Leads on Black 348 TS/TB appreciated | FerrariChat

Leads on Black 348 TS/TB appreciated

Discussion in '348/355' started by xpensivewino, Apr 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Hello,
    I'm looking for a black 348 TB or TS. Mileage isn't a concern, maintenance is . I'd prefer a California car for convenience reasons, but will ship if needed. It looks like BAT has a few lately, but the whole auction thing and fee's are a bit of a turn off. If you have one that you may be selling or know of one coming to market, let me know. Other colors are fine also, just not Rosso Corsa..Thanks Steve

2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yeah BaT have had quite a few, including another one just listed yesterday. A 91 ts.

3. Sharpm

Sharpm Rookie

Jan 18, 2015
  4. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    Lovely car. If it were state side, I'd consider it. It's exactly what I want. I don't have any of the cars on your trade wish list. I do have a 2011 Porsche Spyder with 6 speed and carbon fiber GT2 buckets I may consider trading.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.

Attached Files:

6. xpensivewino

Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I did not see this car. Thanks for the lead!!

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Just so you know, getting it stateside is easy—I juat bought a 348ts out of the UK last year. Dropped off at the port in London, showed up 37 days later in Seattle. A few bits of paperwork and it’s all good.

Plus it’s proper European with non-mousetrap seatbelts. So if you’re serious, don’t let the fact that it’s in the UK scare you off. Over 25 years old, it can come in no problem.

INTMD8 likes this.
  8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Is the 25 years old for import based on model year or actual production date?

9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    #9 bjwhite, Apr 15, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Actual production date. If unavailable then the date of first registration is used. My production date is May 1992, but date of first registration (in Germany) was 11 June, 1992. My car entered the country first week of July, so well after 25 years after each available date.

This year, the first of the GTB and GTS cars are available for import. :) The REAL 348 update unlike the gussied up SS cars. :) These had the higher compression F119H tall plenum motors which the US never got, among all the other updates. (Although my 92 348ts has the battery in the nose and the updated rear suspension pickup points, so some of these updates were phased in earlier.)

The GTS and GTB are very rare too.

10. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Production date . Whatever the plate reads on the driver's side door jam.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Ahhhh, but only North American cars have this plate. :)

Rest of world cars have a different plate sans production date, which is why first date of registration is commonly used.

Image Unavailable, Please Login