Last movie you saw | Page 265 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Moneyball

Awesome movie. How in the world did it take me nearly 8 years to watch that movie? I'm not a baseball fan, but it was excellent. Highly recommended.

3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Free Solo

I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes. Before that it was just too much talking and involved people I didn't care one bit about (i.e. film crew and too much of his gf). They should have cut out more of the personal life/side stories and focused on the technical aspect and put more into the landscape shots. Yosemite is a beautiful park and they didn't feature it as much as they should have.

crinoid likes this.
  5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Captain Marvel was NOT GOOD!

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  6. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First Man -- about Neil Armstrong. Watched it on the plane today.

IMO, it's visually interesting but it didn't really pay off. Neil was a kind of unemotional guy and I don't think many would understand this kind of dead pan character.

Is it worth watching? Yes if you like special effects. If you're looking for "The Right Stuff 2" this isn't it.

Christian.Fr likes this.
  7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Saw Stan and Ollie today on the plane. I never even heard of this movie.

Its about the last time they worked together as their careers were ending. Its interesting and well done but only if you are interested in the characters.

I have to say, John C Reilly's interpretation of Ollie is unbelievable. I've never seen him play a role like this. It's not an impersonation of Ollie. It's like you are watching a real Ollie. Also the make up to make him seem 350+ lbs is incredible. It does not seem like make up.

Its a fun movie to watch even if just to see them do the "dance bit" together.

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I was going to comment Free Solo as well. I really liked the build up and think understanding the dude shows the depth of his accomplishments.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    US.

What a stupid movie. Complete ****show.

10. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Agree completely, but Rotten Tomatoes has at it at 94%.

They got me again.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    It won an Oscar so lots of people feel the same way and enjoyed it as well. I will admit the climb scene made my palms sweat and the build up made it more than otherwise would have. I've been up half dome on the cables, but would never remotely attempt anything like he did...

I still think the movie would've been better without his gf in it talking. :)

crinoid likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Dude! I could not stand her! Think about it though, she added so much to the story. She was basically the villain!

13. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    True!

**spoilers for others** it was crazy how many injuries he got once she was with him. If he dies climbing I will 100% blame her.

crinoid likes this.
  14. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
  15. Franz123

Franz123 Rookie

Apr 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    Franz Welch
    It is the AVENGERS: END GAME!!!!

16. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'd like to see it but I hear over 3 hours long, theaters should consider bringing back intermissions for bathroom breaks.

It will be out on iTunes maybe in 4 months or so I can rent it then.

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Geostorm

I've been wanting to see this film for a while but it was never offered on iTunes or some other streaming service. I found a used copy for $5 bucks the other day & now I understand why this film is so horribly awful.

18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Be Cool. Sequel to Get Shorty. I didn't know there was a sequel to Get Shorty.

19. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Was it any good?

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Disney announced today there will be four (yes FOUR) Avatar films coming out every other year from 2021 through 2027. I thought the first one was junk and a money grab. After reading the announcement today, it immediately reminded me of this.

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I watched "They will not grow old" on the airplane today. It's Peter Jackson's documentary of WW1.

There's 2 things interesting about it. All of it is using archival footage and some still photography using pan and zoom. About 2/3rds of it a "colorized" but in a way that looks like 50's home movies. I wouldn't say it looks like modern video but still has a film quality to it. Then they added follie sounds and added voices of people like they were talking. Maybe the got a lip reader to see if they could figure out what they were saying. Its pretty amazing technology but doesn't really add to the story.

The most amazing part to me is that every word is archival from people in the war who gave interviews of their experiences. EVERY single word. So people are explaining behind the scenes things that happened to them, their daily life, their recruitment, their time in the trenches, their battle experiences while the movie is showing images that relate to their narrative.

I was thinking --- this must have been a really difficult thing to organize and edit. There must be so much to listen to out there and then try to piece together the most interesting bits and then find images and try to tell the story of the war in a kind of time frame sequence.

If you like WW1 history, this is a pretty good documentary of the soldier's point of view. Its a big gross at times but personally I think that is part of the story -- how these people lived through this and came back to their daily lives like nothing ever happened.

tomc likes this.
  22. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I suppose I'm one of the few that didn't like Avatar.

23. Continental AutoSports

Sponsor

Aug 22, 2006
    Hinsdale, IL
    Full Name:
    Bobby Williams / Parts Manager
    You are not alone my friend; I will NEVER understand the enamored interest in the Avatar movie. It wasn't boring nor was it a 'bad' movie but a 2.7 billion dollar movie? Not a chance in my book.

I just don't get the whole thing and will go to my grave never understanding why people loved it so much.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Who here has watched a great movie lately/last year ? I cant remember anything great other than Bohemian Rhapsody (but even that was not accurate so it tainted it for me..).