Leatherique Custom Dye Issues | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Leatherique Custom Dye Issues

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Mike Morrissey, Apr 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matt Andrews

Matt Andrews Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    there is no filler. that is just leather rubbed "raw". To the best of my knowledge, the seat has never been treated in any way.

2. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    It appears then, that it needs crack filler, sanding then the dye process.

3. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    i have always used leatherique pristine clean and rejuvenator, but just recendtly did a full re-dye. my color sample match was perfect the first time, maybe i got lucky. This was a pretty worn interior, so I selected a sample from the bottom of the seat.

I had to strip off a previous redye using denatured alcohol, and i had plenty of cracks to fill.

Overall i was pleased with both the product and customer service, no affiliation with leatherique.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  4. 67bmer

67bmer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2015
    MD
    I will try the electrical tape from the video.

I have been having trouble with masking tape pealing the coating off near the threads!

Color-plus color matching is awesome! I sent a sample and could not be more pleased with the color.

IPA seems to dissolve this coating! I am surprised acetone struggled to remove it.

I am debating about just spraying it all and not worrying about the treads.