Lewis Hamilton discussion thread | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton discussion thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Flavio_C, Aug 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Sounds ok I suppose but it won't make one bit of a difference. Bemz is just way to strong.

jpalmito likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The list of Lewis directly contradicting himself is extensive.

If lewis didn't care who his teammate is, why does he have a veto in his contract. Get real!

And as SG says below, how is the timing any different now?

+1

A cute attempt to try and spin what is really happening. Yes Mercedes gets less wind tunnel time than Ferrari...but Ferrari is nowhere near Mercedes in performance. Ferrari finished 7th! Ferrari is nowhere near fighting Mercedes. It should be compared to their direct competitors, and lets be straight here, there is only 1, Red Bull.

Allowed runs:
    Ferrari in 7th gets 100% of allowed wind tunnel time (42 runs per week)
    Williams (last) gets 115% runs (45)
    Mercedes in 1st gets 90% runs (36)
    Red Bull in 2nd gets 92.5% (37)

So to their ACTUAL competitor, the difference in minuscule.

3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Let's face it they could force him to drive one handed this year.. he would still be WDC:D..with some tweeks on the paddle shifts

ktu likes this.
  4. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    What a joke, these aero "penalties".
    Another FIA miracle, trying to save a sport that since the hybrid/DRS era is nothing but a fraud.

5. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Where does he say he does not care about his team mate? Where does he say his salary negotions have anything to do with morally not deserving big bucks? Not in the articles you put forward.

When I read that "news" when it came out, I interpreted as Lewis pushing things forward, since it would be harder for him to get Mercedes to meet his salary terms. Not because he feels morally undeserving, but because of Mercedes' position. Power moving a negotiation, as one tends to do in any field of business, if you can't get a good deal now, you wait out if you can instead of settling for less.

Thing is, people project their image of Hamilton being holier-than-thou because he speaks out on some subjects, on everything he does. And then somehow say he is contradicting himself when he does not act according to the fantasy-Holy-Hamilton? Curious to see any direct quote where he mentions taking a pay cut or not wanting veto-rights on a teammate. I have not heard it.

Veto about team mates have been, formally or informally in ALL contracts of great drivers. Prost, Senna, Schumacher. Why wouldn't Lewis? Maybe you should get real? Press calling it the "Verstappen-clause" is all you need to know about it, just another point to stirr up sh*t in the off-season. Or are you saying that a 7-time world champion still going strong should negotiate a contract where he earns less and less influence in the team he helped get the Constructor's title 7 times :)?

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1000

Remy Zero, Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  7. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Funny you should say that, George was effectively driving the Merc one handed, as both of his hands didn't fit.

I predict yet another 1 handed Mickey Mouse WDC for Princess Lewis

:D

8. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Once LH cruises to his 8th.

Lewis will relax after he's bagged his Mickey Mouse hat and Mickey Mouse badge.

stavura, jpalmito and Bas like this.
  9. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Getting in the excuses in early I see.

LamboLover, ktu and william like this.
  10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Gotta start sooner or later..

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/42972/hamilton-would-have-no-problem-with-verstappen-as-a-team-mate/
    And here he says exactly that ''I have no problem with it''.

"Do as I say, not as I do" - Sir Lewis ''the Holy'' Hamilton:):):):):):):)

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You read my mind Andrew.

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I would agree if lap records were not consistently being broken year after year. Is it boring vs past years?

Yes.

However, I can't fault Mercedes Benz for being...well the best for a long time. They earned it.

william likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    @william who do you root for? I sincerely don't know - but appreciate your measured posts.

JL350 likes this.
  15. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    F1 is for some time not a sport anymore, it is just a show. Lewis will be kicked out after his 8th title, as he will have served his purpose (to break all Schumachers records) and a 9th title will add nothing to that. After all, he is just a (heavily overpaid) character in this show, not the show master. In 2022 the show needs new faces and new goals; someone else will be found to catch the limelight.
    A cynical view perhaps, but that's showbizz...

16. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Number of allowed runs in a windtunnel is a completely meaningless measure without a budget cap. 5% more runs but with a 200% smaller aero department, go Williams!

17. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    That is exactly the same quote you posted before, you know, the response to a journo's question "Waddabout Verstappen as a teammate?????" He mentions positives and negatives working with different teammates, I think the positive with Bottas is that he wins the WDC 100%. The positive with Verstappen is that potentially some naysayers will only claim that his previous 7 titles were undeserved instead of the one he won with Verstappen as a teammate (hypothetical). Part of that group will never change their opinion for obvious reasons. Now which one do you think he cares about?

I'm aware this is the post-fact era, where you can believe what you want to believe with no base at all, but don't fool yourself.

william and lorenzobandini like this.
  18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Headlines from Autosport twenty years later :

Why lewis Hamilton’s titles are unfairly undervalued.

DF1 likes this.
  19. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    DF1, 375+ and william like this.
  20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    carz72 and DF1 like this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

The best leccy car perhaps.

But - sales have been artificially stimulated by Tax freebies for company directors / executives. That carrot will end soon enough

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The period between 2004 and 2017 had few lap records being broken. A whole decade !!

paulchua likes this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    exactly! Times are better then ever!

24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He also says ''honestly I have no issues with it''.

And then signs a verstappen clause in his contract:p

stavura, fil and sammysaber like this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Lewis Hamilton contract: No Max Verstappen clause talks with George Russell decision made

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-autosport/1394851/Lewis-Hamilton-contract-Max-Verstappen-clause-George-Russell-decision-formula-one-news

Recent reports have suggested that Hamilton will benefit from a new clause allowing him to decide his team-mate for next year.
    Red Bull star Max Verstappen is the 36-year-old's biggest threat on track, with Mercedes having been perpetually linked with a move for his services over the years.
    This has led to Hamilton's purported contract addition being dubbed the 'Verstappen clause' by many outlets.
    However, it has emerged that the Stevenage-born driver will receive no such option, with the clause dismissed as 'pure invention' by Motorsport.com.
    The report claims that Williams star and Mercedes junior driver George Russell is primed and ready to take over from Valtteri Bottas, or even Hamilton himself, in the near future, ending any hopes of Verstappen linking up with the Silver Arrows.

But haters will be haters, eh...
    Nothing like a bit of fake news to discredit someone.