LAS VEGAS DINING | Page 8 | FerrariChat

LAS VEGAS DINING

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Steelton Keith, Oct 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Can't say that I have ever had a breakfast taco before. Sorry I can't be of help there.

2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    i may be wrong but I don't recall street vendor/ taco trucks anywhere near the strip...not welcomed.

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    There is one (Mexican food truck) at the corner of Vegas BLVD/Sahara, just before you get to the Stratosphere.
    Always busy so it must be good.

4. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I can recommend a good place for "New Mexican" food (off the strip.) I am so glad there is a place out here that understands what that is and that Green Chile comes from Hatch, NM. Being a NM native I don't have to miss out on my favorite foods!

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Does the taco joint near the Wynn do breakfast? Wife and I had tacos there, and it was good. Can't recall the name. Assuming, of course, it's still in business. It's been about four or so years since we ate there.
    T

6. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    You're probably thinking of Tacos El Gordo, I don't believe they do breakfast related tacos, just beef tongue, guts, pork.....etc.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yes, that sounds like the right name!
    Thanks.
    T

8. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Is that Chile Addiction you go to? I'm not a New Mexico native but drive through and eat there at least 6 times a year. Chile Addiction is the closest I got to the same depth of flavor in their sauces, but still looking for something more if it's out there.

9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Chile Addiction is as close as it gets here in the Vegas area, there is also Clarlitos but the Chile Addiction is better. I drive from the Boyd Stadium area to go to the Chile Addiction. Its a haul but I do it every Sunday that I am in town for breakfast.

10. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Love Hatch NM Chile. We lived in Santa Fe. for a year and a half. Most non-indigenous people who live in Santa Fe are quite odd ;). The other parts of the state are completely different from Santa Fe. In Houston, it is easy to find the fresh Hatch Chile. Central Market brings in the product around the third week of August each year. If you prefer, it is roasted on the spot. Some other local supermarkets also have the product, at the same time.

Wife is not thrilled about Hash House Go-Go. She does not like to try new places often. We dined at the Cheesecake Factory - twice - and had the same exact food. The Del Taco egg and cheese burritos were good :). Wednesday morning we will go to the Wynn buffet.

11. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    So when is the divorce?? :D

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Naughty! A good woman is much harder to find than a good Ferrari. If it takes going to chain restaurants in Vegas to preserve the peace, so be it.
    T

13. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    What was worse were the Las Vegas outposts of the original institutions. Many of them were opened n the book years 2004,5. Like The Commander's Palace and Smith and Wollensky versions of their famous counterparts. Ermeril's DelMonico worked out okay if you have the appetite of a T-Rex. but most were dismal.

14. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    now that I think of it Jaleo is another exception, but the LV version in Cosmo is threatened by its own success. Of course, I keep Le Cirque in a special category.

15. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    How did you like it? That's the one of the few buffets in Vegas I will go to. I will admit I have only tried a few. Mostly because the in-laws love buffets. As I recall the sea food one at the Rio wasn't bad. Other than that I can't remember any I would go back to.

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Wynn Buffet is good but it's crowded every day. If you're a VIP member you get seated first. Others wait.

And, there's a lot of VIP members.

Cost is also really high IMO.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Bacchanal Buffet at Caesar's is the same. Loyalty card holders get first crack, otherwise, line is insane. I didn't think it was worth the upcharge nor did it live up to the hype. For the price, I'd rather do Secret Pizza at Cosmo or graze at the VIP lounge...T

18. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    We did not go this time. I have been three times in the past. I like the buffet and it is tasty. Gordon Ramsey's Fish and Chips was good and reasonable. It is located close to the Ferris wheel 'Off the Strip.' I asked the patrons before we walked in and it was recommended by several people. Don't have more than one basket. Approximately $14.95 for a basket. The Irish Bar (don't remember the name) between Mandalay Bay and The Excalibur has good Fish and Chips.

I will order an entire pie the next time we go to the Hidden Pizza Place. After four slices the price is about the same.

19. ralfabco

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    #194 ralfabco, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    After twenty five years, you develop some ability to know the other person's thoughts without asking :). She is not keen to try new resteraunts. Why fix what ain't broken ? At home the food is awesome and different. The lady was born overseas. On the road the food is predictable. We tried one (1) new place after spending a week in-town. No doubt we will return to the Cheesecake Factory - our local place - obviously. She even noticed the CKF at the shopping outlet. We had lunch at that location about a year ago. At least you don't have to walk past all the folks recording the show on top of the round aquarium. Do they really watch the show when they return home. Oh well.

20. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Yea just busting your balls man :D There's a Cheesecake Factory not too far from me and it's always packed, which is odd considering the sheer quantity of amazing restaurants around it. You see the same thing on the strip or in Times Square, where there are dozens of amazing places within several blocks in any direction, but the Applebee's has a wait list. Different strokes I guess!

So I'm headed out to Vegas again in a couple of weeks and it turns out Aria is sold out for a few of the nights, so I'm crashing at Bellagio for the first time. From this thread it sounds like they have some of the best eating options around so I'm looking forward to seeing what's up.

21. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Robin PM me. My wife and I have been Bellagio regulars for many years. If you can, book their Penthouse Premiere Fountainview Suites. You won't regret it.

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Robin...Le Cirque, pricy but worth it. The white truffle menu, if available, is pricier but still worth it.

Keith can tell you which tables have optimal view of the fountains.

T

23. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tom C. you are a good man despite your Cowboys affection. Le Cirque's white truffle risotto was the single best dish I've had (both times) in the past year in any restaurant.

24. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Le Cirque has been on my list of places to try for a long time so that's definitely happening. The only place I've eaten there so far is Lago, which was quite good. I think winter is white truffle season but I'll keep an eye out for the risotto just in case. Thanks for the suggestions!

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Sounds right, we were there in December IIRC.

I've also read that Picasso is excellent. No personal knowledge though.

BTW, we went with one of the earliest dinner seatings they had. When we started, only a few folks were dining, probably pre-show crowd, and it was nice to have all that great service more or less undiluted.

Final piece of free advice, if the beet veloute is on the menu. Skip it! It was good, not great.

T