Let's see all our 348's | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Let's see all our 348's

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by 92_348ts, Sep 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #126 PAP 348, May 15, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

#127 BeachBum, May 15, 2006
    heres my baby after the guy backed into me at the gas station, his insurance mailed me a check for $4150, i called his insurance and told them they just insulted me and 4150 wouldnt even cover the parts, then called an attorney friend of mine, well see what i end up with but its going to be a hell of alot more then 4150
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Door - 62183000 = $2000
    Scoop - 62118310 = $2800
    Labor - ??
    Driving you 348 once it is put back together? Priceless.

Somethings, money just can't buy. For everything else, sue the bastard

4. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Dan, 2K for the door? is that replacing the entire door? and is that the way to go? thanks

5. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I had a brand new one, in the crate last winter -- it does NOT include the strakes, or any hardware whatsoever. It is JUST the metal door. It went to a customer in New England. Actually, I'll bet your door can be fixed for less $$. The labor necessary to strip the damaged door of all its bits and re-install them on the new door would be pretty high.

...those doors are HEAVY. I was stunned when I got the bill from the freight company (I think we used Yellow).

6. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Dan, when i took it to the body shop they wanted about 1800 just to fix the door, not including the strakes and paint, they said they would have to strip the door pretty much anyway for access and paint, my question is, am i better off fixing the old door and having a repaired original door or just replacing it and have a new undamaged door, thanks again

7. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Sorry to hear about your 348. The paint/body shops in the US must be making a killing?? That damage to your door,here in AUS would cost you around AU$500-$600 i reckon,to fix that dent and paint it again. Probably get a good guy who could fiberglass and fix them door strakes,obviously more time to fix the door,so it would cost more. That or just replace it? The guys that quoted you the $1800 to fix,either were A-Didnt want to do the job,so they "overquote" so that you take the car elsewhere,hence the $1800 or B- Its a Ferrari,so they assume you can easily afford it. My friend here had a red Mitsubishi Twin Turbo GTO,and he heavily damaged/cracked the front fibreglass spoiler late last year before he sold it. He got the best paint/body shop in town to fix the spoiler(looked perfect) and paint it,re-paint the bonnet and the 2 front gaurds for AU$1800. Whats that tell you? :)

8. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Pap, you cant see it but the main damage to the door is under where the strake is damaged, the metal is wrapped around the crash bar inside the door, im not even sure how they would fix it without using alot of filler, you cant get to it even if you disasemble the entire door,

also the car has the original paint on the entire car, im told that this color, chiaro, sp? is one of the hardest colors to match, that and the paint is 15 years old will make it impossible to match and the only way to make it right it to paint the entire car

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Ok,fair enough. It may be easier to get another door then? Another mate,crashed his blue Mitsubishi Magna VRX a month ago,similar colour to your car. They fitted a new bonnet and front spoiler,and matched the blue perfectly. Id post up pics,but i dont think i should,i may get banned? :rolleyes: Maybe you should try another body/paint shop for an opinion or quote? :)

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ouch. If it's any encouragement, the first 328 I looked at was blu chiaro and had had a front end respray due to the usual chips, blended up the fenders and bonnet. This was a 1986 car and it was incredible. A great paint shop can match it.

(The car did have a bunch of scratches on the rockers and rear deck that had been touched up in a very amateurish way, so the car needed a full respray. But the front was sensational.)

11. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Great car. What polish/wax do you use?

12. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

Jon, what i was told is initially they can match it, but after a short period of time the new paint and the old will fade at different rates and you will see the difference

Pap, its gets even better, in calif the guys insurance who hit me has to rent me a comparable car while my 348 is in the shop, to rent a 348/355 is 500 a day, its estimated the car will be in the shop 2 weeks, then on top of that ive got a statement from a collectable car expert for diminished value

the estimate i got was around 7200 to fix it right if they would have paidthat i would have been happy but they had to play games and try to get away cheap so now im going for the jugular, i was told by an attorney if you dont do it them they will do it to you and hes right

this has been going on for about a year now, not have my 348 for those warm evening drives through hidden valley is killing me,

13. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    That sucks! Why cant they make it simple. Damage your car,fix it asap and then insurance will pay for it. That would be too easy but. A year! :( My clutch let go and i couldnt drive my car for 2 months and i was depressed! After a year,id be killing ****ers!! :D

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #139 PAP 348, May 15, 2006

Thanks vegas. I use meguair's car wash and Autoglim polish. Its the best IMO. The spraypainter who painted my old Ford,recommended it. And he was the best spraypainter in town,before he left. He was very very good. It dries clear,so if accidently miss a spot,its not too bad,it wont show. And it never leaves the powdery white left over polish in all the hard to get at areas either. Try it out if you decide to change polish's on your car. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. murphy54

murphy54 Rookie

May 16, 2006
    a beautifull set of 348 pics endeed

16. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #141 PAP 348, May 24, 2006
  17. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    WHAT!
    You actually drive it?
    I should try that some time :D

18. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

;)

19. 996TTnoprob

996TTnoprob Karting

May 14, 2006
    midwest
    Ferrari style might come back for Miami Vice Movie, otherwise looks ancient.

20. 996TTnoprob

996TTnoprob Karting

May 14, 2006
    midwest
    Law says old car like this can be fixed with used parts, what else could they pay for? 30k service?

21. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #146 PAP 348, May 25, 2006
  22. evansp60

evansp60 Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ont. CANADA
  23. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    nice white 348 you have there sir....

looks familiar.... :)

GT

ps i havent been keeping tabs on the thread here... when did you get new rims?

24. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    HEY! nice wheels! they look familiar.

one of a kind wheels for sure..

25. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005