Last chance to subscribe before avatars and profile pics are removed... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Last chance to subscribe before avatars and profile pics are removed...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thanks for the FYI, I'll look into it.

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Rob -

You put up with a lot of crap -- I applaud your efforts, and I'm proud to have been one of the early Rossa subscribers. The value I get from the Fchat community far exceeds the price of admission.

I'm stayin' and payin'

-Daniel

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rob, when my Full Access Rossa Subscription comes up on expiration, will you renew it for me, or am i gonna have to pay this time...? :)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    You're going to pay double for what you've put me through. ;)

<everyone, it's an ongoing joke for Carbon, if I haven't given Jennie and my mom a subscription, then I haven't given any away.>

5. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    Its the small picture next to your name when you post...hope you were joking.:)

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, you funny guy, you...

Hey, man, tell them whatever you want, as long as i don't have to pay... Thanks, buddy; i appreciate it... :)

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like i have got to pull my finger out!
    What would you guys recommend? Rossa or Silver? I know Rob would say Rossa due to more funds fot him!! LOL
    How much discussion goes on in the Rossa threads? Is it mainly owners in there?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I actually tell people Silver for the most part. Rossa is great for those that aren't price sensitive, feel like they want to contribute a little more, and can't resist not knowing the worthless conversations going on in the Rossa forum and chat. ;)

Honestly, if I was paying, I would be a Rossa type, but I'm also crazy. I subscribe to about every Ferrari mag and club I can. For most, Silver is the way to go, less than the typical mag subscription. 60% of our subscribed users are Silver.

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Silver it is!!

10. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I think I've finally broken down, I'll head out to the bank and send out a US money order. Silver. Unless I can just send cash?

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Last week, I sold a couple hundred bucks worth of of useless stuff on Ebay, and when I did the deposit into my checking, I just left $15.00 in PayPal, and used that for F-Chat. It was profit anyway, so I'll never miss it!

12. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    LOL! There are psychiatrists who can help with these mental hangups. ;)

So, if you walk into a bar where a bunch of us are sitting around... and Rob welcomes you and buys you a drink. Then the bartender comes over and Rob orders a round of drinks for all of us... he's such a nice guy. And then a while later, as our glasses near empty, the bartender comes over, but Rob doesn't offer to pay... you're going to complain to Rob that you've "always had a problem paying for something that you used to get for free" and so you're not going to drink any more drinks. Your loss.

Free your mind, young padwan... the subscription fee is a bargain if you look at the value received. ;)

13. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Hmmm... that sounds kinda rude. Let me see if I got this right...

I give a lot of money to a lot of charities. Soooo,
    when I go into a restaurant and they bring me the bill for
    the meal, I should be able to insist that they NOT charge
    me for the services they provided because that's just coming
    out of money I would otherwise give to needy causes?
    Hmmmm.... I surely shouldn't have to tip waiters... sheesh,
    there's much more worthy causes than them!

I've always believed in paying people for what their services
    are worth to me. If you are asserting F-Chat is not worth the
    puny Silver Subscription price, then fine... don't pay... but
    don't complain. Its not like F-Chat can be provided at no
    cost and with no effort.

14. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    Pretty close, but I think it's more like this:

So, if you walk into a bar where a bunch of us are sitting around... and Rob welcomes you and buys you a drink. The waitress comes over, and Rob gives her the "he's one of us" salute and insists you order whatever you want, say, a Corona. Lots of other cool guys are around, you can't believe how many cool friends Rob has with the passion for Fcars that you have. They're all living it up on Rob's tab, that's just the way it has been for the last couple of years, and Rob is cool with it, he gets as much out of the giving as we get out of the getting, work is play, play is work, gets a few bones thrown his way for his efforts to cover some of the costs, it doesn't make great sense but isn't breaking the bank . . . Then the bartender comes over and Rob orders a round of drinks for all of us... he's such a nice guy. And then a while later, as our glasses near empty, the bartender comes over for another round, but Rob realizes that there are now a lot more friends living it up now, and good god this is getting expensive, and he *still* offers to pay, but says, hey, there are so many people here and running this party is becoming quite a job, Jenny would sure appreciate it if you'd either chip in a few bucks, and if you don't feel like it, please partake of the cheap/free stuff, but in any event you're more than welcome to hang out and participate in what ever way that makes you comfortable.

If you'd complain about *that*, well, your loss.

15. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Rob- Did any date of subscription info get saved such that we could have "Rosso Subscribed - #17" or whatever next to our names? That's be a neat thing I'd think.

PS: thanks for that free subscription! Carbon and I are going to Cabo next on your AMEX. Hope you don't mind.

16. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    The price of admission is chump change compared to what i've gotten from lurking here for the last year and a half. A fellow could spend thousands in books, travel or learning the hard way to find even half of the info discussed here. The discussion on oil viscosity in the tech section alone is worth half of it. With the tech Q&A and the Classic section, this forum is absolutely worth it's weight in gold & i'm more than happy to kick in for a subscription to Mr. Lay and make it worth his while.

17. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Great idea... F-chat VIN numbers!

18. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Been putting it off for ages... I definately don't want to lose the Schumi smoking a cigar pic from my posts, so I'll go ahead and sign up within the next 24 hours! 5 year membership sounds good. :)

19. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    :) just subscribed...now i have to think about an avatar! When does the chat room come up Rob?

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Heck, I've had people pay me cash out of their pocket at local Ferrari events. Cash at your own risk.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Well, I have dates in the Db of when everyone subscribed, not sure if that resets when time to renew.

I also have your registration number, but useless since most of the old timers were on the old board and everyone switched when we turned that one down at once.

Closest is the registration date listed on your post headers. I went back and manually updated about a 1,000 from the old board, if requested.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ASAP - After a 3 month analysis I have chosen the software and the best way to integrate with FC. My 1st priority today is a couple final interviews, so wish me skills. 2nd priority is the chat.

23. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Rob, if you are going to set up a real chat, think about the people behind company firewalls. I don't know if there is a chat software which uses the common ports, but there will be many blocked users when the chat requires any exotic port.

my 2c ;)

24. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Dear Rob,

Please cancel my subscription and pro-rate a refund for me. You can round off the refund to the nearest whole dollar.

Since I've been a member of this site (two days after I paid for a car I'd never seen), I've received NO guidance on dealing with a broken car, had NO advice on where to buy cheaper parts, and made NO friends. This site has NO value to me. Oh wait, that's all wrong.

Never mind.

Jim

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good point, not sure how this will work. It might vary from firewall to firewall too. We'll get the current software up and then there will be feedback soon enough how it's working. Since we're not saving anything into archives, it will be easier to switch software down the road if wanted. Thanks.