Lewis and ferrari talks | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lewis and ferrari talks

Discussion in 'F1' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Hahaha

Nelson Piquet was a great leg-puller who use sarcasms to irritate people.
    He also said Mansell's wife was ugly ...
    Nigel wasn't best pleased about that !!!

2. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    At least, we have that in common !!

Adrian Thompson likes this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, saying that someone´s wife is ugly is a bit more than sarcasm. Piquet could be a moron sometimes.

Actually he was a moron most of the time.

4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Piquet was a practical joker, who liked to embarras people.
    Sometimes it worked.

The insult to Rosane Mansell had the desired effect and sent the humourless Nigel absolutely mad.

5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Believe me it does !!

Flavio_C likes this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Oh, I thought you were making an analogy of sorts by wanting someone who actually wanted to drive for Ferrari than just use them for more championships. Sorry on my part.

Giallo 550 likes this.
  8. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    ktu and Nortonious like this.
  9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The Mansells use to live at the end of my street in Clearwater Florida. Played golf together a few times, Nigel would loosen up on the links. Fun guy, good golfer! I loved his house (green roof) great backyard. Always liked the lookout tower next to his second tennis court.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ktu and Giallo 550 like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Maybe when mercedes gave him a car 1s a lap quicker and put the fia in his pocket....

classic308 likes this.
  11. Aaaahhhh those red tinted glasses rear their hallucinogenic lenses once again...... :D

Jackie and bill and william like this.
  12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Is that piquet pissing pn his pool?

13. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Here Senna and Xuxa the glamorous tv presenter, seducing each other live

Here Adrianna Galisteu his last gf reminiscing: both vids in Portuguese (Brazilian tv)

Flavio_C likes this.
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    A journalist to Piquet: "What are your similarities to Mansell?"

"I play tennis and he plays golf, a sport for old and boring people.
    I like beautiful women and he likes the ugly ones.
    I won 3 world championships and he lost three".

:D

stavura, Nembo1777 and william like this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I have to say that I find that hilarious.

Nigel Mansell was gormless, but not very popular, even in UK.
    He was a bit of a diva but also very dramatic and always looking for attention.
    Nelson Piquet couldn't resist tormenting him, and coined the expression "fast idiot".

16. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    If Lewis had gone to Ferrari this year I can see it having worked out for him within a few years. If he doesn't' go to Ferrari until 22 then his only chance is if he takes Toto, Pete Bonnington with him etc. or there's no chance it will work out for him. He'll certainly get race wins, but not WDC #8. How many times have we seen Ferrari look good then fall apart since the Brawn era ended? One bad race, the Italian press goes nuts, and people start getting fired and the whole teams in disarray again. What happens at Mercedes? They have a bad race, or loose the pre-season like this year. They go away, crunch data, pull together as a team and come out swinging and win again. While I dislike Schumacher as a driver, due to his dangerous and unsportsmanlike like behavior, (He's still only a #6 time WDC to me, he and Benetton don't deserve the 94 title for cheating) I have to say he was a better team leader than LCH. He had the ability to pull people into his gravitational sphere so to speak. I don't think LCH has that. He needs people around him to pull the team together.

At 36 there's no way he will have that last 0.001 second in him compared to 5-10 years before, but he can make up for that with his race craft and ability to stay out of trouble. YEs he F'd up in Brazil, but he was the first to own up to that. When was the last time he made a driving error? Mad Max is probably the fastest guy on sheer speed, and his head game is getting better, but he's got a long way to go to be in the Mansel, Schumacher, Prost or Senna league. Right now, I'd take LCH over Max or LeClerc, in five years I'm sure that will be reverse and I'd take Max or Chuck instead. I don't know when the two pretenders to the crown will pass him, but it's sometime in the next few years and I'm not smart enough to know when that will be. I'm impressed at how Chuck has handled himself this year at Ferrari, can you imagine Max at Ferrari this year? The fireworks in Maranello would be visible in Woking!!

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I’d be a devoted Christian with those girls too;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flavio_C likes this.
  18. Marco Polo

Marco Polo Rookie

Jan 14, 2017
    Cheshire, UK
    That's a very subjective and personal opinion of Mansell. He may not have been to everybody's taste but he was popular enough to win BBC Television's Sports Personality of the Year in 1986 and 1992 - only 3 other people have won it twice. As for being gormless, he has been awarded the OBE and more recently, in 2012, the CBE in the UK's New Year's Honours, for services to children and young people as president of UK Youth.
    With the bad feeling between Piquet and Mansell, Piquet's opinion would hardly be complimentary but then he insulted everyone, even calling Senna a Sao Paolo taxi driver and accusing Enzo Ferrari of being senile.

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's OK for Britain and the BBC to celebrate the best sports personality and the Honour List to reward charity work.
    This is not based on popularity, but on achievements and patronage.
    But it remains that Mansell's personality was a bit odd, and I am certainly not the only one to think that.

20. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    He won't beat the Schumi records. This Mercedes dominance is not gonna last forever. Maybe he'll equalize.
    2021 is gonna be a very different season.
    Ferrari better skip 2020, kick all the idiots out and start concentrating on building 2021's car.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think beating the 91 GP wins is a real possibility still.
    To equal the 7 titles or beating it is a different proposition.

22. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    True, the 91 wins, he will probably beat.
    But if Ferrari appears not to be competitive in 2020, it will be war at Maranello. Which means the Reds have to win much more than they did in 2019.
    Binotto's head is already on the block. The fuel/flow/weight cheat didn't help. Vettel and Leclerc have been behaving like children on several occasions. The dreamteam needs strong management. That's the only way to beat Lewis and the Silver camp.

Flavio_C likes this.
  23. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    I hate the guy, the whole ridiculous style of his. But one must admit, he is a terrific driver. Damn, I would have loved to see him drive against Schumi, with equal arms....

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Aren't you forgetting Red Bull and Verstappen?
    They will very much be at the party, I expect.
    As for Binotto's head being on the block, another management change won't help Ferrari to progress.

25. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Change management not only in the F1 department. They need a serious update at defining their targets. Different , disciplined and especially capable people at the top. Engineers and designers that work together with the F1 team. It took the team about 4 to 5 months to really understand and handle the 2019 car.
    Vettel made more mistakes than a monkey picking bananas from a tree. Pitting is far from exemplary.
    Strategy and pitwall decisions this season were among the worst of the whole F1 field. My mother in law would have done better.
    Ferrari was a shame this year. Their potential however was as high as their general performance was low.

Flavio_C likes this.