Latest on Ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Latest on Ferrari

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by michael bayer, May 12, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Some things should be spared "progress".

George

2. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi sound like you are a prime candidate for the "World Retro Club" just one man's opinmion tongascrew

3. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Tell me where to join.

George

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    As you read the Vintage Ferrari Chat site I quess you are already a member. just one man's opinion tongascrew

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
  6. Julio Batista

Julio Batista Formula 3

Dec 22, 2005
    I received a call from my banker two weeks ago. He knows of my toys, and he wanted to tell me that he was going to send me... A Ferrari branded credit card!!!! (the bank is Santander of course).

The man was so excited, and imagined I would be so grateful, that I did not have the heart to tell him I had absolutely no interest in a Ferrari credit card.

What on earth will they come up next? Ferrari branded kitchenware? - Everything is possible...

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    I wish there was some way to register to make sure no one you knew could buy this type of crap for you.

I am sure I am like most of us here and get way to much Ferrari crap as gifts from good friends and family who can't figure out what to by us.

8. wolfchen75

wolfchen75 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    I have closet full of that C**P too, given to me or free stuff at vintage events, I generally give it to young kids who express an interest in Ferrari cars, they seem to like it. I would rather have a wrench set

9. wolfchen75

wolfchen75 Karting

Aug 7, 2004

when I lived and worked in Modena (but not for Ferrari) it was pretty well known that Enzo looked down on customers of his road cars as fools or worse, He lived for wining races, didn't car about cars or even drivers too much, just a giant ego tied up in beating the other guys.

His only other interest was young ladies and though he was polite to Royalty and Film stars who came to buy his cars in more private moments he always mocked them and mostly was driven around in not too expensive or new FIAT sedan

10. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Now for the supreme irony --- a quote from that advertisment for a Ferrari backgammon set. Quote "What makes the Ferrari Backgammon set so special is the way in which EVERY IT'S EVERY LAST detail has been lovingly handcrafted to the highest standard." Now that's funny. Their attention to detail does not extend to its ad copy proof reading. I guess it's just all crap so it doesn't matter but good value for 686Euro marked down from 980Euro.
    John

11. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
  12. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    No you're fine just make sure to drive a car with a carburetor every once and a while and you'll be fine.

13. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, can't think of anyone better to make up the rules and bylaws of the club. How about it? And while I have your attention, any chance of getting a weight on the chassis of 002. I hate to see an oportunity like this get by. just one man's opinion tongascrew

14. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    I was just on Park Avenue where the New York City Ferrari Store is being completely stripped and redone. I assume they are replacing the floor space previously occupied by new cars and occasionally one of Peter Kalikow's stable with shelving for the far more lucrative junk like Ferrari Barbie and Ferrari backgammon. Ugh.

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    A friend told me that when he picked up his new Ferrari in the NY area it had a "NY Marketing Charge" of 3K. He asked WTF that was. He was told to support this store...

16. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Jim,
    that may be a problem. The oldest car I have is from '65 and it's fuel injected (originally). I would be willing, in the interest of my mental health, to go for a ride in 002....
    ; )

George

17. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If it's mechanical FI that's OK too.

Best

18. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    I have owned a Saab (still do) since 1975 - here in the US the major problem was terrible dealerships. I knew a number of Saab owners who would not buy a new Saab, only used Saabs. I am one of them. I think the problem of low production cars is management who think their customer is the same as a Chevy or Ford owner. Just like putting a McDonald manager in charge of an up-scale restaurant.

Cheers
    Warren

19. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    It is, but much less complicated than a Lucas system.

Regards,

George

20. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    You know what they used to say about Jaguars and their Lucas electrics. If when they rolled it out of the factory and it wouldn't start,"no problem,send it to America". just one man's opinion tongascrew