Lets start a petition to Ferrari to let RB race | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lets start a petition to Ferrari to let RB race

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by PSk, Jun 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Good point... it would make an interesting poll... so, here it is.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Could not agree more. Ferrari and MS are not improving their image by this manipulation they are instead making F1 into a joke.

I will let this thread die now, but the only thing I don't understand is why many of you do not understand that RB was IN control of the restart and choose to allow MS to pass him. The rules are very clear if MS had reached the start finish line BEFORE RB he would have been penalised for passing under yellow flag conditions and thus RB would have won the race.

While I appreciate that RB races for the Ferrari team, he could easily have lifted while accelerating (for a very long way on this track so plenty of time to think about options) which would have caused MS to have to lift also and thus given the impertise (sp?) back to RB. Instead he (I assume) choose to keep the throttle pinned to the floor even though he knew MS had the jump on him.

Thus I have to conclude:
    - RB does not care about winning ... don't really believe this.
    - RB was under team orders and thus did nothing to stop MS passing him.

Now yes we have all discussed the near contact much later in the race ... sorry that is too late. We all know F1 here pretty well and the days of last lap passes to win the race are probably gone :( ...

So in conclusion Brian (in particular because you asked the question) F1 is primarily an individuals sport and the driver is racing for himself, but there is the secondary factor of helping your team. IMO it should not be the other way around (whether historically it has been this way or not) because it patronises the idea of sport.

What we currently are watching is the worst demonstration of unsporting behaviour by the dominant team and driver (assumed). Yes I watch many of those 21 years but I now am not proud of Ferrari's winning ways because there is no honour in the way MS is winning. Who's fault that is I do not know, but we have all watched MS take Hill out, MS take Villeneuve out, MS take Frentzen out, etc. and thus I have come to the conclusion that MS is a flawed genious, ie. brilliant driver but has little concept of sportsmanship. Just ask his brother about when they were young and raced karts together ... Winning is everything, yes, but there are ways of winning that make you a real winner. Hence I never respected Senna as much as Prost because Senna did not care how he won ... :(

Pete's opinion

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Yes, a better idea for a petition. The best ever idea...

LET US ALL SEND A PETITION TO FERRARI ASKING THEM TO STOP WINNING!!!

Dear Scuderia Ferrari, Please can you quit F1. We are a sorry bunch of fools that cried our heart out when you did not win anything for so many years. But now that you are winning we don't want you to anymore. We like being on a losing team. Please quit F1!

Poor Scuderia Ferrari and Michael Schumacher... Dammed if they dowin, and Dammed if they don't win.

The world has no shortage of critics. People criticising Ferrari should become Minardi fans and chear for 1 point in two years.

On to Magny Cours and the next Ferrari 1 - 2.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    :D.

Repeat after me: Winning does not require team tactics. Williams have been winning for years without them. Ferrari are a strong enough team now to not need them also.

We have passed the 21 year drought. Yes do anything legal to resolve the drought, but now Ferrari should back down some what and show the world that they are real sportsmen.

If they cannot do that then I will be changing teams ... or maybe after something like 20 years of serious F1 watching ... ignoring that it existed :(.

Pete

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    WILLIAMS.... WILLIAMS!!!!!!! HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WILLIAMS DOES NOT CHEAT!!!

Here is what Williams does....

Oversized brake Ducts for cooling the brakes to enhance brake performance. (canada 2004)

Tires that were bigger than regulation width so as to allow more grip (Most of 2003 untill other teams complained)

So you would rather cheat like Williams than be smart like Ferrari?

Thank you very much. Onto Magny Cours for another Ferrari 1 - 2!!!

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Imperial83,

Technical infringements are relatively easy to catch and thus the teams get caught for cheating.

It unfortunately impossible to stop illegal team orders.

Yes Williams cheat or bend the laws, not just recently but way back when they did not have a turbo engine to play with. They invented water cooled brakes so they could start at the legal weight and then dump the water somewhere near the brakes to lower the cars weight ;) ...

Again Ferrari do not need team orders to win ... they are a good team now. Or do you think MS is such a poor driver that he needs RB to help him win? ... I thought you thought the sun shone out of his ar$e and was invincible. Again we KNOW that Ferrari have clear number 2 tactics that mean RB has to allow MS to win ... they have for close to ten years.

Can't you see how we all believe that is making MS look bad and not as good as he could be. Can't you see how the record books will record:

Michael Shumacher - X WC's, but supported by team mate as he could not do it on his own.

Pete

7. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    record books compared to who...
    As compared to Williams who gave the wrong team order to Montoya to switch into the T-car. They dont even know the rules of the game that they play. As compared to Montoya who will never win a WC. As compared to the ugliest F1 car nose has ever seen, current BMW Williams. As compared to being disqualified from the Canada GP in 2004 due to using oversized brake ducts.

Ok sounds good... Ferrari wil be very happy to win another Constructors champioship and Michael Schumacher will be remembered long after you or me. It is your opinion that he is being aided by Rubens. In my opion they are both duking it out and Michael Schumacher is the best F1 driver and is simply unbeatable in the F2004.

On to Magny Cours. Another Ferrari 1 - 2!

8. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    Thank you Pete for a sensible reply. How Imperial83 could take a request for the team with the two quickest cars to show a little more sportsmanship and turn it into a request to stop competing, and therefore winning, is beyond me.

Pathetic Ferrari aside, the rest of the GP field is probably the best it's ever been for teams with relatively equal drivers going out each weekend to out qualify and out race each other.

9. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    So, "pathetic Ferrari" should dump MS because there is no "relatively equal driver" to pair him with??

I guarantee RB does his best to out-qualify everybody, including MS. Why does he not succeed more? Because MS is soooo damned fast!

(Sure, sometimes its prevented by taking a 2-stop to MS's 3-stop... but all teams have to contend with one driver getting handicapped with a bit more fuel than the other driver... unless they choose to handicap both drivers with more fuel and then decide the strategy on race day.)

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Because that is what you are asking. You and PSK do not want ferrari to win. You want to sit there like Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandella and talk about ethics. Every other team cheats. According to me Ferrari is doing nothing wrong.

And your second statement is full of nonsense. The current field with McLaren engines blowing up, Williams being disquaified every single race, Renault having technical problems and BAR Honda engines blowing up each race is probably the worst field in F1 ever. Do not blame Ferrari for actually trying to win by creating a reliable and fast car. Michael Schumacher is too damm fast for the rest of the field of drivers. he is the best their is on the track and he is better tan anyone that ever drove an F1 car. Learn to live with it.

Ther is no shortage of critics in this world. On to Magny Cours. Another Ferrari 1 - 2 !!!

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I think you got that wrong. I wasn't sure in Canada, but Indy made it pretty obvious who was faster.

Over the duration of a season MS is faster, but RB has his moments. Ferrari is pathetic for not granting him those. Lack of maturity on Todt's and MS' part.

12. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    From where i was sitting in the stands the attack that Rubens made on MS going into turn 4 was for real. I think that just woke Michael up and he pulled away from Rubens. plain and simple.