Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo... | Page 166 | FerrariChat

Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Condor Man, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Nothing like a yellow Ferrari.

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
  3. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Themaven and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
  6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Here is a couple of photos of my 550 which show very little of the car, but mean a lot to me. First, an explanation.

I received this e-mail early last week:

"Looking for some help guys:
    Daniel is 5 years old and is into his Hot Wheels. Unfortunately on July 8th Daniel was diagnosed with a DIPG brain tumour. Sadly it’s a 0% survival rate, the average is 9 months and he is now 5 months into that. He’s just come out of six weeks radiotherapy and is due to start another round in the next couple of weeks. We are organising a drive out to meet him on Sunday 19th November, in Bodmin, Cornwall. We are looking for Daniel’s Favourite cars - Ferrari and Lamborghini
    [OK, nobody's perfect!]. Anyone that is in the area and is able to help please come along and if you know anyone that can help please get them to come too. Thank you guys lets make this little boy’s dream come true before its to late."

So on Sunday morning we headed down to Bodmin to see little Daniel and his family. Eight Ferraris (including a brand new 488 which had completed a 1,500 mile journey back from the factory in Maranello only the day before!), two Lambos, a couple of Macs, a Noble and a pair of Mustangs turned up, and for the next couple of hours, Daniel had a great time getting in and out of pretty much every car at least once, tooting horns and revving engines!

He is a lovely little lad and apparently at ease with his future: his mother told me he knows all about the thing that's growing in his head and that he is going off to be an angel soon, and is taking it in his stride. Brave guy!

Here he is in the driving seat of my 550:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

and clutching the bottle of Ferrari branded after-shave I gave him (from which he refused to be separated for the rest of the morning, despite all attempts by his parents to put it away for safe keeping in case he dropped it!):

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oh, and Daniel knows his Ferraris: on being shown the engine of a 488, he explained that it was in the wrong place, so he was much happier when he opened the bonnet of my 550!

7. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    You're the best, John.

Barry

8. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Well done!

9. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    That is a heartbreaking story. Well done to you and other owners for doing it. Poor little boy, incomprehensible.

10. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Here's one I never shared before. Cropped my shadow out and it became a nice panorama. The Very Large Array off US 60 in New Mexico. The dishes were oriented in my favor and everything.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Themaven, JayEff and killer58 like this.
  11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I found this on Instagram. Don't remember where or who made it, but can be found by searching 550maranello... a very beautiful piece of drawing. How can you actually draw like this? Reminds me more of a picture, but still very beautiful! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Awesome job @Bluebottle - kudos to you and the rest!! Heart breaking.

13. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Bluebottle, can't find the right words.… Thank you!

14. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
  15. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    -1C this morning, but no salt yet! Still time to enjoy this year. My insurance company wants to send an appraiser to inspect my cracked windshield before they will approve coverage, seemed like a good excuse to drive it to work today. The red looks even better once everything outside starts turning brown and grey. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Themaven and G. Pepper like this.
  16. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thankyou guys. For me, and probably everyone else who took their cars along, it was a good excuse for a drive!

There is a good video of the event on the local news website:

http://www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/bodmin-boy-charity-supercars-cummings-808147

poljav and G. Pepper like this.
  17. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
  18. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    Not going to lie, video made me smile and cry. Thanks for sharing.

Bluebottle likes this.
  19. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    How wonderful, John, for both Daniel and you. Today is Thanksgiving Day this side of the big water and we all must indeed give thanks for what we have, especially our health, and in this case, our hearts. Kudos to you and all who participated.

Priley likes this.
  20. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    P.S. Earlier this week, a day after full detailing inside and out, the 575M joined our Cadillac STS-V in secure winter storage. We have had just one tiny bit of snow, a very light sprinkling and gone as the sun rose so no sand and salt on the roads yet. But we've had overnight low temps of -6 C. so a good time for storage. The Spyder will be stored next week and the new 412 stays in my garage.

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Meeting out of London today; dry weather, decent short drive, and the 575 hadn't yet been washed and covered up for winter. So, out we went.

It still surprises me how fast the 575 is. Fully 15 years old since they first came out, and my car is 13; but shooting around motorway junction roundabouts is such fun. And if you have to get ahead of a today-sports saloon, with a hulk of turbodiesel torque, as you interchange lanes, you do it; not instantaneously, like in today's Ferraris, but with a V12 roar and a clank-clack from the gearlever; and setting up for corners with that long nose and the gated shifter and the sense of weight transfer, is proper driving.

I drove a friend's 275 GTB/4 along this exact route a few months ago, and driving the 575 today, I really could feel the DNA.

Maybe the last drive until next spring, although a couple of years ago during tropical Christmas, she came out again.. Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel

Hi Darius
    I wish, I would have the same chance with driving a 275 to get the feeling.
    But also only driving the 550 is more feeling that many other people can get.
    :)

Daniel

23. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  24. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Yes..I’m not sure the 275 is worth the premium! Certainly not to drive. To look at, maybe..