Lancia Montecarlo | FerrariChat

Lancia Montecarlo

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by decardona, Jan 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    I am looking to purchase a Lancia Montecarlo. Don't know how many made it to the US, but I have seen two. Both not for sale. Anyone know where the best place to look would be? All help greatly appreciated.

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I believe the official figure was 1801 Scorpions imported to the USA, and some of the new ones took two or three years to sell ("buy a new Scorpion and we'll throw in a new 128 sedan" - seriously!).

3. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
    Scorpions I can find. Really looking for the Montecarlo. I know it's a hard ask, but I'm hoping.

4. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Huh? Mind sharing the differences?

As far as I know they both have the 1.8 or 2.0l lampredi engine. Same body's other then the headlights I think. Mc=Europe; scorpion=North America.

5. AbarthDave1

AbarthDave1 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2015
    Marietta
    Scorpion name in NA because GM owned the Montecarlo name. I had a 76. Had a 2.0 Lancia FI engine put in it. That did the trick. Pininfarina styled the body as well as the bow tie rims, steering wheel and I believe the seats. Of course, the Euro cars had the small bumpers and plaid interior. I would suggest you find a Scorpion here and do a few conversions to make it a Montecarlo. Montehospital can help you with that: http://montehospital.com/shop/

Dave

6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #6 TheMayor, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  7. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There is, keep digging on here you'll find him. I drooled over these at the time but Beta Coupes were cheaper and I really didn't fit. Still don't :(

Yeah I think a made into Monte Carlo with the right parts and performance engine would be the best. But finding one WO a trashed or terribly redone interior is going to be tough. Those interiors were very fragile. These cars needed fetting even when new but today that's not a mystery. There are all sorts of websites to help out. Fun project. Good luck.

8. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    I have an exceptionally restored - titled as a '75 Scorpion. The former 'Tom Matano' car - he was the restorer. Looking to reduce the number of cars in my collection. Would sell, price is fair considering everything was done, paint, interior, mechanicals, etc. I am presently away, so some patience would be required, might be worth the wait to you!

Re: fchat member...I'm pretty sure you are referring to Mike Tuason - has a bunch of cars and tons of experience with these. Super helpful and friendly as well.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    There you go! That looks very Montecarlo and it has the glass flying buttresses of a 77 too!

10. decardona

decardona Formula 3

Apr 23, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dennis Cardona
  11. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
  12. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    ask mike tuason on fchat... he had a bunch scorps and maybe a MC. i know a fellow when he lived in orange county and had one of the factory 3 "mexico" publicity euro MC.

13. Rory J

Rory J Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 30, 2006
    The one in my avatar may be for sale, but it's a Scorpion like most you'll find in the U.S.