LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK | Page 6 | FerrariChat

LE MANS RACER LOOKING FOR WORK

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by darth550, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

@@@ JUST ADDED @@@ Who is looking like a moron?

1. Darth is the moron!

2. Sloan is the moron!

3. I thought this was about Roland?

4. I don't care

5. It's all Ryan Alexander's fault

6. Roland has earned this thread

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

I don't have the gift of subtlety that you have :)

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #127 darth550, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sloan

It has come to my attention that you believe what I was told was heresay.

Well, let's clarify the situation.

One of the people who was told this by Roland?

[size=+4]ME[/size]

People on here know this as well, I have chosen to not mention it throughout the entire deal, but finally brought it up. So any question of my statement's integrity is now a question of my own.

4. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    a Little interesting how all of a sudden you have decided to change your statement/story and now say you were one that was told. This has been going on for months and now all of a sudden you are the one.

What should I think?????

Now all you have to do is post a written statement where Roland says he won Lemans twice.

5. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I voted for "Sloan is a moron".

Anyone with half a brain will realize that no one will proclaim Person "X" to be a winner unless Person X himself says it. In Post 76 and Post 77 you have enough proof that Roland claims to have driven and won at Le Mans when all records prove otherwise.

Roland is clearly guilty of deceiving others. There can't be any doubt about that.

But should this matter?
    Yes, to those who put sponsorship money or pay a premium to use his services based on the belief that they are dealing with a 2 time winner and not someone who tested the cars a bit and drove them to the track from the factory. There is a world of difference between what Roland did and what he claims to have done.

Yes to anyone who believes that Le Mans winners are gods just like F1 Champions. It sullies the reputation of such great drivers if anyone can claim to win the race falsely.

It is a shame.

I was initially perplexed when Darth put this topic up as I thought this was some private issue that was being aired publicly. But I am really glad he did it having read more into the issue. It serves as good warning to people willing to sponsor or pay for rides. Be aware of what you are paying for.

6. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You should think twice is what you should do Sloan. I never posted the story online because I felt Roland had already been dragged through the mud. My story being told wouldn't really change much.

But now people are still questioning why others question Roland's actions. So I decided to post the story here. Very simple.

The other gent involved was a very close friend of mine and was my roommate at the time. He stopped posting here about a year ago but is still registered.

Also, I have related what he told us to others in the community, in private. If they want to discuss it here they are more than welcome(but clearly not obligated in any fashion to do so if they don't want).

I have no reason to make anything up. RL never offended me and was actually quite cordial and warm in presentation. I am sure he isn't a bad guy at all. People make mistakes, no big deal. This is not to say that his actions were good, but I don't come here to judge. I don't understand why some choose to blatantly ignore reality. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

You can call me anything you want. But don't question my honesty.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Having your cake and eating it too?

When there was a 100% failure rate of Exotic Warranty Company (based on the written statements you love so much), you were very quick to say that there were MANY happy customers and we should just rest happy knowing this was true. Yet, when someone else says something that is much MORE factual, you try to analyze it to the n-th degree and claim you're right that no conclusions can be drawn from what was said? Which is it - facts are what matter, or the word of board members should suffice? Let's forget the fact that Roland in his own posts says he won Le Mans (then again unless we have video of Roland typing those words, maybe it was someone who broke into his house and posted that - you can use that defense if you like, I don't have it copyrighted)

Interesting.

Keep up the song and dance, I think it might be working. Pretty soon those Enron execs will be tossing some consulting work your way - how apt!

8. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry

Mark Twain from his essay "On the Decay of the Art of Lying":

"Among other common lies, we have the silent lie -- the deception which one conveys by simply keeping still and concealing the truth. Many obstinate truth-mongers indulge in this dissipation, imagining that if they speak no lie, they lie not at all."

The Mother's ad is a classic example of a lie by omission. The CLEAR implication of the ad is that the "two-time 24 Hours of LeMans Winner" did so as the "Race Car Driver". They didn't choose him for the photo because he has(or had) a cool car - they chose him because he had a cool car AND the provenance. Without the "two-time 24 Hours of LeMans Winner" tag, he's just another guy.

Spin it any way you want - it's still deception.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Forgot to mention something. Sloan, you said I changed my story. Well, not really. All I said was that 2 people wished to remain annoymous(I was one of them, clearly). Then I decided not to be annoyomous.

Also, I never heard anyone clarify whether or not he actually had a McLaren F1 at some point? Did he or did he not? He showed my buddy and I a picture of one that he said was his, but we just didn't know if we should believe him after he fed us the line about the F40 he owned actually winning LM.

Anyone?

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ...and people wonder why I didn't close this thread, this is entertaining and also providing a balanced view. Thanks Bertocchi for your side of the story, I knew it was out there, but don't think ever discussed at length on FC.

11. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    A balanced view???

From which planet are you viewing this??? (Planet Texas)

So much for the infamous FC rules and the moderators that selectively enforce them.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Commercial scripts also indicate Text blurbs, Voice-Over, etc..

After all, a script isn't just for the one or more with the speaking parts.

It's a guide, a roadmap, if you will, for all parties involved.

But before a script sees the light of day, somebody upstairs has to agonize over and approve of that script.

When a Celeb of any sort is contacted either directly or through his or her Agent/Manager with contractural offer to endorse a product on Television, the script is included, and this is long before the day of the shoot. This is so the Celebrity is satisfied there is nothing which will paint the Celeb as being misleading or deceptive about the product endorsement or claims therein. If the "Star" is satisfied with what he or she sees in terms of Art and Commerce, he or she will sign on the dotted line, not just for fun, but for profit.

When Joe or Joan Wannabee-Blow auditions for a commercial, they see the script when they arrive at the audition.

If they didn't keep a copy of the script, on the Call-back, they'll see it again.

If they didn't keep a copy of the script that time either, when they go to the gig, they see it again.

They never just glance at it. They want to see the whole picture.

But, what do I know? Been there, done that. Day in, day out, night in, night out, for nearly a decade, I was on a first-name basis with a lot more Casting Directors than the Jackson 5 and their Sisters have got toes and fingers and noses, and boobs, both real and fake, combined.

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    don't like it? leave. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

14. PSP

PSP Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2001
    Lake Forest, CA USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick S. Perry
    Maybe you missed this one....

1.4 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Moderators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.

...and the Administrator has the ultimate decision

15. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The planet Earth, Sloanie. A planet that you've obviously never visited.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    IIRC, The caption changed from "2 Time Lemans Champion" to "Racecar driver" shortly after this whole thing broke.

I wonder why, Sloanie, can you shed some light?

17. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    YRC. I noticed it at the start of this season when I saw his mug up there, and was surprised the commercial was being aired (even in modified trim).

18. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    I have no personal dog in this fight, but this peviously posted statement sums it up for me-

...Yes to anyone who believes that Le Mans winners are gods just like F1 Champions. It sullies the reputation of such great drivers if anyone can claim to win the race falsely...

Man up and admit that this guy INTENTIONALLY set out to decieve those in the ferrari/exotic/driving enthusiast community. When I joined F-chat I was impressed by him BECAUSE of what he claimed to have accomplished. It was all bull-

His posts support that, there is no debate.

Additionally, these claims reduce the accomplishments of all those who have won at any competition level, or even those that were able to find a way to compete and 'live' the dream, if even for a moment.

19. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Lets see we have a commerical that was changed
    Did Roland write the script.....I don't think so but obviously someone corrected it when the mistake was noted. Could it be that Roland had it corrected????

We have 1 secret indiviual and 1 that was secret but has come out to claim that Roland told him the lie.

And we have an old post that some of you really belive says I won Lemans Twice but it doesn't say any such thing sort of grasping at straws (sort of sad that this is all you have)

So come on just find a written statement by Roland that says I won Lemans twice (or even once). Seems he never put it in print in all these years.

And for those that trash me ....i really could care less (it always the same kids) especially the ones by the all powerful Mark PDX (a moderators moderator.....that would be a compliment mark)

Darth you should be proud you have a following sort of the Blind leading the Blind.

20. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    #145 MarkPDX, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I never thought I'd see the day when my brother's psycho ex wife looks completely rational. I'm sure there are more than a couple guys here who have psycho exes who can relate!

22. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Countdown to the moment that he breaks out the achy vag and starts threatening to sue people.

23. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I have been following the thread since the beginning and find it very entertaining. However, I've been out so I kinda skimmed through the last few pages....

Pardon my ignorance BUT my questiuon is: If both Darth and Sloan agree that RL did NOT win Lemans then why are they fighting. What the hell did I miss? :)

24. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Whatever it is, it didn't happen today. For some reason this guy is a crusader for those who are bankrupt of character.

The general concensus is that Sloan is out of his tree. Look at the poll. No doubt it's actually there.

25. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Allow me to TRY and focus your attention on something you seem to be missing. In person and IN WRITING Roland has claimed to have won Le Man's Twice.(he did so ON THIS BOARD see post 77) In my access to the Media areas of the FIA and Le Man's sites i can't find ANY MENTION OF ANYONE NAMED ROLAND LINDER EVER COMPETING LET ALONE WINNING LEMANS! REGARDLESS OF CLASS OR LACK THERE OF.

Now The Good people at Mothers wax don't just make up things to tag on their ads. They are pretty damn careful and I am willing to bet after having someone point out the ad copy in their SPONSORED advertisment is not correct (who knows someone like Brian Redman or Dan Gureny looked at it and said Who the hell is that?)

The ONLY place they would have gotten it was from the oracle of the mountain.

Now If Roland was promoting his racing school as a "Le Mans winning Driver..." THAT IS FRAUD. If he is telling some vaccous bimbet in a bar "Hey baby i won Le Man's twice..." trying to impress her that is sad...

If you say something often enough you begin to beleive the lie...