Lewis and ferrari talks | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lewis and ferrari talks

Discussion in 'F1' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    As long as he beat Schumi records i don't care where he goes, he can go to Torro Rosso , don't care

2. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Not sure what you’re talking about. I’m talking about Leclerc, who literally dumped his girlfriend a couple of months ago to focus on Ferrari.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Senna actually divorced his wife to concentrate on his career !!

Also, it is rumoured that something similar is happening to Bottas' marriage.

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    That, plus Senna liked being with a different girl every other month, he was a total playboy...another very ironic and polarizing side of him and his devout Christian faith.

5. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Senna liked being with a differente girl every month? Never heard of it. Also never heard he was a total Playboy. Perhaps you are mistaken him with Nelson Piquet?

And by the way, what's the problem of being Christian and have a lot of girls? If the guy is not married, what's the problem?

ChadR likes this.
  6. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Nope, it's Senna. And if you're as devout a Christian as Senna claimed to be, then any pre-marital festivities is a big no-no. Nothing wrong with being a playboy, just highlighting how dichotomous his beliefs were. He's still my hero.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ppl are funny...if he comes and wins a title it would all be forgiven and changed to I told u so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Ya' think.....? ;)
    (btw....if he COMES where? Are you on the team too.....???? :p :D

9. Natkingcolebasket69

I just owned a Ferrari but I’m on no team.

william likes this.
  10. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #86 Giallo 550, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    I remember hearing the same about Vettel when he was signed, and that he was the antidote to the toxic environment created by Alonso. :rolleyes:

The fact is that no driver can carry the car, the team, and the management on his back. If Ferrari fields the same kind of car in the future and Hamilton drives it, it will make him look merely good, instead of the Mercedes that makes him look like a god.

Ferrari is the logical move for Hamilton, especially if he wins again next year, because what else is there to accomplish? Winning with Ferrari would complete is resume. He will have won eight championships with three different teams.

Flavio_C likes this.
  11. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If you go back and look at Ferrari in the Schumacher years, you see a team that had to fight for its championships. A couple of years they won decisively and early, but other times Ferrari and Michael had to face amazing battles. The victories came because Michael and Brawn were team leaders. They dragged/inspired/demanded the best from Ferrari, and they got it because of that. Ferrari has not had that kind of leadership nor that kind of driver since then. And because of that they have lost. Leclerc is a wonderful driver, but he is far from being that kind of leader. He might grow into that, but he still doesn't have the other parts of the equation that are needed. I think Ferrari thought they could buy a championship in buying Seb. They were wrong. And if they think that buying Lewis will bring them a championship, that is also wrong. And I think Lewis is smart enough to see that and keep away...unless they let him take over the entire team and install his own leadership. But then it will still take a couple of years to all come together. Michael joined Ferrari in his prime. Lewis is past his.

SimCity3 likes this.
  12. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Oh I missed that, when did it start going down hill for the recently crowned 6 times world champion?
    When was he at his prime?

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    He has been and is currently in his prime, but he's going to start tapering off at the end of this era. You don't get better at 36 years old. Hell, you don't even perform at the same level you did at 30.

william likes this.
  14. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    #90 Jackie and bill, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Ah so what you ment to say is that by that time lewis will be past his prime ;)
    I remember way back over the years there was so much hate for this driver on this section, led by a few regular investigators. The subject of him one day joining ferrari was met with furious activity and promises of the world ending. People on this forum saying they would drop the ferrari brand, some would leave the forum and how the Italian tifosi hated the man ect ect, the hate was/is strong. The early days of him driving in f1 was toxic on here lol
    So if he did join Ferrari, and I wish he does. A lot of backsides will be bit, some eggs on faces. I am looking forward to having an almost empty f1 forum section devoid of hate. :D

william likes this.
  15. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Toto Wolff denies rumors of joining Ferrari and taking Lewis Hamilton with him, despite “great Ferrari brand”
    http://scuderiafans.com/toto-wolff-denies-rumors-of-him-joining-ferrari-and-taking-lewis-with-him-despite-great-ferrari-brand/

I don't know what is really in this whole story but it does sound more interesting than only Hamilton's arrival. It is clear that the current problem of Ferrari is not just drivers, I have a lot of faith in Charles Leclerc, the team needs a restructuring so as not to commit all those childhood mistakes we always see. The arrival of Toto can solve all these problems. I guess this could be happening if Mercedes retires or Penske buys it.

16. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    One thin is for sure. If you look at history, no matter who drives, Ferrari has been very inconsistent over the years. Look at the 80's and 90's. There is always someone up to the challenge: McLaren, Williams, Brabham, Benetton, two decades without a WDC.

If Lewis was to go to Ferrari they would have to let him and Charles race. No team orders. If he is better than Charles in a Ferrari, then Charles can learn from him. If not, let Charles lead the way. Frankly, I wouldn't mind a WDC with Lewis in a Ferrari. Just so long as it's not Vettel.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, it would be funny to see people choke on their words, but I don't expect it.
    The hate is too strong.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  18. 'Startin' to sound like just another (la...la...la...la...laaaa....facts don't matter) "tifosi"....... :)
    Which is why I asked...
    I (9-15 y.o.) was a die-hard Lotus and Jim fan while Colin and he were alive. I always said "they're great", "the team needs to work on (x)...", "maybe they'll'' do better" etc., etc...... Never "we", "my", or "our" as I wasn't on the team. I was a fan, not involved in any form or way. (owning a car is not invovement with a team, one is still just watching it). ;)

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Actually I’m French/German; I love Mercedes and I highly disliked Michael Schumacher who to me was not a good sportsman and a completely unfriendly guy...but I like Ferrari’s cars;) not a tifosi at all. I root for
    The best guy to win which over the pst decade seem to often have been Hamilton and just like Schumacher he is also annoying to me but I respect his talents with a car.

20. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    No. I was clarifying what johnireland wrote.

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    But you simply evaded my question :rolleyes:.

I never heard he was seen "with a different girl every month", so please show me examples. Also I never heard he was a playboy, if you consider he was the best paid driver of his generation.

He was a Brazilian catholic, not an evangelical christian from the middle of the bible belt. Sorry for my ignorance but I never heard that the Catholic church heavily condems any "pre-marital festivies".

Senna definitely enjoyed his time during carnival, a tradition of catholic countries :D:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    I naturally thought you were Johnireland.
    So the question still stands for him to answer.

23. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That was because he was gay.

Nelson Piquet said so, it must be true, no doubt.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, but that's how people speak about their favourite team nowadays, be it football or else.

I hear the same from my grand children.
    If they support a team, they feel part of it and identify with it saying "we did good last Sunday", or "we don't want that player", etc ...
    Even if they never laced football boots, pay membership to the club, or met the players !!!
    It does ring hollow to me, but hey ...