Leaked Ford GT commercial! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Leaked Ford GT commercial!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F40, Jan 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    C'mon guys! This lowly Ford will hand any Ferrari (short of a $650,000) Enzo its walking papers in short order and for alot less money.

2. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I loved how it said "Clearly a professional driver on a closed track". Nice little jab by Ford towards the lawsuit happy people out there. Nicely done Ford.

Now, pleas fix that football team you own!

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    True as this may be I still wouldnt take it over 355 on up Ferrari wise.

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    WOW, That car & the ad rock !!! I'd love to get 1 but 1st year is already sold out, Maybe I can get on the list for 05 or 06 ?

5. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    Ferrari is counting on that :D

hehehehehehee

But, I hear what you are saying. The Ferrari has a mystique that allows some to overlook raw numbers sometimes. Heck, everytime I watch Magnum PI (which is alot lately now thats its back on Hallmark!), I exclaim to my wife that I must have red 308 GTS! I say this even though I suspect her C320 wagon would probably eat its lunch in a stop light gran prix :D

6. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Geez... that GT40's engine doesn't sound like a modern car. I love it!

7. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    haha yea i know what your saying.Its definately a good car and will lead to other companies making even better vehicles.Nice actaulyl see Ford doing somethign good again.maybe they'll get the jokes to stop abot them.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #33 wax, Jan 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

I thought the ad was great and am glad to see a car company show some moxie. Gee, driving a car fast can be fun. Imagine that!

DrTax

10. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    speaking of tracks. the one in the vid looked like our very own thunderhill. fun track.

11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

I second that. It looks to be a hell of a car. Can't wait to see and drive one.

12. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Very nice looking and performing car. Should make a very good buy in
    a few years. The dealers will deal after the car has been out a few
    years. The car will probably be upgraded in addition.

Where is the Blue Devil Corvette ?

13. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    If I had a Z8, I'd want it in a closed carrier too, so noone would have to look at it.

14. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    One could argue that the problems with all of Ford's other vehicles assure they have the most experienced technicians!

I think they'll pretty much bow down and kiss your arse for whatever if you buy one.

Especially since they're slipping in the automotive world - as I read this thread Headline news reported that Ford is now #3 behind Toyota!

15. ASG 86TR

ASG 86TR Formula 3

Aug 23, 2001
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Adam G
    The GT will only be sold to SVT dealers that have won the Presidents award from Ford. This is most likely where you would have it serviced. Having worked for Ford for many years, and as a consultant in the industry with many of the global OEM's service is as good as the individual dealer and can vary. My Porsche dealer sucks, but one of the others is great. Even Ferrari's. WWoC is great, yet others are so / so.

My brother and I have the first one in NJ. We have had the order placed for 2 years now, and I am looking forward to it. I love my TR, but there are times that I prefer driving the Cayenne. We need to look at each car for the value and pleasure of driving it. From what I see, it is a vehicle that I look forward to driving and owning.

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    If any of you guys want to see how "mediocre" Fords are I'm available...

17. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    ME FIRST ME FIRST ME FIRST!!!!!

The first time I saw the GT in prototype the only thing i could think of is I HAVE TO OWN ONE>>

Some day I will

18. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen

Oh please.

19. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Please what?
    The old one's stomped Ferrari and the new ones at 139K will stomp every new Ferrari except an Enzo. That is fact.

20. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    No one in their right mind would argue about Ford's amazing racing history. But screw the macho "I'll show you what american iron can do" stuff. Ford has amazing racing experience and skill. On the other hand, I'm not buying a race car. It's a street car based on a race car.

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Hey I have an idea for you "GeT STUFFED" If you knew anything about anything you might just take the fact that the GT just hits me squarely in the heart. I love the look and the attitude and the memories from old racing that I was not old enough to even know what racing was.

Jim G offering the passanger side of his GT 40 WELL DAMN I WANT IN THAT CAR....

Rudy Take a second and think before you type It must be tough on your typing having to deal with craniorectal disorder like you continue to show yourself to have...

22. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Rudy
    The Ford GT is not based on a race car. It may look a bit like a MKI but it has nothing in common with nor is it based on a GT40. By being 7 seconds a lap faster at Leguna than a 360 and 2 seconds a lap faster than a CS at Gingerman it has already proved what it can do.
    There's nothing Macho about it. For a lot less $ it's a lot more car than a 360 or even a CS and that all it set out to do.
    The next generation Ford GT, which is already in the works is going after the Enzo or any street legal Ferrari existant. I think it's great that Ford is raising its goals, esp. after accomplishing the goal of beating a 360's performance.

23. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I'm not sure we're disagreeing. I'm just not being clear enough.

24. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

My construction company buys new trucks (F-350's) every 2 years from Woodhouse Ford in Blair NE. Laugh if you want but they are the largest volume dealer in the country.

When I need service I just call and give them the address and they come pick it up and bring it back later in the day for no extra charge. They treat everyone like that. I'll admit I drive my V10 or one of the companies powerstrokes thousands of miles beyond it's required service with no troubles. Most of these miles are made towing a 7k lb. Bob Cat behind me.

For maint. on the Ferrari I have to take it to Chicago or Kansas City and put up with a snobby service dept. I love the way they make sure they tell you how many 360's or f-40's are waiting to be serviced and as soon as they are done with those they will get to your lowely 355. You kind of feel a little like Scott Peterson must feel when he goes anywhere in Modesto.

While I love just standing in my garage staring at my 355, I can't help but wonder if Ford hired it's engineers from M.I.T. and Ferrari hired mostly upper management's relatives with GED's for theirs.