lemans grill 348 | FerrariChat

lemans grill 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by xtcgt, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xtcgt

xtcgt Karting

Nov 20, 2009
    Toms River NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert Boynton
    Well i bought the lemans grill, brand new! and fitted it and love it....still working on wiring, but want to make it water proof and trustworthy.

First impressions....very nice!

Mounted on car.....Even better

With the lights installed.....Holy S&lt!

this is a must for anyone with a 348....!

Robert

Husker likes this.
  2. troy_wood

troy_wood Formula 3

Apr 28, 2007
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Full Name:
    Troy Wood
    Husker is still manufacturing them yes? I'm gonna get one soon just hope they are still available when I'm ready...

3. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Pictures!!!!

4. ferrari 512 tr

ferrari 512 tr F1 Rookie

Nov 16, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Paolo
    yeah where are they?

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#5 Ricambi America, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Dave Monk

Dave Monk Karting

Apr 23, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Full Name:
    David Monk
    Not me man, I love the lemans grille, but I kept the entire stock assy, including the pieces I carefully cut out, in case someone wants to return it to stock. I noticed your lights kinda point up, I fit mine in so that they point straight back. I also kept my stock wheels, but I really like my 360 wheel, lemans look, most people don't know what year vehicle it is. Of course, it's all personal preferrence...

7. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Why do you want your 348 look like a 355 from behind??

Kai

8. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I found the vertical alignment of the lamps to be limited by the cut of the fiberglass panel. No matter how much I adjusted the mounting threads which hold the lamps, there wasn't much more I could achieve. Can you shoot a few pics of yours?

9. PKF355

PKF355 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    sOCal
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Imitation is often the best form of compliment.

...and envy is just such a b!tch, ain't it? ;)

10. Kaivball

Kaivball Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2007
    Kalifornia
    Truth is, I thought about it long and hard and then realized that I am proud of having a 348.

No reason to make it look like a 355.

Kai

PS: I think the strakes are making a comeback.

11. milby1

milby1 Karting

May 26, 2008
    USA
    imo, the LeMans grill is lovely, but the original is a complete, integrated design with the side strakes and bonnet. That wasn't an accident.

12. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    +1

13. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have to agree that the rear strakes are the least favorite part of my car but I think the rear of the 355 is worse. Maybe we need a copy of the 458?

14. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #14 TheOnlyest, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    Daniel, like you, I was a test mule on these for Collin. I had the same problem, but eventually I got the super-die-sander out and went crazy on mine. If you grind off much of the inner flange material, the lights will sit at the right angle. You have to be careful because if you grind the flanges too low, you will run out of threaded stud on the bottom to attach the bars too.

I'll get you a decent pic of mine sometime today.

I'm never going back to stock, in fact, I just sold my tail lights to Ernie... I still have the grill (perfect condition) and the inner mesh piece if anyone needs them.

I may wind up having to buy a new one eventually... the newer one appears to fit the car better, and also mine now has developed a hairline crack at one of the top screw holes.

Nothing could be further from MY intention... I wanted mine to look like, A FERRARI!

Not only that, my car runs profoundly cooler in the Las Vegas summer heat!

15. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Steve, I would be really grateful (what a pun!) if you could shoot a picture of the lamp angle or your sanding/grinding area. I think ours were the first two delivered. If that angle were better, I'd have zero issues with the whole thing.

Did you simply sand/grind down the inner lip of the fiberglass panel?

16. Miner_31

Miner_31 Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2008
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Dan - this time we should take it to the pros. I dont think we are qualified Husker grill installers.

17. xtcgt

xtcgt Karting

Nov 20, 2009
    Toms River NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert Boynton
    I shot him an email a couple months ago and he wasn't. I saw it on ebay and he is making 3 per year. (I think) There is one on ebay right now. Its about 1200. The fit is amazing. I gotta get plugs for the 355 lights so i am stuck right now. Any suggestions?????

The wiring is easy, seems as if the wires change depending on the year/model of the 348. So all you need is a test light and your all set.

I will post pictures soon enough.

18. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    Just to make it clear. Do you think that the rear lights/grill of a genuine F355 does not look good, or you think the copy of the 355 lights on a 348 don't look good?

19. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

I used Weatherpack connectors for my lamps, and mated them to 360 Challenge wires, which directly fit the lamps. (I used: http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?products_id=279957)

My wiring is shown somewhere here on Fchat, and it has worked very well.... clean and tight.

20. Dave Monk

Dave Monk Karting

Apr 23, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Full Name:
    David Monk
    #20 Dave Monk, Jan 24, 2011
    Here are some pictures of mine. The wire connectors came with the LeMans kit - maybe Collin helped me out? I ordered new lights from F of Atlanta ($450 for the set). Easy wiring. I think I could actualy tilt mine down more (from the bottom threaded picture) if I wanted to, not sure why I pointed them slightly upward. As to the look, it is all preference. I think Ferraris look best with the round tail light look, similar to Corvettes. I modify about everything I own, 33's on the Jeep and Excursion, body kit on the BMW, and I can't say how much on the 2 harleys (afraid my wife might find out), so this car was destined to get some modifications! Once again, it is all personal preference, so I kept the orignial stuff just in case the next owner likes the stock look. I still think the LeMans grille and some bigger wheels rock! Daniel, ever find me a 760mm belt?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #21 Night life, Jan 24, 2011
    Love the LeMans grill, I too switched last year the originals are nice but with the new grill looks way more exotic and more like a Ferrari. Only difference I did was I was able to reuse the stock backing from the original making mine more water proof. When you open the engine compartment everything looks stock, you don't see the wires hanging or the lights themselves. All I did was replace one of the original LeMans screws with a longer one as the holes lined up perfectly, then a washer and bolt voilà ;).

22. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I made all the wiring harness kits (and instructions) for Collin when he was "mass" producing these. Its kinda cool to see my handywork on Dave's car, I never get to see MY contribution to the lemans grill in people's completed project pics!

I assume Collin just wanted to keep costs and the price down, and he just stopped asking for more harnesses, and stopped including them in the kits. I also think Collin wasn't happy about the cost to make the harnesses, I used all OEM connectors and premium grade materials, and each one took about 1.5 hours to make, completely by hand.
    I only made a few bucks on each one, but I think he assumed I was getting rich over it.

23. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think the Lemans grill looks fantastic. I also think the original does too...just matter of personal preference.

24. TomPDX

TomPDX Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2008
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #24 TomPDX, Jan 26, 2011
  25. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006