Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is Lewis Hamilton the Poorest Loser that F1 has ever seen?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    How is it that all you guys have defective TVs? I distinctly heard, on SkyTV coverage, Lewis on the podium congratulating Nico on his championship (before Seb did), and again in the following press conference. Is it just that Hamilton doesn't sound sincere enough for you?! LOL!

Fact - Lewis DID congratulate Rosberg on multiple occasions on his championship. No need to make up more crap for escalating Hamilton hatred!

2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You son of a....!!!

What part of no spoilers in thread titles is confusing?

I Tivo'd the race while out of town and am planning to watch tonight when I get home.

I have been avoiding all F1 news sites, and didn't go into the F1 forum here, but your thread title came up on the main page.

Son of a......

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    You need to re-watch the footage!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZDQNlhpojU

Lewis Hamilton finds the 2nd place cap and lobs it at Nico in a manner suggesting that that is all he is worthy off.

He doesn't step across and hand it to Nico - He tosses it at him like someone tossing a dog a bone! - And that was Lewis Hamilton making a very arrogant statement to Nico: "Know your place!"

Nico then throws the cap back at Lewis to say: "Don't f:censored:king lob that at Me! - Who the f:censored:k do you think you are?"

Had it been any other driver sat there and Hamilton had done that, chances are they would have responded in the exact same manner, and one or two would probably have got in Hamilton's face about it! (Kimi definitely would have!)

(And had it have been "back in the day" and Keke Rosberg involved, Lewis would have been missing some teeth and would have not only missed the podium, but would also have missed the entire Sunday night due to being unconscious and in hospital!).

Frankly, the cap throwing incident that you have highlighted, actually shows Lewis Hamilton to be a p:censored:ss poor winner, as well as being a p:censored:ss poor loser!

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And by the way...you might look at what was BEFORE the hat...Nico standing up and congratulating Lewis (at 55 sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2WEUS-w3cg
    Seriously: don´t cut news together until they fit your arguments, that is just poor

5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think there is something fundamentally dishonest about GordonC's way of presenting things to defend Hamilton, when the evidences are against him.

The guy probably think we don't watch TV maybe...

6. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Try watching it again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXkObRJABc&t=7s

Lewis' congratulations to Nico is a complete afterthought! - He was actually in the process of putting the microphone down before he congratulated Nico!

With Seb however, before he answers his question, he immediately congratulates Nico!

Making up crap?: Try watching the post race press conference in full: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQOCzCFb1gQ

Again, Lewis straight away starts belittling Nico's WDC by saying how he was faster all year, and how he only lost the WDC because he had car failures whereas Nico didn't.

At no point during that press conference does Lewis Hamilton give Nico any credit for winning the WDC, it's all about how he lost it!

(Tell you what: Pay attention to @ 14:15, and tell us all why Seb felt a need to make those comments!)

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    On the track Lewis did what any championship-worthy driver would do; nothing wrong with that IMO. Once they got off the track he became the poster boy for poor sportsmanship. Any of his congratulatory moves seemed purely for the camera but I don't claim to know what goes on in his alleged brain.

8. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    +44! Totally agree!

TBF, I'm not convinced Lewis knows what's going on in his head either!

9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I'll agree with that bit.

10. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Well, you see it the way you want to see it - I don't see the malice you suggest. Sometimes a toss is just a toss. Was Lewis equally malicious in the way he then turned to hand the third place cap to the person standing to his right?

The only difference in the way I view these is that I don't hate Hamilton, although I'm not particularly a fan of his either, so I don't have preconceived notions tainting any analysis of his actions or words. I honestly don't think Hamilton is any more or less self-centred, ego-driven, etc etc. than any of the other top drivers.

Have you seen the Verstappen quote today where Max says Hamilton didn't do anything wrong in backing up Nico, and that he'd have done the same thing?

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

No, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's racing. They get paid to win. Lewis may not be the best at containing his disappointment, but he has to be thinking that we're it not for a mech failure, he could be WDC instead.

As for taking each other out, that would only have worked for Nico, not Lewis. If Nico passed Lewis and the two crashed out, Nico wins the WDC since he was ahead on points. So if he did that, and he had every right to, we would probably be talking about how Nico was unsportsmanlike.

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Now that is funny...you (and the British media) were only talking about Nico throwing the hat without ever mentioning what happened before and if someone says how it actually was it is only because he hates Lewis...Just after you told us the toss is a sign of Nicos bad sportsmanship all of the sudden the toss is just a toss when Lewis did it before :D
    It looks like the Hamilton worshipers can easily blind out everything that might leave a bad light on Lewis while calling others haters if they do not do the same...makes perfectly sense!

13. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    lets be honest here - he was gifted those 4 wins as Nico didnt need or want to challenge for them (which is totally understandable eg better to finish in the 4 x 2nd places he needed than risk a dnf and no points)

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I think he was counting on/hoping for Max to be, well, Max and force a punt or DNF. After Nico whined for them to tell LH to let him go by and that he'd return the favor by giving him back the lead on the last lap that LH should have said it out loud.

Good for silly season business......

15. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I disagree. Reliability problems cost him the WDC so there are no "Gift" wins in F1.

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If max had been backing Nico up, at least it would have been team against team, so there would have been a little understanding that maybe max was trying to make sure red bull won over Mercedes, not that I think going slower is the point in F1, but Elton did it to his TEAMMATE, a concept he clearly doesn't understand (like most things, the thicko), and that makes it totally outrageous when above all, he gets £30mill a year to look after Mercedes interests, and if possible, win himself too. If his teammate is in a drivers championship winning position, and the only person in front of him is elton, I'm sorry, but he is contracted not to attack him in ANY way, and that includes driving like a **** to make him crash or otherwise

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Keke speaks - Keke Rosberg: Hamilton was lucky twice | PlanetF1 : PlanetF1

18. DAYTONASME

DAYTONASME Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester UK
    Full Name:
    DAYTONASME
    - More than 129K employees work for Daimler Benz "passenger car" business globally; no one employee is bigger than the brand.

-Failing to ignore both a request, then an instruction, in a "team-based" environment...to me, Dieter Zetsche must insist on a single outcome towards Hamilton, or any other employee.

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  20. DF1

Why should they be. He, LH drives for them and they dont work for him. LH is fully expendable. Most if not all F1 drivers today could take that car and win. Period.
    The team have every right to intercede. They built and own the car. Period.

If LH does not like the rules - He can leave.

They were also telling him - You are going to lose most likely so ensure the WIN FOR THE TEAM. Oh wait. We are talking about a 5 year old with a large bank account mistakenly who believes he matters more than the entirety of Mercedes. A professional? LH? LOL!!

21. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You guys are hilarious.

Here are some facts:

-Vettel didn't just lose the WDC; in fact he was never in it. He's super happy to be the second loser of the race.

-Hamilton just had his balls crushed.

-Hamilton doesn't like Nico, and he doesn't need to like him.

-Nico doesn't like Hamilton either.

I think it's bizarre how anyone could expect two guys fighting constantly to love to be around each other talking endlessly about each other.

Hamilton congratulated him as soon as he got out of the car - waiting there like a dork while Nico celebrated with his team, then giving him a hug. Then again on the podium. Again at the press conference, etc.

...and Seb is a total hypocrite as we all know because he will disobey orders as well when it suits his WDC. Yes, yes he apologizes after...which is very convenient.

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I agree - they should control the team however they like. It's their money and car.

But you also told the drivers they were allowed to race. So you have to be realistic about what you can ask of them. Toto acknowledged this publicly as well.

Come the morning of the last race, you tell a driver that you won't support him with strategy to win the championship, only the race. Then you are surprised when the driver still tries to win the championship?

All I'm saying is be transparent and realistic. I don't think that's the culture at Merc.

23. DF1

LH on record saying he wouldnt back up his team mate. The team briefed him on doing so. They own the car. He has zero to say about it in the end. Its called a contract, even if its a handshake it could be enforceable. I see both side here and quite clearly. But its clearly the team that matters first and foremost.

24. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    #124 martinperry, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser"
    Vince Lombardi

25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Show me a conniving loose canon and I'll show you a ........ well, Lewis Hamilton