Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo... | Page 180 | FerrariChat

Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Condor Man, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    19x9 +32
    19x11 +32

Spacers on rear. I'm not sure what size as they've been on the car since I bought it (it had similar offset BBS LM's prior), but if I had to guess probably 15mm.

Bas likes this.
  2. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi Tres. You car look absolutely superb. Enjoy it

tres55 likes this.
  3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
  4. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Here's a couple of them, but these don't do the exhaust justice. Sounds much better in person and even better under load...and even better than that when in a tunnel. :)

I will try to get a video through a tunnel at full throttle. It's quite mental. It's also very tame and daily driveable when the exhaust is closed, although still louder than stock of course.

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Delicious!

6. carbonsmith

carbonsmith Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    tres55 and Vteclover302 like this.
  7. vitajojo38

vitajojo38 Karting

Oct 17, 2009
    France
    Full Name:
    Joël
    Patrik550, Boomhauer and kandi like this.
  8. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Boomhauer and F355 Fan 82 like this.
  9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Optional on all MY 575Ms until Summer/Fall 2003, when it because standard.

10. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    My 575M was a May, 2003 production so it just missed it from the factory. I think it works nicely with grigio titanio and ties into the look of the modular wheels as well.

11. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Keeping a register on M cars that came to the US, for cars with manual trans I have one Verde British Racing in 99, VIN 112299 and two Verde Zeltweg, both in 02 with VINs 126519 and 126889. I don't know about Euro market cars but the greens are indeed quite rare.

docapl likes this.
  13. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
  14. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    This is how heaven looks like.

Daniel

F456M and greg246 like this.
  15. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
  16. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    More pictures and stories please. I've recently became active on this forum and it's been an exciting roughly 3 weeks reading through the 180 pages of this thread. I'm at a point in life where a dream is about to soon become a reality. I had set my sights on a 456 because of the 2+2 and it's beautiful lines before I even knew about this dedicated thread. I wasn't sure at first if I'd start my search for either of the generations but after 180 pages of truly beautiful pictures of all of the models I think I'm leaning more towards the 456M. Now I've done a fair amount of due diligence but I wanted to ask you as owners some questions of possible expectations.

What realistic price range shall I expect on a gated manual only, but fairly flexible on color.. no yellow or white or light blue but pretty much safe to say all other colors would suffice. I'm not afraid of higher milage so long as the maintenance has not been neglected. Being the age of the car is about to become a classic I also am not going to be looking or expecting mint condition neither.

What is a realistic time frame? I realize that it seems many owners of these models love them as if they are their own child and few are shown up for sale, even fewer in manual.

What other words of wisdom can you pass along to me as I begin my search.

17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    If you want the car go for it, honestly I was really set on a red/tan/red insert 575 and I wasted 6-8 months of my life looking for one, looking back I would rather have had any color bc the car is amazing and life is short, no sense in wasting that long looking for a perfect one. As for maintenance, Im not a mechanic, unless you are the service records are going to exist, but its possible things are done half ass. In my case I was told the clutch was changed, there was a receipt that said clutch was changed and in fine print it said clutch changed but disc only, so a few months later my clutch position sensor went out and that should've been done with a new clutch, I was out $3,700 to fix it.

Whatever it is, its just money and you clearly have some to burn if you're buying an old ferrari. I have/had my 575 for 15 months, I spent $13k in maintenance but im a perfectionist, others might have let some things go, but I wanted it perfect. Just get one, like everything in life the only way you'll live and learn is by doing it, maintenance is time consuming and pricey but so what you get to drive one of the best cars ever made, its well worth it. Just have patience it seemed every time my 575 went in for something no matter how minor it was 7-10 days minimum, these aren't cars where you're dropping them off and getting repairs right away, parts will get stuck in customs for weeks, etc.

If you change your mind and you want a perfect 575 mine is still for sale I can link you to the dealer who has it, the car needs nothing maintenance wise. My wife is pregnant now....twins...so I have to get rid of some toys she says, I only get to keep 1 car.

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric

Maurizio,

Gated 6-sp M should run you from $100k or so for a higher mileage car. The highest price I've seen in the last two years is $135k before premium at an auction (Scottsdale 2018 if memory serves).

The duPont Registry has an 03 456M GT listing (manual) for $149k

https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2003/ferrari/456--m/1965387

I believe there is a gray car you can find on Autotrader that is a manual listed at $119k

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=494694781&zip=03064&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=03064&startYear=1981&sortBy=relevance&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=on&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=456MGT&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&endYear=2019&modelCodeList=456MGT&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FER&modelCode1=456MGT&clickType=listing

and the ex-Tommy Hilfiger green car at Carriage House in Greenwich listed on Hemmings. Last I talked to them, they wanted about $130k for the car.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ferrari/456m-gt/1933418.html

I am the keeper of a register of 456M cars that came to the US and there were a total of 93 manual transmission cars between 1998 and 2003. The manuals are rare, seldom come on the market and are still underappreciated (says the owner of one). Depending on the condition that you expect the car to display, you may have a good wait until the right one becomes available. Here is what I know about the colors of M manuals....
    There were no white manuals. And I've only seen one white auto. Just didn't make any white 456s. 16 silver, 25 of various shades of gray metallics, 9 black, 1 yellow, 3 green, 17 various shades of blue, 8 various reds, and 17 unaccounted for.

Argento Nurburgring 16
    Grigio Ingrid 3
    Grigio Alloy 5
    Grigio Titanio 14
    Grigio Scaglietti 1
    Grigio Nuvolari 1
    Canne Di Fucile 1
    Nero/Nero Daytona 9
    Giallo 1
    Verde British Racing 1
    Verde Zeltweg 2
    Azzuro Cali Met 4
    Blu TdF 9
    Blu LeMans 1
    Blu Pozzi 3
    Rosso Corsa 2
    Rosso Monza 1
    Rosso Fiorano 3
    Rosso Barchetta 2
    Unknown 17

Good luck with your hunt. They are a sublime drive.

puckybadger and MaurizioAM like this.
  19. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    There is a Norwegian 456 non M with chassis ZFFSD44B000098679 that looks to be British green too. For sale.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The car does look good in the dark green, either BRG or Mugelo. And I do like the 575 Modular wheels. They look excellent as well.

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Those 550/Barchetta wheels are worth a good part of her value.

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for the correction Taz. I get that wrong rather consistently....sheesh.

23. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eric- You can tell easiest by the deep dish on the rear wheels. The 575 wheels are more flush with the rims. The dreaded Chinese modulars look similar to the 550 wheels, but are 19" and narrower and have fake bolts.

24. MaurizioAM

MaurizioAM Karting

Sep 5, 2018
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Maurizio
    I'm not to worried about the lost time, I don't expect what I find/buy to be perfect but I do want to have a color that I can live with as it will be sometime I never sell and just pass along to my son.

As for maintenance I used to be a tech and studied ASE for a number of years, I've since left that field but I'm sure owning a Ferrari I will enjoy learning everything I can about it while taking care of a few things myself.

Laserguru you are a book of information, thank you for the info. What is your opinion about the few examples listed in the under 100k ranges, I've noticed there are a few of them which I've been trying to understand why there seems to be a wide gap between pricing. I've also noticed some of the higher ranged priced examples showing hundreds of days on the market, is there such little interest or is that due to an uncertain price gap range in true current value?

I'm guessing that's the reason it's important to have a PPI performed regardless of listing price.