Well I completed a refinish/refresh/redye of my console. It was originally tan but had taken on a fleshy tone and in any case the seats have been redone in red/black "tennis shoe" leather. It was also very dirty having sat in a shop for nearly 20 years awaiting someone to take on a project. First thing I did (after removing all gauges knobs etc. and removing said console from car) was to wipe it down with lacquer thinnners using a coarse rag. This took much of the flesh color off, the white rag was now tan. I then ordered an 8 oz. kit from "Leatherique". This showed up in a $9 flat rate box, for which I was charged $26. Not a good start. The kit contained 4 bottles. "Rejuvinator", "Prestine Clean", Dye Prep and the black dye. Plus a couple pages of hyperberbole that read like something you might get with a bottle of hair regrowth formula. The "Rejuvinator" is some kind of oil mixture that is supposed to lift dirt and pollution etc out of the pores of your leather while making it soft and supple. I duly "massaged" it in and left it to bake in my workshop, which gets pretty warm in July. The next day I could see no evidence of dirt or "pollution" being lifted out of the leather, which was now tacky. The "Prestine Clean" is then used to clean the surface of the leather while adding more suppleness. It did take the stickiness off but that's about it. The leather looked about the same, and I can't say it was softer. Day 3. Now for the prep, which I applied as instructed with 600 grit emery paper. This did take some more tan dye off the leather, as evidenced by the paper towels that were used to clean off the slurry. Day 5. I stirred and stirred the bottle of black die. There was a skin on the surface around the mouth of the bottle, and a lot of solids in the bottom. I stirred it until the solids were dispersed, then loaded up my air brush with the die cut with about 25% water. I got about 5 seconds of spraying before the nozzle clogged shut. I duly cleaned the nozzle with the same result. After about a half dozen tries I used a different nozzle with the same results. In the process, I and my console got spattered with drops of dye. I wiped those off and gave up. I cleaned myself up and got on the internet. Lo and behold, numerous accounts of the same problem with an airbrush. The solids and the stringy skin that forms when this product is exposed to air are just not compatible with an airbrush, even though the instructions encourage the use of the airbrush. The other methods, rubbing the dye on with a cloth, or painting it on with a brush, create their own problems, namely streaks and color variations according to at least two accounts I read online. I then emailed the proprietors asking their advice, along with reminding them they had promised to credit my card with the shipping overcharge, something they had not done. I heard nothing back. I thought perhaps the dye was old, but I guess "they are all like that". Hmm. I pondered the situation for a while and then ordered a larger nozzle (0.7mm). This arrived a few days later and I tried again, this time diluting the black dye 50:50 with distilled water. After about 30 seconds, my nozzle clogged. I now had dye all over the cement floor in my shop, and all over the cardboard work table I was using. Everywhere except on my console. I have used this airbrush many many times, mainly to spray on cerakote, but also to spray acrylic paint and never had a problem of this type. Bottom line, I must have cleaned the nozzle 20 times and finally got this small job done. It took me more than the entire morning. I again emailed the proprietors and informed them of my eventual success. To date I have heard nothing from them. And I see they have yet to credit my card with the shipping overcharge. My conclusion is that next time I attempt this, I will try another route. The lacquer thinner worked great, in fact that was the best part of the process with obvious results. According to the instruction sheet, which advises against saddle soap, I think I will try that next. The instructions say saddle soap will remove dye. Well duh, that's the point. Plus we all know it makes leather supple. So much for "rejuvinator" and "prestine clean". Saddle soap costs nothing in comparison. And then for the final coat, I will use SURFLEX, which is what the auto manufacturers and professionals use to dye/resurface auto upholstery. The cherry on the cake: shortly after this saga, someone put through a fraudulent charge on my card. In the prior month, the only "new" merchants I had used the card with were LEATHERIQUE and SUPERFORMANCE. So while it's impossible to say who compromised my card, I have a strong suspicion.