Las Vegas Concours in October at MacDonald Highlands | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Las Vegas Concours in October at MacDonald Highlands

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TeamF1Jr, Jul 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I can only assume they will have another one, nobody mentioned otherwise. I guess it's a wait and see. We've been told many where happy about it who attended purely as a spectator. Todd you seem to be one of them.

Of course there's the business case. I don't know how accurate that 3000 tickets sold rumor I heard earlier, but I didn't think there were 3000 there, but others said they think there were. It all depended what time you were there. I heard another rumor that the ticket amount was short of expectations, but not significantly though. Don't know if the sponsors found it worthwhile. I had access to see a lot of dropped balls behind the scenes. Granted a big event like this will have those the first year. It's an event where fires constantly pop up. You kill one and another one starts. As a volunteer who went all over, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying we all discovered where the weak points were. Not just from a volunteer perspective but from the car owners too. I won't go through them here, but they gave all of us a voice to express our opinions post event, so hopefully things that were missed will be all cleaned up next year. Of course if you just went to the show as a spectator, all seemed well and fun as it should be. Another factor is how the residents felt about it. That's an unknown, if it's going to stay there. Certainly I want to go and volunteer next year. The car owners were absolutely fantastic. I learned a lot especially about Ferrari Classiche that I wouldn't probably heard before. Just cool behind the scenes stuff of those who play ball at that level.

ToddMick likes this.
  2. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Just saw they are doing it the same weekend in 2020! Woo hoo!

Zeus 1 likes this.
  3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Is there a mailing list / contact person. I plan to attend this year. Thanks, keith

4. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    https://lasvegasconcours.com/

There's a phone number on that site if wish to make a call.

Word on the street is the guy who ran it last year is out for this year. Can't really blame him, it's more fun attending than putting out fires all day and missing the whole show. He is a great guy, so he'll be missed.

5. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    Can’t image the nightmare trying to pull this off. Especially, in the first few years where you don’t have a complete feel for it.

Cannot wait until I get my 1930’s Rolls to take it! Lol