Leather refinishing LA | FerrariChat

Leather refinishing LA

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by kartboy1234, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Hello everyone. I have an 87 testarossa. It's seats have been redyed at some point and don't look great. They also have some wear on them. Does anyone have any recommendations for a leather shop that can fix the leather and redye them?

Any shops that don't charge a "Ferrari tax"?

Thank you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I had the same problem with my 86 Testarossa. The previous owner had them dyed and over time certain areas started flaking off and cracking. I had them repaired and redyed, but note that that the suppleness of the leather does not come back (due to the dying). I took my TR to a place in Lawndale called Amadeus Auto Upholstery. They did a very good job at very reasonable prices. I also had them reupholster my center console lid and make me a leather cover/apron that was missing from under my steering column. Their number is 310-542-0726. Ask for Amadeus, he should remember my red TR.

3. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Thank you very much for the info. I don't think I have ever felt a soft TR seat, so I didn't know if it is supposed to be supple or stiff like mine. I just want to fix a seam, fix some cracks and have even coloring. I'll call him and see how much it would cost. I'll ask for a package deal and drop off a bunch of parts at once.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

4. tommydogs

tommydogs Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy Robinson
  5. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    we have a mobile guy that comes to the shop and dyes them here, he does great work and is very inexpensive.