Las Vegas Run March 2-5! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Las Vegas Run March 2-5!

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Tipo815, Jan 19, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm driving. I may have to get out to stretch, but no worries.

2. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm
    I have been asked if I am taking my RIG out, and I am driving my 360 on this trip, but if you can get 3 peoople that want to have the cars hauled out, then I will work a deal on my rig to take em.. (It will be in OC as I am driving it out to bring my 360's out...

-a

3. TrophySophy

TrophySophy Karting

Oct 5, 2005
    Orange County, CA

4. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Just drive fast...you'll arrive at your destination quicker, and spend less time in the uncomfortable seat! Tim

5. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    If everyone hauls their car to L.V., it won't be much of a run up there? I know there are some great drives planned, but didn't somebody once say the fun is in the getting there?

6. awhite

awhite Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 13, 2005
    still here
    Full Name:
    hmmmm

7. TrophySophy

TrophySophy Karting

Oct 5, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    It might be that our next event would be a group trip to a Traffic school... That would some picture ..:)

<I know there are some great drives planned, but didn't somebody once say the fun is in the getting there?>
    It might be if you don't have a passenger like myself... LOL

Plus, we seem to have a plenty of short distance group drives on nicely done roads here, in OC..:)

8. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just come! If you need a passenger Im sure there are plenty of volunteers, just ask! Are you the blond in Newport with the Stradale they always talk about?

Most everyone is driving. I know I will in my spider, hopefully no rain!
    MM

9. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I drove with Tim last time. He is definately a pacesetter!

10. bkmberg

bkmberg Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frances

maybe on the way back as Sunday traffic might be bad... I might be wishing I had F1...

11. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm thinking of a pretty early start home on Sunday to avoid as much traffic as possible. I left the Italiano Concourso in Monterey early and hit no traffic on the way home.

12. TrophySophy

TrophySophy Karting

Oct 5, 2005
    Orange County, CA
    Oh no...... I am that passenger...LOL (but don't think that I am the same blond you mentioned - might be Jen).

Richard encouraged me to drive it and I tried.. twice... first time it was jumping on me in the first gear right in the middle of the street, second time we were the slowest car on the road ... with everyone passing ... on a 40 mph road ...lol Plus, I one of those drivers that can make themselves motion sick!

The baby is too powerful for me to handle, so I voluntarily decided to reside from driving attempts to save myself from public embarrassment ... for now.

We might need to check into F rentals in Vegas... Anyone tried it? Or is it too much?

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    As of now EVERYONE with the exception of myself are driving up on Thursday morning. I am planning to tow my car up on Wed. to make sure everything is set for us. That means there will be 15 to 20 cars on the run up there (which is a major part of the fun).

A few people who are interested but do not wish to drive (including Lili/Richard - Baby's Mama) have not confirmed participation since they wish to have their car towed and will likely not attend if that does not happen. I know a few other people WOULD attend if they could have their cars towed which would only add to the head count. For now everyone is scheduled to drive.

Departure will likely be 8:30 to 9am on Sunday morning to avoid traffic.

14. 1Turbo

1Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 26, 2005
    LA$ VEGA$
    Full Name:
    Jimmy K

FYI: If you are taking I-15 South on Sunday, you will hit Traffic.This is from a Former SoCal resident.Be Patient,take your time & Listen to the wail of your Ferrari Engine !!!

Enjoy your Stay,Have some Fun & Deposit some $$$ in our Local Economy.

15. motion

motion Formula Junior

May 4, 2005
    At the track
    Full Name:
    Motion
    Hey JC,

Sorry to be such a wuss - but just not willing to put the rock chips in my car. I'll know within the next couple days if a trailer/transport will work out for us. If not, we'll have to skip this one.

16. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I think all 3 of those suggestions are a certainty.

17. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Jeffrey,

Will there be time after drives for a little spa visit? I think I'll need to visit the spa for a massage to relax the shoulders after the drives.

18. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Absolutely! That is the plan. Morning drives - 8:30am to Noon or so followed by lunch and the afternoon free. Depending on the day there might be an afternoon activity. But only one of the two days - either Fri. or Sat.

19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Understood. At least you're making the effort. Alot of people wouldn't even bother. They're going to miss out on a great opportunity to drive their cars the way Enzo intended them to be driven!

20. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Here's my advice for Vegas, true lots of construction trucks dropping rocks on the main freeways in town here I 93/95 and I 15, stay off them when in town and take the side roads and you'll have no chip problems, out of the city limits the trucks don't run.

When I have gone to S Cali I have taken a side road highway that goes through Amboy and a historic rail road town which is a State Park and it dumps out at 29 Palms then to the main highways I 40? so you avoid all the traffic to and from Vegas and its an empty fun 2 lane road, it exits right at the Nipton exit about 8 miles from Primm Nevada on I 15.

There are several good roads to run here, Lake Mead/Valley of Fire of course back to Boulder City and the Hoover Dam which I would only drive at night as daytime its too crowded then out to Nelson which is a cool town, Paharump out to Death Valley through Shoshone Ca, Good Springs also.

21. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Jeffrey,

Any interest in listing the names and/or cars that will be participating? Tim

22. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Well, if I can't find a transport ride for my 360, then I guess I'll just have to drive it out with all the other F-car maniacs. No way I'm missing this event!!!

However, if I can find a transport ride, then I'll be driving my 996 out with the group. You really do need a Porsche in the group to make the F-cars stand out a little more, otherwise people may not notice them :)

23. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Tim - There are currently 18 cars signed up of which 16 are Ferraris. The other two are a Dodge Viper ACR and a Lamborghini Gallardo. I would like to keep the group at 20 cars.

24. markymark360f1

markymark360f1 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Dont wimp out Thomas! Drive your car dude!
    I will, I was tempted to trailer, but oh well.
    MM

25. Sportscarnut

Sportscarnut Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Ok, I'm definitely going to drive my F-car with the group, should be great fun.

Also, for anyone taking the northern route to the I-15 (e.g. 101 to 134 to 210) and wants to avoid dropping down to Ontario for the meet up.

I'm coordinating with Jeffrey to identify a last/final meeting place along I-15 before we head up and over the Cajon pass (probably the 138 Cajon Junction / Silverwood Lake exit - just past the 215 and 15 merge).

More details will follow.