LEC and VET similar to ALO and HAM? | FerrariChat

LEC and VET similar to ALO and HAM?

Discussion in 'F1' started by schumacherf2006, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    After today’s race I had a though that we are seeing something we have seen before.

When Hamilton was a rookie he constantly out preformed the # 1 Alonso in 2007.

Are we seeing the same thing in 2019 with Seb and Charles?

2. yamashek

yamashek Rookie

Jun 5, 2006
    Nope. #1 - ALO doesn't spin on his own battling with someone else. Hence, don't think we will see HAM-ALO 2.0. #2- VET will not be fast enough (or stable enough) to put the team in the situation, LEC got it covered and he is as motivated as ever.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    I don't think this is the case at all.

schumacherf2006 likes this.
  4. schumacherf2006

Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I appreciate the input

ATBNM3 likes this.
  5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No chance. Both are infinitely more professional.

6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The first was born from Ron Dennis ego and his inability to honour a contract through his personal issues, and forcing the drivers to fight it out for themselves. Charles and Seb are allowed to race from day one, and thee was nothing wrong with Seb’s start yesterday. Charles then came back at it, proved he had the overall best speed of the weekend, and passed Seb, while Seb made him work a bit for it (but nothing too dangerous I could see).

Vettels spin later was nothing to do with him and Charles, and the turbo failing was nothing to do with the drivers, so I’m guessing this is just one race, and that the balance will switch between the two depending on which tracks and how the car performs at each

nsxrebel, Red 27, johnireland and 6 others like this.
  7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    How did LH outperform FA all the time when they both finished with the same # of points?

nsxrebel, JJ, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Good luck with this conversation ;)

nsxrebel, stavura, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That’s a red rag to a bull with the Elton fans around here, I’d grab the tin foil hat from one of them, hunker down, and watch the ******** fly from them as they explain how equal points means Elton trounced Alonso and how it was only an FIA conspiracy that the points are recorded as equal....... hehehehe. How many times have we heard every wierd, ********, stupid excuse from them all now?

Ps, Schumi 2006, I know you aren’t one of the above, it’s just your thread mate, the above isn’t aimed at you in any way!

10. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Seb's 2 main spins the last couple years were on difficult corners with difficult circumstances. He just needs to respect the tracks/opponents and I think this is showing how "young" he still is. That run he had at Red Bull was on a stable platform with top notch performance. But even then he did crazy stuff. He needs to learn more about development of the car. Sure he is more experienced now, but not so much at development. I wish testing were still allowed. Then it would be down to grit and work, and not so much luck in the time allotted.

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    You should contact the FIA to get a answer. They placed Ham above Alonso maybe do to him getting more podiums and poles.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Here we go...... and that equates to a whitewash of course..... same points equals same points, but not to Elton. FFS

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    It is just one race dude. give it a rest. We presently do not even know if Seb was dealing with any issues on his car to begin with.

schumacherf2006 and stavura like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And off we go...
    How can one argue with this when both had the same amount of podium finishes and poles do not count at all for the standing :rolleyes:

nsxrebel, daytona355 and JJ like this.
  15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Again, the FIA placed Ham in second above Alonso as they saw he did better. Go consult with the FIA.

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Does not change that you are telling wrong facts and being a place above in a list does not mean "constantly outperforming" when having equal points. In fact Alonso was outperforming Lewis more often than not (10-7) if you want to split hairs....

17. Marko747

Marko747 Rookie

Mar 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Marko Zarko
    I also don't think this situation is in any way similar to the one in 2007, although of course it may evolve into that as the year wears on. Also consider that Charles is completely different personality than Lewis back at this beginnings. Don't think he would allow it to come that far.

daytona355 and schumacherf2006 like this.
  18. schumacherf2006

Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well, he was only 1 point away from the 2007 title. That’s my train of thought

19. schumacherf2006

Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    On the same page. Thanks for the reply

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Acclaimed, established team leader and new to the team, second year F1 phenom?

De Angelis and Senna come to mind. ;)

nsxrebel and daytona355 like this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think that while Elton was a hotheaded, over confident little **** that had the ear of his team owner, and the arrogance to believe the Brit press that were kissing his ass from minute one.

Charles is a level headed, confident, thoughtful and intelligent driver, who recognises and acknowledges his undoubted talent, but is very well aware of his responsibility first and foremost to his team. I doubt very much Charles would do anything that might risk a result or finish. Seb might, in fact, Seb will, we know, but I think Charles is clever enough to know to protect himself from that, so I don’t see there being such an issue. Ferrari have the best person in place to stop Charles and Seb getting too feisty - Charles himself. The more we hear and see of this young man, the more of a great find he seems to be.

nsxrebel likes this.
  22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    This is an unfair comparison. Everyone but Vettel knows a thing or two about wheel-to-wheel racing.

23. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I respect LEC but he's no comparison to Hamilton in his rookie year. Hamilton faced the double world champ in his prime in the car next to him. Not a former champ whose lost his mojo behind wheel and is prone to cocking up the lead with no pressure...

william likes this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Again: you might have not noticed but in the last race Leclerc was driving circles around Lewis...

nsxrebel, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  25. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Wait until the end of 2019's season before comparing Leclerc to Hambone's rookie campaign.

Laughing at these poster's jumping on the Leclerc bandwagon after 1 or 2 races. He's good and I'm a fan but he's no Hambone and until we see his body of work over an entire season, it's premature to compare the two.