Let's Plan for Something on Sunday, March 14! | FerrariChat

Let's Plan for Something on Sunday, March 14!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ghost, Mar 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    It seems like a long time to our brunch on April 18th. Why waste this weather. Anybody up for doing something next Sunday? How about a pow-wow to Classic Coach in Elizabeth, NJ. Or maybe a drive? Or maybe both? :D Open to anything -- just want to see some pretty F-cars together.

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I might

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    what area, north jersey? central jersey? south jersey?

4. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I'm game anywhere in the tri-state area...!

5. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Sounds like a plan. Maybe we could meet at the last rest stop on the Garden State Parkway north in Montvale NJ and drive up the New York State Thruway. I know Rob's gotten together with some people there before. The weather looks like it should clear up by then.

6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Seems that Elizabeth, NJ and Montvale, NJ are actually in different directions, and there is about an hour between the two points. :( As a result, here is one suggestion:
    • Meet up at 10:00am at Classic Coach (1007 S Elmora Ave, Elizabeth, NJ 07202). Catch up with Rocco / Frank and oogle at their cars. Lots of good things to be said about these guys, so if you haven't met them you should!
    • Move on from there after about an hour (11:00am) for a drive in and around the area. Somebody who is familiar with that area should weigh in on some good routes.
    • After driving around for a bit, end up at a nice quaint place for an early lunch.
    After that, we can all head our separate ways. Thought this would be a great way to spend the morning. One last point: Classic Coach is closed on Sunday, and so this plan obviously makes the most sense to do on a Saturday. Does this put anybody out of pocket?

Let me know what people think. I'd love to do this and would be happy to organize, but would like there to be a quorum. Weather is supposed to be a sunny 50 degrees on Saturday -- perfect driving conditions!! :D

7. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I think everyone here is open to whatever. Doen'ts really matter where we go.

8. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Saturday may work better for me

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    OK, so far it seems like it's:

(1) Sam (sjmst) - probably
    (2) Red360Stradale
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)

Anybody else??

10. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Maybe me -- weather is starting to look a tbit "sketchy" ...

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
  12. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    You guys suck big time! I'm stuck in Shanghai, China right now and all I can think of is driving my car.

Have fun for me.

13. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Lovely! I'm glad to see that this is starting to pick up some steam. Current tally includes:

(2) Red360Stradale
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)
    (5) Emil (Black355) - probably
    (6) John (John B)

Looks like it's going to be an amazing turnout of cars. I'll give Rocco at Classic Coach a call tomorrow to coordinate details, and will let you guys know. Anybody with familiarity of the roads in and around that area, please give me a shout -- would love to coordinate a route for a drive after the visit to CC.

Latest weather conditions suggest a sunny 48 - 50 degrees.

Looking forward to this!

Vik.

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    John,

We're saving a couple of special drives just for ya. Get back here quick will ya! :D

15. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    My BBi is at CC and I was supposed to be able to pick it up on Saturday. Maybe I can make a day of it. I am supposed to work Sat morning but maybe i can weasle a day off.

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    How convenient. Would love to have you join us. Let me know.

(2) Red360Stradale
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)
    (6) John (John B)
    (7) Charlie (charliek) - probably

17. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Sorry to say Vik but add me to the list of those who are probably going to go. I have work that morning and am not sure when I'll be getting out. Seems like later than sooner, oh well. The nice weather is just getting started to I'll be sure to make it sometime.

18. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    But these are the days when you make those excuses, and slip out of work with a sly smile on your face Kris (or don't go in at all)...

No worries. Join us whenever you can. Better late than never. :)

Update:

(2) Kris (Red360Stradale) - probably
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)
    (6) John (John B)
    (7) Charlie (charliek) - probably

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Guys,

I have spoken with Classic Coach, and they would be delighted to host us on Saturday morning. This should be a fantastic visit, as they indicated they’ve got a number of nice cars in inventory, including a pristine F-40, a “couple of” Enzos, and other goodies! We have arranged to congregate at 10:00am, and will plan on staying there for about an hour, before we head out for a drive and lunch. Since we are having people coming in from different locations, the best way to figure out your route is to use maps.yahoo.com, or your favorite map finding program. The address for Classic Coach is: 1007 South Elmora Avenue, Elizabeth, NJ 07202. Their phone number is: 908.352.3939. Again, for those not in the know, Classic Coach is one of the premier independent Ferrari shops on the East Coast – their current inventory of cars should be evidence of that (Enzos!). This is my first time heading there (as I only recently bought my F-car), but I’m looking forward to it.

As indicated, the plan is to depart Classic Coach by 11:00/11:30am, and then head for a drive in the surrounding areas, followed by lunch. Does anybody have a restaurant they might be able to suggest for our final stop?

I will continue to post updates on this thread, so watch this space. Look forward to seeing everybody soon. Cell phone number is: 917.656.2280. Call if you need to discuss.

Vik.

20. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    I am very bummed out, i cant make it Saturday. I checked my schedule at work and it was so crazy that I cannot escape. I was very up for a nice ride too. Please let me know if any other plans are being made.
    Charlie

21. VWH3RD

VWH3RD Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2003
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I will try and make it although my 360 is ahving a door ding repaired so I will be attending in a P-car. I hope that it is ok !

Vernon

22. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    So far looks like a go for me (with the Mondial). Will know for sure soon.
    Sam

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Charlie, sorry to hear that. It would have been great to have you, especially as John has indicated he may be joining with his 512BBi as well.

Not a problem Vernon, as long as you promise to bring your 360 to future events. :D

Attendee update:

(1) Sam (sjmst)
    (2) Kris (Red360Stradale) - probably
    (3) Noah (noahlh)
    (4) Vik (ghost)
    (6) John (John B)
    (7) Vernon (VWH3RD) - probably
    (8) John (jgimbel1) - probably

That's still a healthy contingent.

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #24 ghost, Mar 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Map of location of Classic Cars in Elizabeth, NJ. A few of us are meeting in Midtown West in Manhattan (Gus' Technik1), and will be driving down to Classic Cars together, so if anybody is coming from the East and wants to join us as we caravan down, please let me know.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. udalmia

udalmia Guest

my car's in classic coach :(