Latest pictures of MM Enzo | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Latest pictures of MM Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by S Brake, Jan 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Hope this thread stays alive--Would love to see the progress of this beast!!

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    +1!! Very cool! :):)

3. TexasMike

TexasMike F1 World Champ

Feb 17, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Michael C
    I'm guessing it's because he spends his time driving his cars instead of talking about them. :)

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Twin turbo with t-tops on an Enzo? Awesome.

5. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    I thought that was made by Sparco, not ATR? I remember seeing an Enzo undertray on display in their factory in Leinì, near Torino. I also saw them making 430 Scuderia door panels.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Not sure. Either way it's a needed part and mine is still on P 4/5.

Best

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm going to guess that it will becompetitive to the P4/5 thread.

8. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    i doubt it but you never know. One is the turbo-ing of a great car. The other is the creation of a car/icon. Not on par if you ask me.

regardless I am anxiously awaiting the results of this. Had I been in a position to purchase an enzo I without a doubt would have pursued this exact route. I plan to with whatever supercars my future holds. Carrera GT, F50, Enzo, Murcielago, Reventon, etc. All cars I would want to (and be willing to) TT or supercharge if I owned.
    In the event someone in a well modified viper, vette or FGT (thinking they are going to show you up) decides they want to run they will have another thing coming to them. While I am sure it is extremely juvenile to some, I would find it hard to believe something similar has not crossed the minds of others here.

9. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #84 joe sackey, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
    All in good time. Dont forget the pictures!

10. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #85 Napolis, Feb 3, 2009
    Very Cool!

11. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    One thing I'd beef up. There are bars that run from the rear suspension to the lip over the rear window. IMO this lip isn't as strong as it should be and I've heard of cracks developing there in some Enzo's. I'd find a way to bring those forces to the bulkhead.

Best

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #87 joe sackey, Feb 3, 2009
    Thank you. Please keep them coming...

Im sure this will be the ultimate Supercar.

13. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #88 Napolis, Feb 3, 2009
    We really wanted to stiffen up the tub a bit so on P 4/5 we made the bulkhead solid. We built an FIA spec. roll over cage that mounted to plates on the flat part of the tub. The standard we met is when dropped on her roof she can't deflect more than 1.5 inches. The chassis stiffening really helped and you can definitely feel the difference between P 4/5 and the Enzo. If you're going to customise the body I'd also consider a rear grill like P 4/5's in that the engine compartment will flow better, cool better, and will fill the Aero hole behind the car. Getting a cool charge to the turbos is very important and when we had the Enzo in the tunnel we felt some of her inlets didn't have enough exit. With your extra HP you may need more water and oil cooling. We've had good results with Evans cooling fluid which is a zero psi coolant that doesn't boil until long after you've melted your engine.

I think we're running about 10 degrees (F) cooler with the Evans. We do run more radiator than an Enzo. Another thing I'd consider is more tire especially with your HP. The front will turn in much better and the rear will have more traction. I'd recommend PS 2's for tires, wider if at all possible.

As always just my thoughts. Vet them with your own engineering.

Best

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Maybe i missed it, but is Richard considering updating the geabox to Superfast 2 specs?

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    While shift speed can be increased slightly with more hp I'm not sure I'd go that way. The FXX gear box/clutch is much more robust but fitting one of those is a rather big deal. The one to fit would be the Veyron Gear box. Unbelievable Gear box but at 150K a bit pricey. That one has wet clutches that will take it and last.

Best 2 U and UR Dad

16. AX lover

AX lover Karting

Jul 6, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Will the rebuild also be a Targa/T-top?

17. Alex@WCD

Alex@WCD Rookie

Dec 2, 2008
    I would have to agree with Jim about the Veyron gearbox. It is absolutely spectacular and has been proven to be able to handle the power. It is amazingly fast, quicker than the Scuderia by a seat of the pants observation. Also, and obviously this is a baseless assumption, but with the amount he must be spending to rebuild the car, I would think he would be able to afford the Veyron gearbox. It may also prove more economical in the long run because the DSG from the Veyron is proven to handle 1000+ hp while there isn't proof (that I know of) that the Enzo/FXX gearbox can handle that amount of power. Is the original gearbox still usable or will he have to buy a new one?

18. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I didn't mean that it will reach the magnitude of the P4/5. In a way though, the MM car has a had a small following of its own. Now that it'll be juiced to 1000hp and completely rebuilt is why I believe it will create a buzz. Especially as time goes on.

tjs1, thanks for that picture. Very cool.

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A little late and do not mean to high-jack the thread, but the 612 engine is actually an enlarged and updated version of the 575M/SA engine, Type 133E. A reliable source stated some of the last 575s produced actually had 612 engines after stocks of 575 engines were depleted.

Now back to the really exciting thread of rebuilding a famous Enzo.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

20. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #95 joe sackey, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    NürScud likes this.
  21. lilturbododge

lilturbododge Karting

Jul 7, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #96 lilturbododge, Feb 3, 2009
    The tub looks great! Glad to see the carbon held up! Have you done any ultrasound to make sure there is not debonding issues around the stress areas? I know from experience, at least on airplanes, stress can cause havic when the plys are debonded.

22. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    ive dreamed of a TT Enzo since its intro.A pair of descent sized VGTs should get all the top end power of the turbo set up while eleminating the flaws of turbos.1000hp easy,I just hope the FXX Evo transmission software and that they get the correct rans to harness 1000hp.They should make somethin that would beat that Vuaxhall Vector that is currently the world's fastest street car.

23. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #98 Napolis, Feb 10, 2009
    Very, very smart. This is the bottom line, doing the test as you've described. IMO no one should buy any Enzo that has been in an accident that has not had it's tub and hard points tested exactly as you've described.

24. 9779

9779 Karting

Feb 12, 2006
    Norman, Ok
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    I have been a member here for sometime but rarely post, mainly because I have never ridden in a Ferrari let alone own one. Anyway I have followed this car since reading about it on R&T serveral years ago. I thought it was really neat how the car was used by giving children rides and trying to put as many miles on it as possible. I am glad to see that Mr. Losee is ok and it is great to see the car coming back to life. It's also good to see knowledgable folks offering good advice. No shortage of technical expertise here.

Great thread.

25. lilturbododge

lilturbododge Karting

Jul 7, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #100 lilturbododge, Feb 10, 2009
    beautiful!! I miss working with advance composites! A project like the enzo I would consider cheap compaired to a 200-300 million dollar aircraft, but funner! I can not wait to see more photos and the car advance on. Do you have any artist sketches of what the car is going to look like? or are those under lock and key...lol