Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton - Poorest F1 Loser Ever?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Nov 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Is Lewis Hamilton the Poorest Loser that F1 has ever seen?

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I was a fan for his first few races until it became increasingly obvious that he is a complete fabrication. He obviously has a certain amount of driving skill but at the same time his own actions have proven that he's completely and totally devoid of character and class. In short, he's a giant knob.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I can not speak for others but my opinion is purely based on his public appearance and the way he acts on the race track. Like with every other celebrity this opinion has nothing to do with the private person I don´t know...but I doubt that you don´t have an opinion on any celebrety because you do not know them in person.

What is ridiculous to me is when British media starts to raise the finger to point out not to judge on a person you do not know in person just because of the public appearance when they self did the very same thing for many many years with Schumacher. This is hyprocritical...

And it is easy to moan about FChat for being "anti-Hamilton", when you look at other sources you will find the complete oposite direction (not better). Just read the (most likely many British) comments at this article: F1: Niki Lauda says Lewis Hamilton's Abu Dhabi tactics were doomed to fail
    My favourite one is that Mercedes was afrain of Rosberg pushing Hamilton out for the WDC, that it was a conspiracy between the German speeking drivers and that Mercedes decided in the beginning to give the WDC to Hamilton by imploding his PUs...and we are called unreasonable here ;)

3. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    He's pretty much the opposite of class.

4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    Okay, let's try this again...

A commenter at Joe Saward's blog (https://joesaward.wordpress.com) today:

I met Lewis at Brands Hatch when he was there supporting his brother in the Renault Clio Cup. My son was in a wheelchair at the time (thankfully now recovered) and Lewis walked over, introduced himself, asked my son how he was, then went back to his brother. No minders, no fanfare, and faultlessly polite. The whole encounter took not much more than 30 seconds, but made my son’s day. What particularly made it special was that he did it solely because he wanted to – there were no cameras there, no sponsors to placate – he just thought he might be able to cheer up a young lad who was having a rotten time. NICK

5. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Peter, of course I don't agree with everything he does as with others I've come across in life, celebrity or otherwise. Sure he has his biased fans, so did Michael. Recently Ross Brawn did a very long interview, and said some of the things that Michael did were regrettable (eg. Monaco) and that even Michael was not proud of them. But there are many who defend him and his actions as if he was infallible. Hamilton also has such fans who are mistaken. But few drivers have had this much hate leveled against them. You would think he's a terrorist based on the venom in some of these posts. Is it so hard to accept someone for their merits and flaws? Aren't we all flawed to some degree?

6. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    Wise words

7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Although I tend to agree with you it sounds like defiance when one asks to accept the merits of one while Raikkonen has to jump to the defence of Rosberg as he is talked down by the Hamilton supporters...None of them seems to accept that Rosberg did nothing wrong and is a deserved WDC after 21 races, excuses from conspiracy, favourism, intended engine failures and so on are made because they are not able to admit that Rosberg has beaten him fair over the season. So over here something is demanded one-sided that one is not able to give himself...Many over here have mentioned that it is not only Hamilton himself that drives people away from him but even more his blind followers. Same can be said about Schumacher for sure...
    I simply don´t like to be represented as a hater when I do not support him and think his corner is way more biased than anybody elses...

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Still think he's ****** no matter how many times you repost. I know someone extremely close to Ron Dennis, and he tells me many people share my view of the little classless, arrogant dipstick

9. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    Mind you, having been involved in F1 off and on since 1985, I know several people who would describe Ron himself in similar terms...

10. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Great post and spot on

11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Page 5 - Post #87!

12. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQOCzCFb1gQ

14:15: I will ask you the exact same thing that I have asked GordonC:

Why did Sebastian Vettel feel a need to make a comment to state that this was Nico's day, and that no one should be going out of their way to belittle his achievement by making statements as to how if they had had better reliability then Nico would not be World Champion?

Up to that point, who had Vettel been around who had been indirectly suggesting that the WDC should really have been theirs?

As for the parc ferme hug, again: Page 5 - Post #87

13. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    You took the words right out of my mouth . . .

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And?

We are talking about Elton, not Ron D

15. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    Simply wondering if it's a case of pot and kettle or pot and spoon...

16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Since we are talking about what people think about Elton, no. McLaren had had rather enough of his bull**** by the time he left. Furthermore, his persona in the pit lane was such that while many know he's fast, they also think he's a total tool

17. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    This thread should be renamed to "Lewis Hamilton - Richest F1 loser ever?"

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

19. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    The following is from Joe Saward's blog this morning. For those who don't know his name, he is a proper journalist who attended his 500th F1 race last weekend. As a friend of his since 1989, I can attest to his intelligence, insight, and integrity.

"I still find it troubling that today a lot of people are reporting that Lewis Hamilton has “finally” taken to social media to congratulate F1 rival and Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg, as though Lewis was grudgingly acknowledging Nico’s achievement four days after the event.

This is dishonest reporting. After the race in Abu Dhabi on Sunday, Lewis Hamilton said the following, in his first public statement after the race. “A big congratulations to Nico, of course, his first world championship. Good job, man”.

Nico said: “I also want to say congrats to Lewis, you did a great season, great competitor, massively quick always. Congrats, always tough to beat you.”

A few moments later, Lewis added: “I did everything that I could, particularly towards the end and obviously Nico had a very, very clean year without any real issues to be honest and that’s why we sit in this position right now. But he did a fantastic job, so big congratulations to him, it’s a great feeling to win the world championship and I look forward to fighting with him next year.”

Sporting? Both men were. The stuff written since then is 24-carat crap."

20. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    There you have it: He can't say "Nico did a fantastic job", he says "Nico didn't have the issues I had that's why he is sitting on my throne now".

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    lol +1

Strictly listing not at fault problems or crashes here for Rosberg:

Gearbox issues for the Austrian GP meant he got a 5p grid penalty. Brakes failed on the last lap too.

Settings in Baku, same as Hamilton but he managed to fix it quickly.

Gearbox issues again in Silverstone, somewhat controversial radio earned him a penalty (and days later the rule was abolished...)

Brake temperature issues in Monaco, dutifully let his teammate pass for the win even though they where fighting for the title

Punted off by Hamilton at the start of Canadian GP which meant he dropped to 9th or something

Punted off by Vettel in Malaysia, dropped to dead last.

People act as if Rosberg had a season with no problems but that's utter bull****.

22. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ask Seb. I think it's a good opportunity for him to take a shot at Hamilton. I would do the same thing. It isn't just Hamilton saying Nico is lucky, fans have their own opinions as well. I don't agree that Nico got lucky.

Probably more than just Hamilton realistically.

No thanks. I don't need to read analysis of a hug; saw it live.

23. Peter Tabmow

Nov 10, 2010
    #174 Peter Tabmow, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    No one's trying to paint Lewis as a saint, but I just don't think anything he's has done rises to the level of "poorest F1 loser ever" when you've got Senna, Mansell, and Schumacher on the historical record.

24. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I wonder how serious honestly.

Was it a serious possibility or something said in the heat of the moment?

The more concerning thing is that it leaks out to the media from my perspective - if true. Doesn't speak well for the team.

...and for the real conspiracy theorists...did Merc leak it in retaliation for Lewis stating that they had swapped mechanics and to wait to read his book? ; )

I'm honestly getting tired of the Merc drama at this point. It's pretty funny, but also a soap opera. I hope RB gives them hell next year and we watch them implode.