Last movie you saw | Page 261 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ahhhhhh Top Gun! One of my favorites for my theater room!

Paddington 2 was my last. My Grand kids live with me so ......... I thought it was a boring movie especially for a kid movie.

2. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw this a few weeks back and have to say I enjoyed and normally hate musicals.

It did remind me of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" which I absolutely love the series. So sad they are stopping it after the third season!

3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Watched Grease last night on TV for probably the 50th time. I Never get tired of that movie. It is my all time favorite.

4. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Top gun 2 began filming ...can't wait ..2019 release

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Island Time likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Terrible weather forced us to theater for 1st time in months. Very pleasant surprise seeing adrift. True story of survival in sail boat during storm. Told in present (survival) and past (romance) story lines which keeps it interesting and has a good twist to it too. highly recommend it.

7. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
    I'm assuming you saw it in the theater? I don't know if it has been released on PPV yet.

Sure it was predictable but it was also original, and not in a bad way. My expectations when seeing a horror (although this was more of a thriller) are always low, maybe that is why I enjoyed it.

I have never been in a theater that was absolutely dead silent for long stretches. I felt so guilty eating popcorn that I waited until there was some noise so I could stuff my face haha.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Wonder Wheel on Amazon Prime. It’s directed by Woody Allen and stars Kate Winslet, Juno Temple, Jim Belushi, and unfortunately Justin Timberlake. It’s a really good film. Beautiful color. If you like Woody Allen films you will like it.

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I watched one of Humphrey Bogart's last movies on TCM -- one I had never seen before. Called "The left hand of God". Actually, a darn good movie. Bogart clearly showing his age but still playing the tough guy with a heart.

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Preview for "First Man" looked pretty awesome when they debuted it on the NBA Finals last night. I don't think Ryan Gosling will make a good Neil Armstrong, but the rest looks great. Count me in for any movie that features both an X15 and a Saturn V.

11. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    "White Tiger"

Strangely interesting.

12. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  13. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    WOW! As a WWII armor fan? Thanks for something VERY different than the typical US perspective. VERY cool film.

14. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    David_S likes this.
  15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So I saw this movie on the plane I never heard of before: "Death of Stalin". It involves a story from shortly before Stalin's death until a few days after. Steve Buscemi, one of my favorite character actors, plays Nikita Khurshchev and Michael Palin plays Molotov.

It the most bizarre dark comedy I have ever seen. IMO, worth a view. 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

David_S likes this.
  16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's a pretty strait flick. In Bruges is much the same.

Both films are really good...excellent way to blow a few evenings.

17. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    In Bruge is brilliant. So is The Grand Budapest Hotel.

18. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Ready Player One.

Fell asleep. Missed half the movie. Didn't rewatch.

20. Protouring442

Protouring442 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007
    Harriman, TN
    Full Name:
    One Stupid SOB
    "Ronin" (1998)

Robert De Niro, Jean Reno, Natascha McElhone, Stellan Skarsgård, Sean Bean, Skipp Sudduth and Jonathan Pryce.

I can't believe I'd never even heard of this film until recently, much less never watched it. Very entertaining, amazingly well cast, and with some of the best car chase scenes ever filmed, the only letdown was a mellow ending (though even the ending was more of a "something to ponder" than any sort of real letdown).

Christian.Fr likes this.
  21. grnwood10

grnwood10 Rookie

Aug 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Lennard Rand
    Christopher Robin 6/10 - not bad at all.

22. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Waterloo

Seen it before many years ago. Nicely transferred to digital.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  23. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  24. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Saw 2 on the plane today

1) ready player one. The story is dumb and it's not what I thought it would be at all but I enjoyed the 80's cultural references. A great movie? No. But not a bad movie with some impressive CGI scenes. The best character is the dead head programmer guy.

2) Isle of Dogs. I bet 90% of the people who watch this hate it (like really hate it) -- but for the 10% that don't they must think its a total treat. I'm probably in the last group. I cannot believe people actually think they can make a movie where half of it is in Japanese and it has all kinds of fun Japanese bits, anime, and culture in it. If you like fun bizarre stuff, this is your movie.

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    A Quiet Place

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Very frustrating with each stupid decision the characters made starting with the opening scene. Most of that movie budget must have been to buy high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes as clearly this movie cost next to nothing to make.