LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK | Page 5 | FerrariChat

LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by darth550, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

@@@ JUST ADDED @@@ Who is looking like a moron?

1. Darth is the moron!

2. Sloan is the moron!

3. I thought this was about Roland?

4. I don't care

5. It's all Ryan Alexander's fault

6. Roland has earned this thread

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dont tell that to the GT class winners. They see that very different.

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Is it true that Roland took his car to Kermit's shop to get some work done under a warranty he bought from Ben?

3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Two people who wish to remain annoymous were told at a car event, by Roland himself, that his F40LM was actually a LM winning vehicle. Meaning he told people(verified) at this same event that his personal F40 had actually been run in LM and won.

This story has been known for awhile but the two people who(will remain unnamed) were told this face to face and felt it should be shared. They were also apparently shown a picture Roland pulled out of his wallet of Roland's McLaren F1. They never knew if that was ever true, neither do I, but they wanted that mentioned in hopes someone would verify.

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Where there's smoke, there's OH hey, Sloanie!

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    So Roland told people HIS F40 actually won????????

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    That is what was said.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hey Sloany....what say you?

8. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    And then you must assume he was driving both cars.

Looks like we have a case of attacking and harassing based on the assumption that Roland said he won Lemans Twice but he did it in the same year......now there a feat.

No facts just creative reading and interpetation 101.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He states 68 and 69. Two different years. Are you deliberately not reading the posts?

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You mean creative deception.

Hey, He had a good run...Got to live on a ranch and drive a LE MANS WINNING F40 around until he lost rightfully them.

Could have been worse for him.

Funny thing is, none of this would have come to light if he hadn't attempted to steal that event out in Las Vegas.

11. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Well there you have it

Two secret indiviuals have said Roland said it......

Light the fires it is time to burn Roland at the stake........

Darth your running a witch hunt and you are now confirming what I thought:

You have no statements were Roland says I won lemans twice.

It is sad to see FC come to threads like this.

12. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Are you calling John a liar?

13. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    No one but you and Darth read it that way.

It's simple find a statement were he says he won Lemans twice....

You don't like my prodding but you all are harassing and belittling a guy in clear violation of the rules and what's worse without any proof.

14. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    A LOT of people read it that way. They just don't post about it.

15. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Another false assumption that shows how you twist it.

Darth,

Others are reading this and seeing that you have no proof and every post you now make makes you look more and more foolish...you should stop.

I am as I have proven my point with your great assistance.

Thank you

16. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    No, not that you're unbiased to the "BS being spread".

Its a fact that Roland never raced in Le Mans, it is also a fact that he led others to believe he did - culminating with Meguiars doing a commercial where he was introduced as "2 time Le Mans winner". If that ain't deceit, what is?

Your problem is that you are unable to be unbiased. You'd ban Darth for this? Why, because he broke the rules (what rule would that be?) or because you're protecting your friend?

Weren't you the guy making anti-semitic comments elsewhere? I don't recall your words but I remember being shocked at what you said. That's my problem with you. When I first came to this site, lots of folks recommended you as a guy to think about buying a car from. After reading many of your posts, I wouldn't touch your business with a 10-foot pole and you'd never be on my "good dealers to talk to" list. No way, no how.

Sorry.

17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Like that pig at his BBQ! I wonder who bought it?

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #118 ryalex, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Actually, it is you who are playing the complete fool.

Sadly, you tout some sort of intellectual and judgmental superiority over the other posters in this thread which is wholly unwarranted. You can be an ostrich and stick your head in the sand for a long time and ignore what has happened, but it does not change the reality which John FutureOwner, Darth, Tillman, Jim and others are conveying.

However, perhaps you might say that my participation in this thread is biased, because of my recent sponsorship deal:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He's not reading them because then he'd be proven wrong; it's easier for him to stick his saber in Darth than it is to wake up and see the issue at hand.

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    To add: 117 posts to 3,205 views so far. Let's take a poll and see who's looking like the moron.

21. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I hope that this sets the record straight once and for all. Roland is very nice. If he did not have my trust at one point I would not have let the car out of my shop until final payment was recieved! I was told that it was critical for the car to be at the SEMA show that year for static display.

Now pay attention! Part of my original build plan was to install a MOTEC engine management system and LCD dash similar to the Marelli used by the real F40LMs. An original engine harness was sent to MOTEC to be copied and and adapted for use with the MOTEC system. Roger Hawley of Orbit Racing was overseeing the process.
    During the first Rennsport gathering at Lime Rock Roland met Klaus Fisher, a brilliant Porsche mechanic and 962 expert. Roland was complaining about the cost of and time needed for the Motec system. Fisher claimed he could design and build an engine management system based on over the counter Bosch parts. When Roland return from Lime Rock he informed me that Motec was out and that Fisher would build the electronics.
    For liability reasons I never intended for the car to be driven on public roads. Roland clearly understood this. It was at this same point in time that he decided to install a Speedometer, (never used in any LM), and analogue gauges, also supplied by Klaus Fisher.
    The car was delivered to Fisher's shop and was never made to run or operate there! We spent several unpaid days and hours trying to sort the car out prior to SEMA. After SEMA the car was shipped to Dave Helms and not back to me. Dave got the car running at great expense and the bill for doing so was sent to me!
    This was hardly fair. As punishment for not paying Dave's bill I was deliberately omitted from the Forza article, bashed by all the little "Rolaids" out there, and threatened with legal action if I showed photos of the build or published any articles on the build myself. I watched all the lies and myths about the car grow on Fchat and TV commercials. Until this thread I felt it was senseless to plead my case, but I am Italian and believe in fate (Karma!). Sometimes the big guy does watch out for us!

22. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Were you aware Roland was going around to events passing that car off as not only a real LM but a WINNING LM?

23. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Is that like when you sell exotic car warranties and you have 'a' florida license but not 'the' florida license, you can tell people "yep we are licensed in florida!" and you're not technically lying?

That's awesome! Hell, I'm moving to florida! I bet I can sell... oh....$5mm worth of warranties!

Would you be available to consult?

24. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Mike...laff...I was waiting for that to pop up.

25. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sloan

Are you saying my post is in anyway incorrect, untruthful, an exaggeration, or any derivative of something that is 'false' and only mentioned maliciously?

I really can't read into your post because, sadly, inflection can't be ascertained online as easily as in person.

Just looking for some clarification, that's all.

People in this very thread know the people I am talking about. Some were even at the same event where the 'LM' and 'McLarenF1' comments were made by Roland. There is no question about whether or not Roland said these things.