Lancia Scorpion Pics and discussion | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lancia Scorpion Pics and discussion

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by BLUROAD, Sep 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #76 kiesan, Feb 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, if anyone is listening, I dragged this little guy home today. Now the decision to restore her...

<or>

Wash car, take pics and post on eBay with no reserve and first bid $1.

One family ownership history. Always parked inside and never wacked, repaired or modified. Rusty vent openings in the luggage boot bonnet vent holes but none anywhere else. Ratty seats separated at seams. Complete with both sets of keys and manuals. Today was the first day that the car had been outside since 1997 when it was put away (running normally) and never driven again. 62k on the clock.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

miketuason likes this.
  2. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Restore!

3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Need Parts?

4. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    Please don't tempt me. Currently I have a 928S4 daily driver that I restored over the last year and have a few more things to do. A '74 BMW 2002 just arrived (very few needs... whew!) and I am also about to pull the trigger on a 62k mile '88 Commemorative Edition Carrera that needs a clutch and brakes. Oh and I have a 1-man used motorcycle store that usually has 15 to 20 bikes to occupy me when I'm not playing around with 4-wheeled orphans.

If I start in on the Scorpion I may not be heard from again until 2009.

5. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    I might. If not me I'm sure the next guy will. Got a decent set of red seats? Is there any such thing as a spare unrusty luggage lid?

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #81 Gatorrari, Feb 21, 2008
  7. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #82 kiesan, Feb 25, 2008
  8. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    #83 kiesan, Feb 26, 2008
  9. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I think you got a good price for it, especially as it needs some reconditioning. A few years ago, I was not able to get that much for one which was in comparable exterior condition, better interior condition, and running/driving fine. :)

10. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #85 eulk328, Feb 27, 2008
  11. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
    Do you like symmetry ?

I see you added a 2nd rear fog light not normally there : )

I have a Scorpion and a Montecarlo S2 but no time capsule.

Chuck

P.S. your car (I assume) looks nice !

12. chp

chp Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    @ Erich:

More pics please! Seitenansicht?

Any performance data?

13. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #88 miketuason, Feb 27, 2008
  14. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #89 eulk328, Feb 28, 2008
  15. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683

Thanks Chuck.

Yeah, I like symmetry sometimes semitemos yrtemmys ekil I ,haeY

Also added a second mirror which I think balances the looks more and of course is useful in real world driving.

Do you notice a big difference between the Scorpion and Montecarlo when driving? I would guess yes but.... I think you bought the Monte in Milano? or with Milano plates??

Erich

16. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683
    #91 eulk328, Feb 28, 2008
  17. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes indeed:)

18. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    And you have two AC-Hydraulic jacks, so you can work on them both at the same time....

19. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683

Excellent eye! :) I've also got four of their jackstands, the beam extender and the 100mm lift extension. Good stuff.

20. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
    I finally found a second mirror and glass too but not on the car yet.

My car came from Milan, yes some pics have been posted with the Italian plates. The previous owner had put twin DCOEs and uprated cams so I am very happy with the performance. I also have the CSC but was contemplating going back to the ANSA quad tips simply for looks. The car had one when I got it but it was already too rotted out and I bought the CSC before finding another ANSA later.

I have not driven the Scorpion yet except around the yard. I originally bought it to do an 037 project but too many projects and too little time. That's also where my Thema 8.32 (Ferrari 308qv-like) engine was to go.

I do like your 037-like seats !

Ciao
    Chuck

21. eulk328

eulk328 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2005
    Full Name:
    F683

Certainly the quad tips look better but quality of Ansa (I had one on mine) does not seem too great (rust) and it is pretty heavy. It's a shame CSC didn't make theirs at least a dual tip.

As much as I like the concept of the 8.32 engine in the car (I know that at least one person has done it) I think lightening the car and working the original engine is a better route. No doubt much less work, complication and a better way to maintain original weight distribution etc. Even a small v-6 seems to make more sense (not sure how small/light the Alfa v-6 is though). Also, while I'm certain the 8.32 engine sounds decent it does not have the "flat" crankshaft found in the normal Ferrari version of the engine and that adds a lot of the characteristic Ferrari sound.

While in Italy, near Livorno, I went to a car restoration place up on a hill. I saw a Fiat-Abarth 500 with seats in the exact material and color scheme as in my photo. I met the guy that did it, gave him my seat cushions and said "I want them to look just like the one in the Fiat 500." Don't remember the cost exactly but it was not too bad. Of course that was probably 12~15 years ago before the U.S. Dollar became completely useless. The upside is the seats are the originals. The downside is the originals are way heavy and that would be a good place to help the car lose some weight/gain a little performance. Anyway, my car is a Series II and the seats were Beige cloth. Looked good when the car was the original gold color but not so good when it was red and they did not like to stay clean ;-(

22. cstorry

cstorry Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Chuck Storry
    I agree completely on not putting the 8.32 engine in a stock configuration Montecarlo. I would only try it in a space frame replica of the 037 and in-line (though I know that was not the original 8.32 configuration in the Thema).

We'll see !

Personally I also like modding the original engine - I don't call my personal website forzavx for nothing : )

Chuck

23. upnatum

upnatum Rookie

Mar 11, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Carl Helmetag
    I purchased this one. Had a Beta Coupe years ago and decided to re-live the good times. The Scorp is being sorted out but seems ok. Had to get new starter, fuel pump and roof strips. Will be driving her as is for the sumemr and then in the winter get the seats re-done.

24. julian_blk348

julian_blk348 Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I'm waiting for someone to buy my Delorean so I can get a Scorp. You guys are killing me with all the pics

25. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004

wow the stance looks wicked! that one great looking MC. I wish they had offer the coupe in the states.

what offset are those 8x16 compomotives and size of tires you running? i had some 10x15 autodelta campys that look like my 7x15 ronals which vaguely look like on piece 037 wheels that i was gonna use in the rear before i sold my scorpions.

thanks for posting the images