Letterman and Lewis Hamilton | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Letterman and Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Phil~, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Imagine, since the broadcasters all have their head up the arse of Elton and Mercedes, what we hear is probably the best of his radio, the stuff they feel is the least damaging to his image.... what the **** does he say that is too dumb to broadcast I wonder? ****ing hell, there’s a thought hahahaha

2. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

What about during 2009 thru 2013, when he and everyone else was getting beaten by Vettel, and he was nowhere? Despite not being at the sharp end, grabbing trophies, he was still the most whiny driver on the radio, every week giving us another emotional outburst about how jenson was favoured, how the team should be on his side, someone or other looked at him the wrong way in the mirror, and all the rest..... hmmmmm, sometimes what you say makes no sense at all without perspective

Bas likes this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You must drive a Mercedes... otherwise you would never win the title. At least something you have in common with your buddy

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I am more of the impression it’s a 1991 Lada Riva, the super sports version of course with 61bhp, skinny tyres and a real steel scaffold bar suspension set up........... hehehehehehehe

5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    You post all of that and then report this as "incitement to cause arguments"?

I'll draw some inspiration from your signature:

"Remember, it's easier to apologise than it is to ask permission."

Permanent ban applied. Use the contact form on the website to acknowledge what you did wrong (yet again) and meaningfully apologize to restore your access.

Regards,
    Andrew.

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Gosh, what does that make Vettel,or Verstappen then?
    I think I could have a chat with LH. I doubt I’d want to be around V or V for more than 5 mins.

7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I didn't say Vettel and Verstappen were charming anyone, either.

Wanna do a fun drinking game? Take a shot any time someone says the word "obviously" in an F1 press conference.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Is obviously the new for sure?

9. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    ....That or how many times Vettel can leverage in "Yah" into a sentence.

On a serious note, watched the Hamilton interview with Letterman. It was well done and some
    of what is being so strenuously objected to here was done very much tongue-in-cheek.

Lighten up already.

BHW

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #110 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    This thread is getting a little bit argumentative ...time for some light relief :D Mod's make an appearance at 04:23.....

william and NeuroBeaker like this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly.

It's so stupid.

Fanboys: "Lewis is da greatest evaaa, no one can catch him!!"
    Objective People: ''he's in the best car, kinda hard to catch him and he's matched/beaten too often by his teammates"
    FB: "na bro, you just salty cuz Vettel aint doing ****, he sucks bro! haha Lewis da greateeest''
    OP: "how about 2009-2013, when he wasn't in the best car?"
    FB: "Bro you just a hater. You hate Lewis bro that's why you can't see he da greatest''

fil, stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I'm surprised that people who watch F1 don't know that Hamilton still won races 2009-2013, you can't name many drivers who still won races without a top car. Even Senna and Schumi had years when they didn't win races do to a subpar car.

13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    How about his team mates?

14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What do you mean?

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well, you asked who else won in "not a top car"...
    Obviously both Button and Rosberg did in the years 2010-2013. Only Kovallainen did not in 2009 but I doubt that anybody puts him as a benchmark

stavura and Bas like this.
  16. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah they won during those years as well, i give them credit along with Lewis.

17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :D:D:D

Bas likes this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Well, maybe the cars were simply not as bad as you want to make us believe... ever thought about that??? So nothing to praise Lewis for...

Bas likes this.
  19. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    'Objective People' :D

Surfah and Terra like this.
  20. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #120 I'm 360 Canuck, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    You could speculate that any year for any driver.
    In the end, results are all that counts.
    Its a team sport. In almost any team sport, stars rarely win if they aren’t on a great team.
    Would Jordan be a legend if he played for the Clippers? Would Crosby be a superstar if he was drafted by the Maple Leafs? If Brady were a Buffalo Bill? It’s the combination that creates success. At the highest levels of sport, they are all pretty good to be there.
    There’s a lot of athletes who may have been the best at their sport or position that never won anything. Pretty sure they have some regrets on some of their decisions.
    If you want to do it all by yourself, play golf or tennis.

On the Netflix f1 show, the mclaren boss said that Alonso had a lot of influence there, to make them better. So maybe, drivers aren’t just passive recipients of whatever car they receive, maybe their success is also partly determined by what they do on non-race days.

william likes this.
  21. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    No thanks, I see more than enough Hambone in F1.

Especially with multiple vanity interview segments this weekend by some little 9 year old kid. :rolleyes:

22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Awww. Wasnt it so nice today to see the stewards ride to the rescue of Mercedes..... what a great decision. If you look closely at the footage of the stewards room, you can just make out the edge of the briefcase full of cash they must have taken to come to such a boneheaded, ridiculous decision.

Presumably it would have been fine for Seb to just close his eyes, let the car spin, take out Elton and kill him against the barriers out of control then? I mean, thee was no other option, wow, death race f1, now that’s an exciting prospect

23. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    anytime Hamilton wins a race he gets out of his car and acts like he just finished the Iron Man competition or something. Plays up the drama to the extreme to show he "gave his all"

everyone else just climbs out and goes upstairs. its hilarious

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Hamilton has driven better equipment over the course of his career than anyone in F1 history and it's not even close.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  25. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Pro sports are all about what seat (team) you can land given your level of talent. Lewis has the best equipment because everyone wants his talent in their seat. Lewis was allowed to pick and when he picked MB a certain Ferrari superstar hadn't figured out how to make the Silver Arrows into a winning team. Lewis saw something that others didn't, he took a risk and now reaps the rewards.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.