LeMans 2010? | FerrariChat

LeMans 2010?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by AustinMartin, Mar 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Ok, I am a diehard Acura racing fan. As some of you may know, Highcroft is trying to get to LeMans in 2010, and I would love to be there. What is the cheapest way to go to LeMans? Where are the places to stay, eat, and go. This would be a very budgeted trip. So whats the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Austin

2. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    To get there from the USA, fly to Paris and then take the TGV train to Le Mans. The cricuit is about 4 miles from the town centre.

Book accommodation very early - immediately after the 2009 event and before any teams know what they're doing for 2010! These people are very helpful (say that Team Modena recommended them to you):

FIA GT / FIA GT3 / FIA GT4 / Le Mans Series / ALMS / 24 hours Le Mans

Claudia Lüdi
    Tel: +49 711 34 29 10 52
    Email: [email protected]

Janina Trotte
    Tel: +49 711 34 29 10 54

ADAC GT Masters / GT Open / 24 hours Nürburgring / Ferrari Challenge / Formula 1 / VDV

Andrea Perwög
    Tel: +49 711 34 29 10 62

Jutta Schwind
    Tel: +49 711 34 29 10 60

Then get your tickets from the Le Mans website/ticket office.

Carol may have some more tips for you too!!

3. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    #3 jknight, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
    Thanks Rik - great tips you furnished...willl have to add them our contact list for sure.

We found one hotel in LeMans that had emailed me with a potential opening but as with most, it ended up being a week's booking in the vicinity of 2000€ (ouch), lovely place but it didn't work for us. We only have limited time to do events so this type of reservation really doesn't work for us. Here's what we've done over the years that works very well for us.

We have a standing ticket order (same seats) and standing order for last bus excursion to Arnage/Mulsanne thru www.justtickets.co.uk (Tribune 19 Lagache) - seats and bus are about 400 GBP. Fly from DFW-CDG on Wednesday. Arrive Paris in the morning, take RER to hotel adjacent to Gare Montparnasse (main station) - stay at the Novotel (270€ for two nights), walk to last train track - highest number, turn left-out door-up esclator-out door into hotel. Spend the rest of the day walking to the Eiffel Tower, old city, etc...tourist stuff. Buy TGV tickets (require reserved seats) in March (actually next week) from www.raileurope.com for first train to LeMans on Friday morning, late back Friday night )driver's parade in town centre; first out Saturday morning to LeMans. Stay at circuit from Saturday morning until early evening train from LeMans to CDG after the race on Sunday. Last year our train tickets were about 300 USD. 24h race - why spend money for a hotel room Saturday night and miss some of the best racing! we use our grandstand seats for a catnap if necessary...ferris wheel at 3 am has become a tradition (great views). The bus excursion starts at the Bar outside the Circuit at 8:30 pm and we get back after midnight - we really enjoy this as it's all Brits..great group of folks! Sunday night we stay at the Sheraton in the airport which is only two esclators up from the train station. Book VERY early - we are in at 199€ whereas if you book now it's 525€ per night. To get to the circuit, take the tram at the train station in LeMans. Purchasing thru Just Tickets is a bit more than via the ACO site, but it's much easier to handle things with an email with Debbie! The bus excursion is an absolute must - I think we'd still be following detour signs trying to find the race if we had rented a car.

We take only backpacks as there's really no place to leave anything nor do we want to haul anything around that is unnecessary. This is the most costly race trip that we make during the year. Most probably the absolute cheapest way would be camping at the track (all reserved), general admission ticket. But with camping you have to haul the necessary stuff to do that and it would have to be weatherproof. I view the public transportation superior to entertaining the thought of renting a car and driving there! There are many hotels in LeMans but I am sure you will already find they have been booked for 2010.

This works for us and may not work for everyone! I also figure what we can save at one race gets applied to another event!

Hope this help you in your planning.

Have a great day.
    Carol

4. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Ah, this is all very valuable information. My parents moved to France about a week ago, so I think I will head out there and pay Le Mans a visit in the proces.

Carol, did you get my PM? My subscription is expired and I am not sure I can still send PM´s

5. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    Marnix, I got your PM and sent one back to you, did you get it? email me at [email protected]

thanks, Carol