Last movie you saw | Page 279 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vee12

vee12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Les
    “Bullet Train”, with Brad Pitt…very Quentin Tarantino-esque with ridiculously funny graphic violence. A remake of a 1975 Japanese flick. Saw it in Austin, TX theater that showed the original before the feature film…it was great. If you like QT’s stuff, you will love this film.

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Watched bringing out the dead from 1999, Fri. night. A Scorsese movie starring Nicholas Cage among others. Enjoyed it.

3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Snack Bar Budapest (1988) and rewatched the Seven Beauties (1974) -One of my favorite movies.

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Samaritan from sly stallone from comic book character who is a reluctant superhero. was ok but surprisingly my wife liked it more than i did. not bad for amazon prime.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Bullet Train - 5/10. Brings nothing new to the table. Just a lot of killing in some semi funny way if that is possible.

6. Akg200

Akg200 Karting

Mar 10, 2022
    The States
    I saw Keanu Reeves Speed and I loved it.

7. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Man on Fire (1987) with Scott Glenn and Joe Pesci.

I didn't know that the 2004 version (great film) with Denzel Washington was a remake.

The '87 version is okay, but can't compare to the remake.

8. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Been in a goofy mood and watched Free Guy (really neat concept) and The Lost City (was funnier than I had heard) - Not bad ways to let the head go light for a few hours.

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Watched Nightcrawler starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Excellent acting by Gyllenhaal.

10. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    The last movie I've watched? Good thread.
    Hm,
    I remember "The Book of Eli" (2010), watched in 2013 (yes, it's probably the last movie I can remember watching from the beginning to the very end :D)

To me it's a postapocalyptic , alegoric, heroic action movie. Mesmerizing, out of this world, soundtrack, and very prominent sound effects. Mysterious and intelligently plotted story line.

You can think at first that you'll be tired with the movie, but it keeps you planted in front of the screen like this year's RedBull car on a racetrack :D

There are some vehicles that appear in the movie, but no, it's not Ferraris. So we can assume that in a postapocalyptic world, having a Ferrari will not play a meaningful role. :D

I do not reveal movie cast nor composer of the soundtrack, nor the story - because it is much better to watch if you have no clue what is this movie about. You'll be surprised :D

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    :DIn a postapocalyptic world one may not be able to find someone to do a belt service on their Ferrari.

jsa330 likes this.
  12. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Barbarian- Slow but interesting enough to make it entertaining- Some good jumps but more of a thriller than horror- Was not bad- Definitely better than "Nope" - But a simultaneous root canal and proctology exam is better than "Nope" :cool:

Going to see "Smile" on Tuesday- Will report- Cheers :cool:

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Finally got a chance to watch “Who Killed Captain Alex?” (2010) by Ugandan auteur Nabwana I. G. G. This movie went viral in large part due to people poking fun at the amateurish special effects and props. However, this is a case where the story behind the scenes is more interesting than the on-screen action. Nabwana dreamt of making a film, inspired by action movies and kung-fu flicks he watched as a kid. According to legend, he sold a lot of his stuff to buy a camera, and then recruited friends in the Wakaliga area of Kampala as actors. The PC used by Mr. Nbwana for editing was cobbled together from scrap parts. Total budget = $200. In the tradition of the benshi of Japanese silent cinema, who supplemented movies via narration, WKCA has a VJ who spices things up with funny banter.

If you’re looking for scintillating dialogue, awesome CGI, and deep social implications, WKCA ain’t it. If you want to enjoy 68 minutes of fun entertainment, and be impressed by what a group of people can do with no training, almost no budget, but a lot of passion, then I cannot recommend WKCA more highly...T

Alcav5 likes this.
  14. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    “Sharper” on Apple+
    Scamming scammers- very good entertainment for the first 2/3 of the movie then predictable Hollywood PC ending. A disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Cold Sweat 1970 , Charles Bronson set in South of France.Nice scenery around Villefranche/Nice etc...some good car chase scenes.;)

16. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Never heard of that one will have to keep my eye out for it.
    Watched Captain Phillips for the first time the other night thought it was pretty good, suspenseful even though you know the outcome.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    not a movie but a good series on amazon prime. the rig about a crew stranded on an oil rig in north sea. mysterious fog, loss communications, strange behaviors. only 6 episodes but fun one. some game of thrones actors too.

18. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Went to see "Knock At The Cabin" on Sunday- Shyamalan's newest. Was ok- Not his best- not his worst- unusually simple and straightforward for him.
    :cool:

19. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Jesus Revolution. true story. entertaining and uplifting.

jsa330 likes this.
  20. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Sisu at the cinema. My type of movie.

BJK likes this.
  21. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #6971 BJK, May 3, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    jm2 likes this.
  22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    You should check out pre-code (1930 - mid 1934) Hollywood films if you liked Sleepers West.

Just watched Dancing Lady, 1934, in which Lynn Bari - the female lead of Sleepers West - has an uncredited bit part as a chorus girl...T

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Two. 1965. A short directed by the great Indian auteur Satyajit Ray. Ray contrasts a rich boy who looks down - figuratively and literally - upon a poor boy. The rich boy, confined in his house has all the toys one could ask for, but finds no joy in them. The poor boy is outside and finds pleasure in the crudest, homemade playthings. Not content with his own unhappiness, the rich boy seeks to undermine the happiness of the poor boy. A lot of deep messages about materialism in 12 min with not a word uttered.

Was restored some years back to honor Ray by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Highly recommended.

T

Alcav5 likes this.
  24. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Babel - A slightly older movie starring Brad Pitt. 9/10

Mission Impossible - Slightly longer than your average movie, but scores a solid 7/10

25. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Took my 2 girls to see the "Meg 2" The Trench. Silly movie..and that is EXACTLY what it's supposed to be. No political agenda in sight..hardly a swear word to be heard..Zero gore..couple of jump scares..fun movie for kids. As a movie..it's a solid 3 out of 10. As a silly movie..it's a 10.

tomc and G. Pepper like this.