Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo... | Page 246 | FerrariChat

Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Condor Man, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  2. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Beautiful picture!

Oregon you say......Now if only One-Eyed Willy's pirate ship was sailing off in the background...

3. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    @Ferrari55whoa I think it's time this thread is #blessed with some new Grigio Ingrid imagery.

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As I mentioned on text I think, life has been crazy busy and I haven’t been able to have any “dad only” time…..BUT….Saturday mom is taking the girls to the Monterey aquarium and I’ve got a date with my 4-wheeled Italian mistress! I might even try to roll out the 916 and get a shot with both of them together. Looking forward to it! ;-)

5. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You did mention the lack of time, but what are friends for if they don't push you to enjoy your Maranello?

Laserguru likes this.
  6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    We are on Stranger Things season 2 and my wife got annoyed when everytime I saw Sean austin I mumbled “goonies never say die”! ;-)

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    For sure! I’m still sad I haven’t had a group drive before @root sold his 550 recently! ;-)

8. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Frankly part of my problem is I have too many cars and my diesel family truckster/tow rig blocks the garage and doing the gymnastics of moving everything around is a PITA….but I also just got another car capsule since I rarely use that rig so it’s now protected from rats/critters and out of the way up on the hill….

now only daily drivers in the actual driveway.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Patrik550 and Qksilver like this.
  9. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My garage is a 10# box with 110#’s in it….

I was telling another Bay Area friend we should buy a 3k sf industrial building in North phoenix just for our racing toys (real estate is so cheap there compared to CA).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NE550, Qksilver, Ffre92 and 2 others like this.
  10. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    How do you like your capsules? How do you manage the interior climate (or is this an issue in your neck of the woods)? Love the thought of getting one of these, but I imagine it can get pretty hot in there on 90 degree days.

11. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I would NOT a use an outdoor car capsule for storage of a Maranello (or leather intense vehicles) in high heat areas.

have not measured the heat inside the capsule BUT historically I have only had what I consider “heat resilient” vehicles in them (my vintage Manx Baja Racer and then at one time or another my two hot rod Chevy Laguna S3’s — I’ll try and attach a photo)….I also historically had my 18’-er in our driveway under our deck so it was largely shaded.

I’ve just recently moved the 18’-er to “the hill” and then the “tall 22’-er” behind it as shown in the photo so my driveway isn’t such a PITA and I have fewer vehicles to juggle to get the Maranello out of the garage.

I store my ‘69 Bronco in a vented 20’ cargo container in San Jose but the container does not have constant air movement like the capsules do with its two fans per capsule.

I’ve had the 18’ capsule for 8 years and haven’t had any issues and the 20 foot container in San Jose for 6 years.

I’d rather not use the method I’m using but It will have to suffice until I can find a reasonable way to handle different storage or heaven forbid letting some of my toys go…..

Attached Files:

Sarc likes this.
  12. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Eric, that's more or less what I've done, although I rent (jointly with a friend) instead of own.

We rent 1/2 of a 5,000 S.F. commercial building in an industrial area. With 2,500 S.F. of space we have room for about 8 vehicles without having to move cars around to get one out (there is quite a bit of "office" space in there which we plan to cut down by about 1/2, which will free up space for another 1 or 2 cars).

Our total cost for rent + utilities and such, which we split 50/50, runs about $1,800 per month, so about $900/mo each. Helps that our landlord is a car guy and keeps his collection of vintage Porsches in the other 1/2 of the building.

Anyway, I love having a nice, large, heated (important 5 months out of the year around here!) garage space where I can go and "get away" whenever I want for some me-time car therapy, if ya know what I mean. ;-)

13. race4s

race4s Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    Hudson Valley
    masinari, NE550, vee12 and 6 others like this.
  14. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Having a man cave is part of the plan for sure. I’ve got one Norcal and 2 phoenix based buddies that I’ve been doing the Baja vintage racing with for the last 10 years and I hope to convince the guys that one shared shop space for even just our racers would make a lot of sense…..

NE550 likes this.
  15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    race- Looks great. How do you like the seats?

16. race4s

race4s Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    Hudson Valley
    For me the seats where a strong buying point due to their rarity, in my opinion they provide a completely different driving personality to the Maranello. Supportive and snug in all the right places, but also very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

masinari, NE550 and LVP488 like this.
  17. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @dhalperin13 i think Dan has those in one of his 575’s as well.

18. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
  19. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
  20. Aerosurfer

Aerosurfer Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Mirek and haroonok like this.
  21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    You would not believe the garages in the UK unless you lived there. My 308 GTS in my Bury St Edmunds garage was a press fit. I had a big piece of foam attached to the wall. Opened the door against it and sort of fell out of her. Real squeeze to get in, too. No way a Maranello would have fit in that garage.

Hawkeye, Fennicus, NE550 and 2 others like this.
  22. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Terry I already have great respect for you…tell me in that photo when you got out of the car…if you were standing there….you would have had a mustache.

23. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    We get out from the other side over here…!

308 GTB likes this.
  24. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    :)

25. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    NE550, Schultz, dhalperin13 and 3 others like this.