I am familiar with the car.

9. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell
    Black '04 Gallardo with a story... your first question should be "does this car have 15 credit cards in its past, but no alarm clocks??

10. cgperry

cgperry Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Chas SC
    Full Name:
    Charles Perry
    It seems Monterey Blue is disproportionately represented on this list. A very rare color but at least three cars above are painted in it. Hmm...

11. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Isn't it true that most insurance companies will not insure a car with a salvage title?

12. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, but if you learn about how your state handles Salvage titled Vehicles most states inspect a salvage car after ALL repairs have been completed and then determine if it is road worthy. Then they are given a new title. Like michigan states on the new clean title

"previous salvage titled issued"

So you know that it had been salvaged at one point.
    But a salvage title means different things in different states and can cover a theft recovery to a complete burned out wreck.

Its a game you need to learn but know this salvage vehicles sell mainly for the parts not to be fixed and put on the road.

13. smglop

smglop Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2005
    Thanks

14. Dodici Cilindri

Dodici Cilindri Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Great Plains
    With both air bags blown, there is going to be more than cosmetic damage. One wonders just how far the frame has been tweaked.

15. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
  16. Rod361

Rod361 Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2011
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    G Rod
    This is listed on eBay right now with no reserve set...is this your friend trying to sell it? Hmmm....

17. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
  18. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Proof that a scratched Lambo isn't worth a damn! :D

But seriously, I suspect it has prior more serious damage that was repaired b/c the "primary damage" is listed as "damage history". However, this is a guess/hunch on my part and I don't know for sure.