LEGALLY avoiding sales tax | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LEGALLY avoiding sales tax

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dan Ciezniewzky, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Yeah, I want to see some pictures of the Lambo and your NSX.

2. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    Don't hold your breath...

3. Rickenbach

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Are you telling me he is trying to save the sales tax in order to purchase a digital camera?

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Same as Louisiana, you pay 4% on the value of it when you move into the state, the way I understand it.

5. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    The last person I knew that did everything he could to "legally" avoid paying taxes of any sort, wound up in jail. For a very long time. But, everything he did was "legal".

The best way to avoid paying sales tax? Have your butlers buy it for you. Then you don't have to worry about sales tax or anything else.

BTW - butlers are paid.

Guys, If he drives like he talks, he'll have this cute little Diablo, or his NSX, wrapped around a telephone pole in no time.

6. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    #56 Dan Ciezniewzky, Dec 28, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    holy flipping crap!! how in the world did this turn into an attack on me?? All I did was ask for LEGAL advice to save me some money. I didn't come here bragging or showing off or anything at all like that. Trust me, Im nothing special at all, Im just blessed enough to be able to be in this citutaion from years of non stop work and saving every freaking penny. When some of you questioned my judgement I honestly explained my reasoning, and that just seems to anger you all more...why?
    Also, I DO NOT HAVE A DIABLO YET, so no pics. I do have some that he sent me, but its HIS car not mine. I hadn't even planned on buying one till after summer, the right car just came up for me and all I wanted was some help getting my all ducks in a row before going through on it. Second, why are you questioning my NSX? Ive been here for quite a bit, check past threads, Im not lieing. Several guys on here even know about it, but if anyone still questions it and you're near me let me know and I'll even take you for a ride.
    As sad as it is some of you are coming off as jealous lil bit****. This is rather disheartening to say the least.
    And as stated in a previous post (and on several other threads) my car is kept at a storage unit, so no pics now. If I must I can take one after New Years with the newspaper on the hood saying FChat ROCKS! And I SWEAR TO GOD, at this time it really is in the shop, and has been for a bit, but should be done this week. HOWEVER if you really wanna check on it or call if you still dont believe me call Penske Honda, they know who I am. Im the spikey haired kid that comes in a bothers them several times a week checking on its status. Jeeze!

I'll include a pic of my KEY for it and the tag too, and if neccesary Ill even find the freakin title.

ALL I WANTED WAS SOME HELP, on the topic I started, not to be questioned on everything about ME!
    It looks as if it's not really worth all the trouble or chance of trouble to go through it to save some money, 285ferrari's idea he PMed me was the one I like the best, so thank you sir again for your help!
    And to everyone who helped me I really do appreciate all you advice, THANKS! :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. southerncharm

southerncharm Karting

Dec 21, 2005
    Most of us rent a safety deposit box for such items, please don't say you are saving yourself the $60/year for one of those as well.

8. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    saving EVERY penny is how Im able to afford these cars. Its in a safe in my room, do I REALLY need to go get it?

9. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
  10. Rickenbach

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    #60 Rickenbach, Dec 28, 2005
    Yeah! Please show us the title. Anybody who lives with their parents and claims to have an NSX AND be in the market for a Lamborghini, is either a moron or a liar. Take your pick.
    How do you plan to service this car? I take from your posts you are going to extend yourself in order to purchase it, and pray that nothing goes wrong after the purchase. I have a hard time believing that a person with this kind of reasoning has the intelligence to accumulate the money necessary to purchase a Lamborghini.
    Instead of spending your money on a depriciating asset, why dont you buy the GS jet I have for sale. Just dont ask for the tail numbers. Here is a picture of the key.

11. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    #61 Dan Ciezniewzky, Dec 28, 2005
    I hope you dont mind me freaking blacking out my address, part of my real last name, and part of the VIN...pshhh
    Now stop being such diicks!!!.....please :)

12. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    now,
    southerncharm, Rickenbach, quartermaster, and SpiceGlider please STFU!!!
    and enjoy your crow

SpiceGlider, you really surprised me, but I still wish you many safe miles not to be filled by trees. Sorry, Expat.

I'd include an OWNED pic, but Im not a diick, so I'll just accept your forthcoming appologies :)

13. Rickenbach

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser

I could give two squirts if you have and NSX. Show me your funds for the Diablo and I'll gladly eat crow.
    P.S. What is your dads name?

14. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis

you want my bank statement now?!??! Go fudge yourself pal! Whenever I get a Diablo, whether it be one month or six I'm going to gladly stand in front of it with a sigh saying F*CK YOU Rickenbach, cause you're such a nice, condesending, little jealous beotch!

I'm sure everyone else will be kind enough to congratulate me.

His name is James Anthony Cie............, you want my social sercurity number too ya prick?

15. southerncharm

southerncharm Karting

Dec 21, 2005
    Dan, you have completely lost your composure. You are assuming people are jealous of your ability to buy an automobile, but those people may have millions of dollars of assets, you really do not know their financial situation.

I am confused by your priorities and life choices, and I think I summarize that as group we feel your decision making is immature. Now you have proven your immaturity by going on a curse ridden rampage. An attorney once told me only the guilty try to explain away issues that need no comment.

Perhaps you have the funds to purchase a Diablo, it is still a bad business decision. How is your IRA and retirement accounts? Are you fully vested? An exotic car is a toy that should be purchased with money you will never need. It seems as though you are forgoing years of compounded returns of appreciating assets. Certainly your parents are partially to blame, as they seem like they are enablers. I'm sorry to say that a good parent's job is not to be your friend, but rather to teach you proper decision making. I hope that in 35 years you do not look back at this decision and say "if I had only invested that $100,000 in 2006 it would be worth $1,000,000 today".

Please rethink your priorities and consider the future, your future in decades from now, and how you have the opportunity to create a nestegg for life.

16. Dan Ciezniewzky

BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    see this is constructive now :), not an attack. I can respect your insight whether I follow and agree with it or not.
    I dont assume anyone here is jealous, I already said that I have nothing to envy and Im not that special, but Rickenbach sure is acting like a jealous little kid :(. And Im well aware of the fact that MANY of the people here are FAR better off than me....I mean FAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!
    I didnt swear either, I censorded myself, just as I do in real life. I rarely ever curse, but I felt after constent personl questioning of my integredity he deserved a little sarcastic stern reply :).
    I wont get into my parents other to say that they REEEEEEEEEEALLY don't like my choices to spend my money on cars, and I know as far as financial security is concerned this is hardly a smart thing to do. I really wouldnt mind living in a crap whole and having a few nice toys, all I really need is a place to eat, sleep, and poop. Im really a simple person and humble surroundings are hardly a dreaded concern for me.
    who, knows maybe in 5 years Ill mature more and come around to seeing things different, till then I'd like to make the best of what I desire and go from there...be it right or wrong.
    I do again apprecite your recomendations, just not any unwarrented personal attacks.

So, if anyone else wants to critise me and tell how dumb I am just PM me, other than that please try and stay on the topic I posted.

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Don't ever talk to my wife that way. Period.

Go ahead, spend your money and live at home. If you paid attention to what some people were trying to tell you, you'd be well enough off to have your own place and these cars. Maybe some of us are talking from experience and have learned the benefits of investments and compound interest. It's your money, do what you want. Who cares if you're pissing it away. After all, it's just a car.

Youth is definitely wasted on the young.

18. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Why collect something you don't own the garage for? (shakes head.)

19. SpiceGlider

SpiceGlider Karting

Jul 30, 2003
    USA, God Bless It
    No. I will not STFU. And, I sincerely hope you don't speak to your butlers that way. My butler would bend me over his knee and blister my behind if I ever spoke to him or anyone else that way.

You have over 700 posts on this board. What makes you think you can post a question like the one that started this thread and then NOT get slammed by at least one person on this board? And, trust me, I have not even begun to attack you. If you don't believe me, ask Judge, or anyone else on this board who knows me or my posts (few as they may be). Judge has gotten the full effect, though; tone of voice, hand gestures, volume, etc.

You come off sounding like a spoiled, self-centered, jerk. Remember, all I have to go on are YOUR COMMENTS. You can self-deprecate as much as you want. It isn't helping your case.

Paying taxes is one of the obligations we have as American citizens. And, you're asking how to get out of it? That's responsible and mature? The government (whether you agree with it or not) actually uses some of the funds it collects for some pretty decent purposes. And, some of those purposes are to keep you safe. You want to cheat them out of a few bucks? Go for it. But, ask yourself what you might be losing in the bargain.

Everything I have right now was paid for with cash (including taxes, title, tags, whatever) and no loans. I have lived debt free and unsupported by my butlers for 15 years. Not once have I ever asked how to get out of paying for something or not paying what was expected or part of the package.

Others have told you how to invest your money and save it for your Diablo (which WILL be expensive long after the original drive off the lot). Some other things you might want to invest in:

A book on grammar. Quite a few of us could use one (or more) of these. The so called "right kind of woman" loves a well-spoken man. You've proven that you can think straight (also a plus). Clear and concise articulation can just knock 'em dead (man or woman).

A dictionary (or spell-checker). Oh, don't even get me started. Suffice it to say, you can have a genius IQ, but if you can't spell you'll look as dumb as the rest of us.

Don't get so defensive. Again, 700+ posts. You had to know this was coming. This was easier to see than a forest. On fire.

And, remember, to save face, keep lower half shut.

^^^You're a smart kid, you figure it out.^^^

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow... How did this thread turn into a slamfest...?!? The guy wants to buy a car... Where did the doubt come from that he doesn't have the funds or that he doesn't already own an NSX...?

21. quartermaster

quartermaster Formula 3

Sep 11, 2005
    STFU??!! I don't think so.
    Eat crow? I've eaten worse.
    Dan, you really should review your posts in this thread. You come across as a disrespectful, immature, self-centered soul who rationalizes away any counsel that doesn't suit your 'priorities'.
    It has been suggested you learn some grammer, punctuation, and spelling. I couldn't agree more. At the very least, Quartermaster is a noun, and should be treated as such.
    Finally, you will get no apology from me--or anyone else, I imagine. On the contrary, you should be thanking us for trying to save you from yourself.

22. Rickenbach

Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Son, dont start something you cant finish. The day I am jealous of some punk kid still sucking from mamas teat is the day I stop living. Is that why you want a Lamborghini? To make people jealous? I can buy a Lamborghini and I can pay cash for it, as well as afford the maintenence, and upkeep. Hell, I even have a garage to keep it in, and it doesnt belong to my butler. However, I am still in my prime earning years, as are you, and refuse to have that much money tied up in a depriciating asset when I can have that money working for me. I have a few special interest vehicles that are appriciating in value, and have a ton of sentimental value. Take the board's advice and use your money to get an education. You obviously need one, and will thank us all later.

23. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Are we all back in school? Spelling, etc????? Lighten up guys, this is the internet. Sometimes I use spell check, sometimes not, and just about anyone can tell when. Not a big deal. To those that are so anal, that they can't understand what's being said without spell check, I suggest they copy the text, and run it through their own spell check.

If the moron wants a car more than a house, that's fine by me, he's got the right to be foolish.

Art

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I haven't checked this thread in a while, but it is sad to see it has deteriorated into this. Couple of points to remember:

1. No personal attacks - we're all welcome to disagree with Dan and his approach as vociferously as we want, but lets refrain from making personal attacks, such as calling him a "moron."

2. Dan, in the same vein, please stop responding with equally bad language. "STFU," "diicks," "beotch," "F*CK you" are all NOT permitted on FChat.

Just because we have kids on the site doesn't mean we act like them. If you want to continue to debate this like adults, by all means go ahead. Post #65 by southerncharm and post #69 by SpiceGlider are good examples of respectful responses that still get their point across.

Further violations of these rules will start resulting in bans.

Thanks for your understanding.

25. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Leave aside Dan's priorities, his financial planning (or lack thereof) and his decision to live at home. He posed a question about 'legally avoiding' tax liability. In my estimation, the ability to claim residence in a tax advantageous state is completely defeated by your admitted objective to avoid the tax you would otherwise be liable to pay. In other words, the very existence of this thread could be used as evidence that your intentions in establishing another residence were purely in the nature of a sham, and for that reason, any legitimate basis to avoid paying certain taxes in that other state would likely be denied to you.
    I am in no way suggesting that I would drop the dime on you, but I think you would have been smarter to ask a tax accountant/lawyer than post any query regarding tax avoidance on a public website.
    Live, and learn.