Lawyer Repost | FerrariChat

Lawyer Repost

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Defacto, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Defacto

Defacto Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Sorry all, I seem to have misplaced the thread, but I had a bit of an incident on I-287 (in NYS) today, where some fool in a minivan cut me off and stood on the brakes, while i was boxed in. If it wasn't a group of people on their way to a mets game, I would've thought somebody was trying to make me a victim of insurance fraud. Anyway, the ever-intelligent trooper didn't put two and two together (my story and the damage on the minivan, my car had no damage, amazingly) and gave me a ticket for following too close. I already have a speeding ticket from March. I can't afford to have any more points on my license. I need a good lawyer, FAST! HELP! At least I was in my daily driver, not my M6...

2. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    I just sent you a PM with info on a VERY good lawyer.

3. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Keith, I think Matt needs a lawyer because he was going too fast...not because he was going too slow and was blocking the traffic.

4. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim

haha you guys are too funny...=P
    why is everyone ranking on poor Keith =)

btw...this is the lawyer JohnH and myself use every now and then..

Deborah Magee
    Work: 212-422-1080
    Fax: 212-422-1090

Address: 76 Washington st
    New York, NY 10006
    hope that helps as well

5. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    She's ok...Anyone better please tell me or PM me. I need an issue resolved and she's taking forever. Thanks

-John

Young...I'm following you...hehe

6. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    Don't follow me too close..because the gases can be dangerous =P

7. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    Well..I don't want to ruin this thread by saying something irrelevant. The lawyer Young recommend is great for speeding and small traffic violation. But that's about it. I remember Black355 had someone else and I was going to give them a try. I'll post the link if I can find it or if someone knows please link it.

-John

P.S. Young..BAM BAM~!!

8. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D

he did probably put two and two together - you are from CT the other driver is from NY - thus you got the ticket :). out of state profiling is rampant

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
  10. JohnH

JohnH Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    John H.
    Thanks for the info.. I will definitel mention the sticker guy sent me. Hopefully he can get me out of the mess I'm in now. THe judge already gave me a guilty sentence because of the other person. Probably too hard for her to handle.

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Funny. Nice to see that you are still the same person even at 1:22am in another state.

12. DancingDonkey

DancingDonkey Karting
    BANNED

May 16, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Ouch! That sucks. But hey at least it wasn't your other car, right? My father is a laywer and if you tell him you were sent to him by his son, Daniel, I'm sure he'll do his best to rectify the situation.

Douglas Taub
    81 Longview Ave.
    White Plains, NY 10605

Hope it all works out for you!

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    That's pretty nice of you Daniel. :)

14. Defacto

Defacto Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Guys, thanks so much for the overwhelming response. Yes, I believe it didn't help that I'm out of state, and from Greenwich nonetheless. Our housekeeper rear ended a car getting onto the Merritt Pkwy last year in our Lexus LX470, and although the guy she hit tried to milk us because of the car, she still didn't receive a ticket from the cop.

Also, for those that need clarification, this wasn't a speeding ticket, this was a ticket for following too close. Driver re-education sucks badly enough, hiked insurance rates suck even worse. I need someone who can help me avoid both (though i'd sacrifice and take the former over the latter).

Does anybody know if 'following too closely' tickets are disputable?

15. DancingDonkey

DancingDonkey Karting
    BANNED

May 16, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I thought an officer has to witness something to actually give a ticket for it. Arriving at the scene afterwords and issuing tickets is pretty hard to stand behind in court. How the hell does he know what happened just by the looks of something. request a supporting deposition and see what he has to write about in that. You might find you don't recieve one in the proper amount of time and can get it dropped on account of that. Maybe you'll get lucky and the cop won't show up for court, even better! Good Luck!